RealModScene
misterymoi

Is Xexmenu 2.0 usb commander bootloader Fake?

I've been seeing a lot of this in google as a way to temp softmod an xbox360 but I can't seem to find any real files.  Anyone know about this and if it's even real or possible and where to get the files if they exist?  I got a free xbox 360 phat and I was looking for an easy way outside of soldering to mod the box.

• Like 2

without soldering? no.. there is no softmod for the 360.. there is a dvd firmware.. that doesnt require soldering.. but for the RGH mod.. soldering is needed..

• Like 1

Thanks Felida, I knew the xexmenu2.0 usb commander bootloader was too good to be true. I don't think I will bother with soldering.

soldering is really easy mate.. just takes some practice.. lol.. i dont recommend starting out trying to learn on your XB.. but something like a universal remote, old mouse.. old electronic.. and learn that way.. it doesn't take much imo to do it.. just like riding a bike.. sometimes you mess up and fall down.. but you'll get the hang of it

• Like 1

Lol.  I did my first 360 years ago, just not feeling like burning my fingers.  This xbox was updated to the latest dashboard so I would have to figure all that out.  I may go ahead and do it after brushing up on what needs to be done.  Thanks

Lol.  I did my first 360 years ago, just not feeling like burning my fingers.  This xbox was updated to the latest dashboard so I would have to figure all that out.  I may go ahead and do it after brushing up on what needs to be done.  Thanks

if you use the CORRECT flux.. you shouldn't need to touch the board longer than 3 seconds.. 

the original RGH method has been patched.. but yeah, you have RGH2, RGH 1.2 for phats, ect..

process hasnt changed much, but the points/chips have

• Like 2

What flux do you prefer felida? I always feel like I've got my iron to my board for way too long.

Personally I use the cheap radio shack stuff, it works just as well as the more expensive stuff. And you get enough for 1000+ boards for like 10$.

What flux do you prefer felida? I always feel like I've got my iron to my board for way too long.

Personally I use the cheap radio shack stuff, it works just as well as the more expensive stuff. And you get enough for 1000+ boards for like 10$.

i prefer this flux:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bernzomatic-Specialty-Solder-Kit-327801/202259724

as it is SPECIFICALLY for electronics.. MOST times places (like radio shack) will pass off plumbing flux as electronic flux.. dont get that kind.. 

the kind i have posted, takes only enough to dab the point.. then 3 seconds you'll hear the hiss of the flux and your point will melt waiting on the wire

• Like 3

if you use the CORRECT flux.. you shouldn't need to touch the board longer than 3 seconds.. 

the original RGH method has been patched.. but yeah, you have RGH2, RGH 1.2 for phats, ect..

process hasnt changed much, but the points/chips have

So I've been reading about the different ways to do the mods but I'm very confused.  Do I need to buy the chips to do RGH2?  I still have my home made LPT Cable.  Can I just solder that on the points and do the nand dump and then get cpu key and flash /install software?  The dashboard has been updated to 17511. It seems like there are no clear tutorials, it's all disjointed information.

So I've been reading about the different ways to do the mods but I'm very confused. Do I need to buy the chips to do RGH2? I still have my home made LPT Cable. Can I just solder that on the points and do the nand dump and then get cpu key and flash /install software? The dashboard has been updated to 17511. It seems like there are no clear tutorials, it's all disjointed information.

You can.. lol.. nothing has changed mate.. but all tx coolrunners come with points for all types of installs, phat and slim..

If you were able to get nand with that cable before, you can now.. nothing has changed in that aspect.. but the method of how the glitch is achieved, has changed from rgh1 to rgh2.. all of which is just different points on mobo.. but you DO need a chip of some sort to glitch.. cr4, ace, ect..

Assuming you are talking about old smc hack (jtag) where u just needed a few minor things.. like a resistor and diode.. you absolutely need a glitch chip to achieve mod

Edit: if you get a cr4, it has its own thing, if u wanna do rgh 1.2, that is diff also.. major point is.. slim or not? As slims glitching hasnt changed, but phats have

You can.. lol.. nothing has changed mate.. but all tx coolrunners come with points for all types of installs, phat and slim..

If you were able to get nand with that cable before, you can now.. nothing has changed in that aspect.. but the method of how the glitch is achieved, has changed from rgh1 to rgh2.. all of which is just different points on mobo.. but you DO need a chip of some sort to glitch.. cr4, ace, ect..

Assuming you are talking about old smc hack (jtag) where u just needed a few minor things.. like a resistor and diode.. you absolutely need a glitch chip to achieve mod

Edit: if you get a cr4, it has its own thing, if u wanna do rgh 1.2, that is diff also.. major point is.. slim or not? As slims glitching hasnt changed, but phats have

Ahh thanks.  It's a PHAT Jasper w/ Dashboard 17511 so I would have to do RGH 1.2 right?

Ahh thanks. It's a PHAT Jasper w/ Dashboard 17511 so I would have to do RGH 1.2 right?

Rgh 1.2 is supposed to be better than rgh 2.. but 360haven is gone now from what i was told.. so finding those files and such might be hard.. was hard enough for me with that site being up for me to find lol..

But yeah.. rgh 1.2 is by the russian guy 15432 (might be wrong on the exact numbers)

2.0 was what was released after the original.. so if u can find timing files for rgh 1.2.. i recommend it.. as the boot times are supposed to be consistent.. versus 2.0 being hit and miss.. but if you can find a cr4.. i recommend that.. as from personal exp, cr3 crap, cr4 is great.. just takes time hahahaha.. but i havent tried a ace chip to do rgh 1.2.. ace chips are way cheaper.. but yeah, even gavin can tell u.. im not very friendly about tx products.. but cr4 hasnt given me a problem at all.. so really is personal preference, as well as the console.. 1 can glitch instantly.. 1 can glitch after 1000's of adjustments.. all in all.. bottom line.. ace chips can do rgh 1.2 and 2.0.. cr3 i havent had an ounce of luck with stock install/wire install/rgh1.2

But yeah.. is personal pref mate.. as long as you get a working glitch.. chip doesnt matter

Edit: I'll post a link to the rgh1.2 files if i still have em.. just cant say so off the top of my head

Rgh 1.2 is supposed to be better than rgh 2.. but 360haven is gone now from what i was told.. so finding those files and such might be hard.. was hard enough for me with that site being up for me to find lol..

But yeah.. rgh 1.2 is by the russian guy 15432 (might be wrong on the exact numbers)

2.0 was what was released after the original.. so if u can find timing files for rgh 1.2.. i recommend it.. as the boot times are supposed to be consistent.. versus 2.0 being hit and miss.. but if you can find a cr4.. i recommend that.. as from personal exp, cr3 crap, cr4 is great.. just takes time hahahaha.. but i havent tried a ace chip to do rgh 1.2.. ace chips are way cheaper.. but yeah, even gavin can tell u.. im not very friendly about tx products.. but cr4 hasnt given me a problem at all.. so really is personal preference, as well as the console.. 1 can glitch instantly.. 1 can glitch after 1000's of adjustments.. all in all.. bottom line.. ace chips can do rgh 1.2 and 2.0.. cr3 i havent had an ounce of luck with stock install/wire install/rgh1.2

But yeah.. is personal pref mate.. as long as you get a working glitch.. chip doesnt matter

Edit: I'll post a link to the rgh1.2 files if i still have em.. just cant say so off the top of my head

Thanks for explaining.  Found the Cr4 chip and checking out the matrix glitcher.

Thanks for explaining.  Found the Cr4 chip and checking out the matrix glitcher.

video with files mate:

might have to go to actual YT site to pull up description.. but they are there

• Like 1

video with files mate:

might have to go to actual YT site to pull up description.. but they are there

Thanks man you're the best. I got the files. cheers