RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Turranius

Multidisk games and ConnectX not working.

Heya,

tldr; Multi disk games not working with ConnectX. Works fine from internal HD.

I thought I had read about this issue a while back, but I can not recollect. My memory says something like "It will be fixed in Aurora 6" but I might be imaging things.

Anyhow, I run all my games from ConnectX. I've never got multigame disks to work (Those that need GOD or "disc 1/disc 2" folders). Today I wanted to investigate some more.

So I made GOD images from my Mass Effect 3 DVDs and put them both in the same folder on the server, connected with ConnectX.

So folder structure:

"Mass Effect 3 GOD\4541095D\00007000\11A3E054F2D71A6D6CB9.data" and

"Mass Effect 3 GOD\4541095D\00007000\B585068BCD06D97BE161.data"

I then verify that both disks show up in Aurora and try to launch DVD2. Start a new game and it says "Insert disk 1". Nothing happens.

I read up on things and verify that the FSD plugin is enabled and diskswitch (or whatever its called) is disabled in Dashlaunch.

Still nothing.

So I try the same thing with XEX. Structure:

"Mass Effect 3 XEX\disc 1\<disk contents>" and

"Mass Effect 3 XEX\disc 2\<disk contents>"

Same thing. It does not switch.

So I then copy the GOD version to the internal HD. Boom, instantly switches to DVD1 when I launch the game from DVD2. I only see the "insert disk 1" message for a second.

So is it me or does the FSD plugin not work from ConnectX at all?

Thanks!

Update1: I also tested Mass Effect 3 in GOD mode on a little USB drive. No problem there either as it switched disks just fine.

Update2: Also tested Mass Effect 3 in XEX mode and its the same as GOD. Works from internal HD and USB, not from ConnectX.

• Like 2

We're aware of the issue, and we're looking into it, it's a Aurora bug...

Just thinking that all these problems will only be fixed in aurora 0.7b already discourages me :(
I know it takes time and work but it could be as a hotfix to 0.6b as well as to 0.1 that there was a hotfix

What part of the b in 0.6b are you missing? It is a mass beta test among the community. That means there are going to be issues that no one anticipated, and this bug probably came up when they fixed the previous bug with connectX in 0.5b. Just be patient, and it will be fixed in time. The feedback is appreciated though.

• Like 2

Just thinking that all these problems will only be fixed in aurora 0.7b already discourages me :(

I know it takes time and work but it could be as a hotfix to 0.6b as well as to 0.1 that there was a hotfix

Hotfixes are for small VITAL fixes, nobody forced you to use ConnectX for multi disk games...

It's also not a game breaking thing... besides, you don't even know when 0.7b will be out, maybe just a few months? Maybe more... it's not like we always wait over a year with eacg release... be patient and don't complain ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Excellent =). Then I know its not just me. Thanks for the response.

Ignoring all the new features of 6b, the script engine alone makes it all worth it. Thanks!

• Like 1

What part of the b in 0.6b are you missing? It is a mass beta test among the community. That means there are going to be issues that no one anticipated, and this bug probably came up when they fixed the previous bug with connectX in 0.5b. Just be patient, and it will be fixed in time. The feedback is appreciated though.

The question that ends up getting in our heads if Aurora is still beta that problems or malfunctions can occur because FSD was left behind and everything worked and then things stopped working and everyone was forced to migrate to the Aurora that still It's in beta and of course it's wonderful, but not everything works

Hotfixes are for small VITAL fixes, nobody forced you to use ConnectX for multi disk games...

It's also not a game breaking thing... besides, you don't even know when 0.7b will be out, maybe just a few months? Maybe more... it's not like we always wait over a year with eacg release... be patient and don't complain ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I understand  :ninja:

The question that ends up getting in our heads if Aurora is still beta that problems or malfunctions can occur because FSD was left behind and everything worked and then things stopped working and everyone was forced to migrate to the Aurora that still It's in beta and of course it's wonderful, but not everything works

I understand  :ninja:

just because its called beta doesnt mean it isnt working correctly. I don't know how you use FSD, but it was far from "everything worked". It has less features and more bugs than Aurora does. And nobody was forced to use Aurora, you are free to use FSD if you want.

just because its called beta doesnt mean it isnt working correctly. I don't know how you use FSD, but it was far from "everything worked". It has less features and more bugs than Aurora does. And nobody was forced to use Aurora, you are free to use FSD if you want.

I can not leave aurora aside since it does all work very fast and even more with utility scripts that are amazing, I hope the bugs present as "abort" in a script will work in aurora 0.7b ^^

Abort in a script? That'd be up to the script to handle, but very difficult to make work in the middle of doing something...

Sent from my SM-G903F