RealModScene
thexnightmare

Forza 4 problem on disc2 with Aurora 0.5

Dear,

I downloaded forza 4 wich have 2 isos, and i extracted them to my external HDD each one on a folder "F4D1" and "F4D2".

Now in Aurora I see 2 discs.

When I enter on disc 1 i can play without problems, but when I click on an item which needs the disc 2, the system telling me the it is jecting disc1 1 and looking into disc 2 and nothing found.

I go back to the menu and click on disc2 when it run it says enter disc 1.

How to play this game on aurora, and how to play GTA5 as I am downloading it right now?

Thanks

That's because Disc 2 is a content installer, and Aurora doesn't know that "F4D2" means "Forza 4 Disc 2"

You need to get a retail copy of that particular game in order to install the extra content...

GTA 5 is also a content installer on the second disc... that particular one can be installed manually by copying the files from the disc iirc

Read what i said one more time and you'll see the solution, it's right there infront of you...

I mean where to copy it?

And why Forza needs retail coy while GTA 5 can work in just copying the content?

1. look for a guide that tells you how to do it..

2. we dont support PIRACY here.. enough said..

• Like 1

I mean where to copy it?

And why Forza needs retail coy while GTA 5 can work in just copying the content?

It's just how it's structured... GTA5 has the data stored on the disc ready to just copy 'n' paste while Forza 3/4 don't, there might be another method to do it, but... honestly... if you like the game(s) you should just buy them...

What do you think happens if nobody buys games? you think they'll keep coming for free?

Guys, lets be clear.

Having the original game discs is a must, but I rather like to play from harddisk, as it is easier, smoother and faster, got me? so no one is talking about pirating here.

My questions are just to fihure out how to deal with multi discs games in Aurora.

• Like 2

Guys, lets be clear.

Having the original game discs is a must, but I rather like to play from harddisk, as it is easier, smoother and faster, got me? so no one is talking about pirating here.

My questions are just to fihure out how to deal with multi discs games in Aurora.

Well, it's different for each game, these 2 particular games you mentioned both have content installers, they don't work with Aurora the same way others do that just switch to the next disc... (those can be done by putting them with "Disc #" in the name (if memory serves me right))

Guys, lets be clear.

Well, if you have the original disc.. pop it in, and play it.. it will tell you what it needs to do ;-) lol..

Guys, lets be clear.

First off when you say I have said game downloading, and also say you have just downloaded a game, then everyone is going to assume you mean from the internet. When copying the game from disc, then it is copying, and not downloading. Much clearer for the people reading the thread. As for working with multi disc games, you structure the files like this:

Game_Scan_Path\disc 1\<Disc 1 Content>

Game_Scan_Path\disc 2\<Disc 2 Content>

Game_Scan_Path\disc 3\<Disc 3 Content>

etc.

Then the Freestyle plugin will handle disc swapping.

On games like GTA V, one disc is a content installer, and for that game in particular, if you copy the content dir from the content installer disc, to the hdd, it will install it without needing to run the disc. In Wolfenstein TNO, you have to run the content installer, and if doing it from the hdd, you have to have that disc ripped in GOD format. It is really dependent on the game. 

Also aurora has been updated, so go get the update. there is a utility script for ripping games, that makes the copying so much easier.