RealModScene
devilhunter

Looking for Xbox 360 (Dashboard 7371 or Less)

Greetings all, 

If someone happens to own an xbox 360 with an old dashboard, please let me know.  

Best Regards. 

Thread moved to Marketplace  !

Dr.Gonzo

I have a some. Mostly Falcons. maybe a Jasper. A few might have laser or tray issues. Don't think any have been opened, and none have ever had mods attempted. Located in Central PA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZBeeblebrox said:

I have a some. Mostly Falcons. maybe a Jasper. A few might have laser or tray issues. Don't think any have been opened, and none have ever had mods attempted. Located in Central PA.

Great! Can you please find me two Jaspers? 

At this point in the game, JTAG able consoles are hard to find. on top of this, even if you mod them, you still have to update the firmware on the drives, so it can read XGD3. This is easy enough if you have the hardware to do this, if not, you are stuck with a console you cant play any game that came out in the last 5 years on. That being said, there are now a ton of reliable glitch hacks(RGH1.2, RGH1(kernel < 14479), R-JTAG/R-JTAG+/R-JTOP(kernel >= 15574), S-RGH that will work on any falcon/jasper reliably with a $10 matrix/ace v2/V3 chip. This is about the same price that you would spend on the diodes for the jtag, and removes the dash restrictions.

Okay, seems I had fewer consoles than I thought. I have one Jasper on 7371, and another on 12625. Let me know if you're interested in either or both, and I'll send you all the details and pictures. Gavin is right, with a minor expense for a glitch chip and some basic soldering skills, the higher dashboards are easily modded. The only thing the JTAGs have going for them is insta-boot and you can get the diodes/resistors at any local electronics shop.

• Like 1

My R-JTAG boots in 2 glitch cycles, 4 at most, that is 20 seconds longer, than a regular jtag boot time..... And I have the demon installed, so I can still use live, and not have to worry about getting banned. it is a win win scenario.

3 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

At this point in the game, JTAG able consoles are hard to find. on top of this, even if you mod them, you still have to update the firmware on the drives, so it can read XGD3. This is easy enough if you have the hardware to do this, if not, you are stuck with a console you cant play any game that came out in the last 5 years on. That being said, there are now a ton of reliable glitch hacks(RGH1.2, RGH1(kernel < 14479), R-JTAG/R-JTAG+/R-JTOP(kernel >= 15574), S-RGH that will work on any falcon/jasper reliably with a $10 matrix/ace v2/V3 chip. This is about the same price that you would spend on the diodes for the jtag, and removes the dash restrictions.

I myself rgh-ed my consoles and was happy with that, however, it should be noted that some consoles (Jasper) are unglitchable. It's pretty rare to get across one ( actually glitches once after 2 mins !!!)  but that had happened to me once. I never new older DVD rom firmware can't play xgd3 games, I usually flash my drive anyways. 

59 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

My R-JTAG boots in 2 glitch cycles, 4 at most, that is 20 seconds longer, than a regular jtag boot time..... And I have the demon installed, so I can still use live, and not have to worry about getting banned. it is a win win scenario.

R-jtag is a rip off by team excited, the new cr4 xl chip doesn't glitch fatties anymore. 

Rgh1.2 is solid and can be done with many glitch chip. 

Mid recommend ace 

46 minutes ago, ZBeeblebrox said:

Okay, seems I had fewer consoles than I thought. I have one Jasper on 7371, and another on 12625. Let me know if you're interested in either or both, and I'll send you all the details and pictures. Gavin is right, with a minor expense for a glitch chip and some basic soldering skills, the higher dashboards are easily modded. The only thing the JTAGs have going for them is insta-boot and you can get the diodes/resistors at any local electronics shop.

Ok kindly pm me your best price for the consoles 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, devilhunter said:

I myself rgh-ed my consoles and was happy with that, however, it should be noted that some consoles (Jasper) are unglitchable. It's pretty rare to get across one ( actually glitches once after 2 mins !!!)  but that had happened to me once. I never new older DVD rom firmware can't play xgd3 games, I usually flash my drive anyways. 

I dont know where you get that jasper consoles are unglitchable..... lol. My jasper glitches in 2 glitch cycles every time, using R-JTAG(not R-JTAG+). Xenons/Zephyrs are the ones that are unreliable with glitching.

12 minutes ago, devilhunter said:

R-Utah is a rip off by team excited, the new cr xl chip doesn't glitch fatties anymore. 

Actually R-Jtag was invented by Xecuter, and while the CR4 has issues with fat consoles in the last couple of batches, doesnt mean that the hack is not valid, or reliable. I have the actual R-Jtag chip, and not the CR4, and am extremely happy with the performance of it. That being said, you can get the same results of R-JTAG+ with a Coolrunner these days using R-Jtop, which is a R-JTAG+ clone/rewrite XSVF file. Also, with RGH1.2, and S-RGH, you can also get very reliable results. I have installed all of these hacks in consoles over the years, and have had fairly reliable results with all of them, and if one option doesnt give the results I want, there are many others to choose from. It is all console specific, as no 2 CPU's are exactly the same. So before you go knocking the hack, and talking about something you appear to not know about too much, I would suggest doing some reading. Take it from someone who probably knows more about this stuff than you ever will, there is always something else you can learn. Also, if you are not having decent results with these hacks, I would put it off on installer error, before I would call it an issue with timing files, or anything else...... Excepting RGH2 on phats, which always sucked. 

Also, when R-JTAG first came out, it was the only reliable phat hack, for consoles updated to 14719, and if the boot loaders werent leaked, it would have been the only way to boot xell on phat consoles to dump the keys. The boot loaders were leaked like a month before the hack was released, in case you were curious.

• Like 1

Gavin, told you, I only had one unglitchable jasper, in my last attempt I sent t to a workshop but the console doesn't glitch, I still have the board and I can send it to you. I myself have installed glitch chips on few consoles to be frank. In addition to that, some modders suggested to use the alternative points to achieve glitching. 

I cant see why R-Jtag is an option to go for nowadays, by simply adding 100  nf capacitor to the glitcher you can instant boot times on most Jaspers. 

The reason I'm ditching R-Jtag is the current given documentation by the makers suggest the use of CR4 knowing that they forgot to program the chip to work on phat consoles during the manufacturing process. 

These days, R-JTAG isnt my first choice, but when I did my console, the upgrade to R-JTAG was better than RGH2. I see no reason to diss a hack, just because it can be more work to install. That being said, I have had consoles that RGH1.2, and S-RGH were unreliable with, but R-JTAG/R-JTOP booted instantly. It all depends on the CPU in the console, as not all of them are exactly the same. This applies to all consoles though, not just Jaspers. The least reliable consoles as far as glitching goes are Xenon/Zephyrs. I have never had a Jasper that I couldnt get to glitch, even if it took a little work, trying different hacks.

I tried rgh1.2 r-jtag and rgh2, it booted once using rgh2 in 2 mins 

if tampering with glitcher capacitor usually yelids to better boot time, why wouldn't the same be implacable on xenon and zephyr ? 

While I agree that all consoles are pretty easy and stable with the current hacks, some people just like the simplicity of the original JTAG hack. Combined with the aud_clamp alternative and using Blackaddr's transistor method, I've never ever had an issue with one of those consoles. I spent hours trying different timing/wire lengths/routing on my Trinity, and it boots on first or second glitch almost every time, but in the end I really didn't care how long it took, just as long as it booted. It takes longer for Aurora to load my list of games (1400+) than it does to boot, anyway LOL. Of course, Aurora handles that large library much better than FSD ever did, but sometimes I spend all my gaming time just trying to decide what to play.

never understood the transistor method, as it causes more issues than the alternative. lol. It works, but have seen enough consoles that were inconsistant with it, but worked perfect with the diode method. as far as RGH methods, I can install RGH in like 20 minutes, if you take out the read and write times of the nand, which has to be done on either hack. Where the jtag wiring takes 5 minutes. That being said, if you put the glitch chip on the CPU heatsync(On phats), and wire for S-RGH/RGH1.2 using topside cpu_rst point, the console almost always boots in 1-2 glitch cycles. Just my 2 cents, so no real tuning, other than finding the proper timing file for your console. ;)

3 hours ago, devilhunter said:

Jasper isn't "unglitchable", infact... RGH 1.0 is super stable on Jasper if you install it the correct way, i used a 68nF cap between GND and CPU_PLL_BYPASS and had boot times that were faster then retail quite frequently on Jasper ;)

1 hour ago, Swizzy said:

Jasper isn't "unglitchable", infact... RGH 1.0 is super stable on Jasper if you install it the correct way, i used a 68nF cap between GND and CPU_PLL_BYPASS and had boot times that were faster then retail quite frequently on Jasper ;)

I do have the board, it glitches once and I do have the CPU key. As I said in rare cases few Jasper are "stubborn" as they call it. 

I can can send it to you along with the DVD pcb and a glitch chip for free. You can mod it and sell it for over 150$ 

if you fail however, Satan would grant me your soul. 

44 minutes ago, devilhunter said:

I do have the board, it glitches once and I do have the CPU key. As I said in rare cases few Jasper are "stubborn" as they call it. 

I can can send it to you along with the DVD pcb and a glitch chip for free. You can mod it and sell it for over 150$ 

if you fail however, Satan would grant me your soul. 

I live in sweden, shipping here tends to cost a fortune :)

2 hours ago, devilhunter said:

i have 90% discount on freight shipping, dont dodge this jasper :devil:

What's the catch?

2 hours ago, devilhunter said:

never meant to be rude, I was sincerely offering my xbox for inspection. 

Well, i'm the rude one ;) i'm more used to people wanting to sell me xboxes etc. Or having me fix and sending back... since i don't live nearby and shipping being generally expensive to send a xbox to sweden i'm curious as to why, obviously if you simply want to know what you did wrong (if there is something you can do differently in the future to prevent the issue) you can just send me pics of your install, or remind me to send you pics of mine...

I just don't want ppl to send me consoles expecting something in return, besides what i already give everyone for free (or a possible answer to a tricky question etc. Even if i've thus far not encountered a jasper, falcon, trinity or corona that i failed to hack one way or another i can never give a 100% guarantee i can fix every issue, not to mention the fact that i don't have a heap of spare time to offer these days for hardware fixes etc.)

5 minutes ago, Swizzy said:

Well, i'm the rude one ;) i'm more used to people wanting to sell me xboxes etc. Or having me fix and sending back... since i don't live nearby and shipping being generally expensive to send a xbox to sweden i'm curious as to why, obviously if you simply want to know what you did wrong (if there is something you can do differently in the future to prevent the issue) you can just send me pics of your install, or remind me to send you pics of mine...

thanks for your kind words, aside from your obtaining your soul, I was interested to know what's causing the issue, I had a huge debate in two of the modding forum and the conclusion was simply "its a stubborn" jasper. I should note Ive installed RGH successfully on many machine all scuessful with 3 glitch cycles at max (first cycle usually the case)

P.S

I have 90% DHL freight discount on all outgoing items for real -.-"

3 minutes ago, devilhunter said:

thanks for your kind words, aside from your obtaining your soul, I was interested to know what's causing the issue, I had a huge debate in two of the modding forum and the conclusion was simply "its a stubborn" jasper. I should note Ive installed RGH successfully on many machine all scuessful with 3 glitch cycles at max (first cycle usually the case)

P.S

I have 90% DHL freight discount on all outgoing items for real -.-"

Did you try the 68nF cap i mentioned? I'll see if i can find the install pics i made in the past, i can tell you i used AWG32 for all connections except for VCC/GND which i used AWG28 (old IDE/ATA cables)  for...