RealModScene
Al3gor

Fallout 3 GOTY dlc install

I havefallout 3 goty and want to install the dlc from disc 2 but I don't have a internal hdd I'm using an external hdd. How would I do this?

Simple, ya dont. Dlc and install data only works from internal hdd there is no workaround.

If you are a bit tech savy tho and your external hdd is 2'5 sata you could just pop it out of its case and pop into the xbox. It's really not complicated....

• Like 1

I thought that would be the case. My external is a 3.5" so it won't be that easy. However I'm planning on setting up my external to be connected as an internal hdd just need to get a new soldering iron so that I can get 12 volts from the pus port

Simple, ya dont. Dlc and install data only works from internal hdd there is no workaround.

If you are a bit tech savy tho and your external hdd is 2'5 sata you could just pop it out of its case and pop into the xbox. It's really not complicated....

I thought that would be the case. My external is a 3.5" so it won't be that easy. However I'm planning on setting up my external to be connected as an internal hdd just need to get a new soldering iron so that I can get 12 volts from the pus port

Fallout 3 GOTY disc 2 that refuses to install anywhere else than internal hard drive. 

you guys are wrong.. DLC can go on the external.. INSTALL data can not.. MGS TTP has install data that cant go into the external.. but ever since 17349, DLC CAN go onto the external..

edit: on a fat32 hdd, you create a CONTENT folder, then the 16 0's inside that.. then games are separated by title ID just like the internal HDD.. 

PROOF of DLC working from external:

M$ saying what can be on external:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive-faq#39e2a097c57d46f8ae4430f268745fde

• Like 1