RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vicicarus

Question about multi-disc games number order.

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

My question is about multi-disc games. How do I distinguish the 2nd, 3rd...etc.. discs(Dead Space 2/L.A. Noir/FFXIII) when it comes to hiding the other discs. Is there a database to find the media for multi discs(like unity)? I install discs through the extra function(Aurora/FSD3) not via GOD. I know iso2god lets you rename discs before converting them, The extract feature also let's you rename before extracting but is there a better way to install multi-disc games? I get a smaller game extract so that's why I use that method instead. Or does it not really matter what disc number I use to launch the game?

• Like 1

It depends on the game if it matters, most games it won't make a difference (the ones where the story/game continues on the next disc... but games that have multiplayer on the second disc it does matter

Sent from my SM-G903F

It depends on the game if it matters, most games it won't make a difference (the ones where the story/game continues on the next disc... but games that have multiplayer on the second disc it does matter

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thank you for the reply,

Nice so I can hide games without having to worry about numbers. Ok thank you so much, this is good knowledge to know.

Personally, I change the settings for the default view to add filter to add hide multi disc filter. Now it only shows me the first disc for every multi disc game. Much faster, and with utility scripts, easier. i could write you a script that does it, in like 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply,

Nice so I can hide games without having to worry about numbers. Ok thank you so much, this is good knowledge to know.

You can also use the 'Disc Number' subtitle in the game options, which will show you which disc number the selected game is.  Then you can choose to hide it, if its a number you don't want visible.

Thank you for the reply,

If you have ff13 extracted, you can copy contents from disc 2 and 3, into disc 1's folder.. keep disc 1 default.xex, and run it that way.. no need for multiple discs, saving you Gb's of space..

If you have ff13 extracted, you can copy contents from disc 2 and 3, into disc 1's folder.. keep disc 1 default.xex, and run it that way.. no need for multiple discs, saving you Gb's of space..

Would this work for most multi-disc games?

Would this work for most multi-disc games?

Not really, some work that way... most don't...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks to the author and other contributors on this thread. Was able to address my concerns regarding multi disc games.