RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
PopeyedGull5

TU problem

yes i did but nothing

You probably didn't scan for TU's (this restarts Aurora), and in the screenshot it looks like you're looking in the unity marketplace (wrong tab)

Sent from my SM-G903F

[...] in the screenshot it looks like you're looking in the unity marketplace (wrong tab)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I think that the active tab is "Installed" (look the options at the bottom). The white is a bug, but I don't know if it's a problem of my SteamOS skin or only of the transparent version. :unsure:

• Like 1

You probably didn't scan for TU's (this restarts Aurora), and in the screenshot it looks like you're looking in the unity marketplace (wrong tab)

Sent from my SM-G903F

nn its the right one the installed tap , i did scan for tu and i restart aurora but nothing , any idea ?? 

I think that the active tab is "Installed" (look the options at the bottom). The white is a bug, but I don't know if it's a problem of my SteamOS skin or only of the transparent version. :unsure:

nn its my version bug no worries , i cant fix that why i left it right there i did change the name of the original creator or the pic or anything just add the transparent thing into it , 

and i cant find any tu for mw 2 or the rise ... i find one on google i did out it to content/00../ etc... i scan for the tu and i restart aurora but nothing mush change 

nn its my version bug no worries , i cant fix that why i left it right there i did change the name of the original creator or the pic or anything just add the transparent thing into it ,

and i cant find any tu for mw 2 or the rise ... i find one on google i did out it to content/00../ etc... i scan for the tu and i restart aurora but nothing mush change

That means the TU you found is likely for another version of the game...

Sent from my SM-G903F

That means the TU you found is likely for another version of the game...

Sent from my SM-G903F

and how do i find exact tu for my  game ?

and how do i find exact tu for my game ?

By media id.. not all games have the same media id..

This is how it goes:

Game gets developed, is title id 45678901

Now every region game is released, gets a diff media id..

Region free game - 23456789

Pal version - 32456789

GoD(digital bought off xbl) - 43256789

Each version needs its own tu.. by media id

It's not MediaID that matters, it's BaseVersion... MediaID and BaseVersion tends to go hand-in-hand tho

Sent from my SM-G903F

It's not MediaID that matters, it's BaseVersion... MediaID and BaseVersion tends to go hand-in-hand tho

Sent from my SM-G903F

I get that there may be a deciding factor on the depth of what might need to be included.. as you cant apply a tu to a game that has been patched.. but most of the people, 99% or so.. will have the bare bottom base version.. as that is what is on discs/GoD format/ect..

I know that base version is actually used in this process.. for people making the title update.. and dev's.. but once again.. 99% of people.. dont modify their games, ect.. like you or i will mate.. hence why i always tell people..

media id is different

Title id is always the same per game

• Like 1

I get that there may be a deciding factor on the depth of what might need to be included.. as you cant apply a tu to a game that has been patched.. but most of the people, 99% or so.. will have the bare bottom base version.. as that is what is on discs/GoD format/ect..

I know that base version is actually used in this process.. for people making the title update.. and dev's.. but once again.. 99% of people.. dont modify their games, ect.. like you or i will mate.. hence why i always tell people..

media id is different

Title id is always the same per game

Baseversion is set by the gamedevs/microsoft, it's not the same for each version of the game... it has nothing to do with modding the game...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Baseversion is set by the gamedevs/microsoft, it's not the same for each version of the game... it has nothing to do with modding the game...

Sent from my SM-G903F

The base version will change if someone manually applies the TU to extracted version of the game..

As that is what is telling them which version the game is now.. and is required for when making a TU..

They take the base version of the game, the one on disc.. and compare it to the new version.. then the default.xexp is created, which is packaged with new files or changed ones, and then TU is sent out..

The xexp checks default.xex for its baseversion, to make sure it is the base line release.. then updates accordingly to the new version..

Since M$ requires all previous patches to be contained in the latest TU.. this is why telling people about baseversions isnt necessary imo.. because 99% of the people aren't manually applying TU's.. or even know of the process.. because they aren't cumulative and you dont require every one released before hand..

• Like 1

The base version will change if someone manually applies the TU to extracted version of the game..

As that is what is telling them which version the game is now.. and is required for when making a TU..

They take the base version of the game, the one on disc.. and compare it to the new version.. then the default.xexp is created, which is packaged with new files or changed ones, and then TU is sent out..

The xexp checks default.xex for its baseversion, to make sure it is the base line release.. then updates accordingly to the new version..

Since M$ requires all previous patches to be contained in the latest TU.. this is why telling people about baseversions isnt necessary imo.. because 99% of the people aren't manually applying TU's.. or even know of the process.. because they aren't cumulative and you dont require every one released before hand..

You're not reading what i'm saying, the BaseVersion is important, MediaID is just another ID that people used to use to match it, the system don't really care what MediaID it has when applying a TU, it's only BaseVersion that matters, in 99% of the cases, the BaseVersion and MediaID matches with the "baseline" of the game as you call it, which is what 99% of the users will have anyways...

Nobody mentioned anything about manually applying a TU, you did, nobody else... i'm mentioning BaseVersion as that's the proper way to check that the TU is indeed compatible as multiple versions of the game may have the same TU but different MediaID's