RealModScene
vicicarus

cant play dvd this disc region code is incorrect

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

My friend brought me his JTAG/16747/Aurora 0.5b/US ver because he can't play dvd's. He gets the error code (listed in title). I installed the optional media update and the xbox1 compatibility to see if that would help and nothing, it really doesn't play the DVD movies(just opened tango and cash).  I went into dash launch and toggled the spoofing option and still nothing(Hold RB when launching disc). He said he had the DVD drive flashed a while back so I'm not sure what FW ver it has. Could the DVD FW be the issue? It reads game discs. Was I suppose to run the (optional media update and the xbox1 compatibility) through yaris? Has anyone had this issue?

I told my friend to just stream content from PC to 360 because not many use DVD's anymore but he swears by dvd's and LP's.. 

• Like 1

The only way to make the Xbox 360 region free is to get the console RGH The best thing

Thank you for the reply, but its a US system with a US dvd. Does JTAG prevent this as a posse to RGH?

Viciarus 360 is jtaged.

Load your Image into xebuild gui and Check your adjusted Region. Probably the Region was modified.

Viciarus 360 is jtaged.

Load your Image into xebuild gui and Check your adjusted Region. Probably the Region was modified.

Thank you for the reply,

Yes, that worked. I selected North America and rebuilt image. The setting was not populated. I have a question now, Game region wasn't populated either. Should I select a setting and rebuild image. My games work but still would like to know.

If your games are running, you didnt need to rebuild a new Image. Your Video Region of your 360 is ntsc ?

If your games are running, you didnt need to rebuild a new Image. Your Video Region of your 360 is ntsc ?

Thank you Dr.Gonzo for your assistance,

Yes, I am NTSC. I only rebuilt the image so that it could have the correct DVD region. I didn't select anything for game region.

You could always rip the dvd with dvdshrink on pc,this will remove region lock (set it to region free) when set to do so.I assume the 360 can play dvd files from a thumb drive or hdd.The last version of dvdfab 8 can also do the same if shrink can't get past later dvd protections.Both programs will separate the movie vob files into 1gb chunks so you don't need to be concerned with compressing to get under 4gb fat limitation for dl 8gb dvd's

• Like 1

The only way to make the Xbox 360 region free is to get the console RGH The best thing

JTAG/RGH are one and the same when it comes to final functionality...

They're both RegionFree for GAMES, not DVD Movies...

You can edit the SMC config, and change the DVD region, and the game region. This is a crappy way to do it, as when you want to play DVDs from your region, you will have to do it again.

JTAG/RGH are one and the same when it comes to final functionality...

They're both RegionFree for GAMES, not DVD Movies...

It was just an opinion only....

It was just an opinion only....

No, i'm stating a fact... JTAG and RGH are 100% the same functionality when the kernel has booted, and they're NOT region free for movies, only games...

Sent from my SM-G903F

No, i'm stating a fact... JTAG and RGH are 100% the same functionality when the kernel has booted, and they're NOT region free for movies, only games...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thank you Good to know  :)