RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
BaconGaming52

How long can the ps4 stay in rest mode?

I like to download games, and one game takes around 2 days to complete downloading. Usually, i download the game at night when i'm sleeping and i set my ps4 to rest mode. I usually keep my ps4 in rest mode when downloading for around 6 hours, then i switch off my ps4 then turn on again after a couple of minutes to download again, because i'm worried that my ps4 will overheat and break. I just wanna know if it can actually stay in rest mode longer without breaking.

Sent from my SM-G7102

• Like 2

In theory, it should be possible to have it on in "full active" mode (meaning playing a game) for any length of time, that's the goal the manufacturers should always have... (they shouldn't force you to take breaks)

"Rest mode" should in theory also not be limited to any length of time, as in that mode it's supposed to be working on less then half capacity (meaning, it should only be doing bare-minimum to handle background things such as downloading data) which in turn should have the console be well below any temperature that could potentially harm the system...

The exact timings also depend ALOT on how you have your console, if you have it locked up in a cupboard without any air holes/flow it's quite a bit more likely to break fast compared to having it out in the open or in a place with a high airflow

The newer systems are actually really good at their downloading.. you dont need to have it on all the time.. as the game will resume downloading when u turn it back on..

Now as for the ps4 in particular.. i know the xb1 just had an update that addressed connection issues.. meaning people with greater than 100mb/s will see an 80% boost to their download capabilities..

• Like 2