RealModScene
CodeAsm

Searching for original Xbox (classic) sourcecode

Hello people,

I am searching for sourcecode or parts of sourcecode for the original xbox. Mainly made by Microsoft themselves.
I have already found some on the forums of XBMC and ofcourse I checked all available XDK/SDK ms made. And yes, I already got the 4400 Kernel source (Barnabas?)

So if you have some or know people who love to share it with me, reply or pm me :D
I wont share if you dont want me to share your dificult to get code, but if you want me, im more than happy to compile, share and make videos on retail xboxes or devkit.  

I ask because im searching for particular code, but it never hurts to get other code aswell. if you have the full sourcecode for the xbox kernel and dashboard, PM me. (I have parts of some versions, but it also doesnt hurt to check and compare)

As a gift, this has been given to me and I compiled it for you. there is more and "we" have more. but I think there are special forums for these kind of things so I wont be overloading this forum with older xbox classic stuff. the next 2 samples are for the Xbox classic, are not signed so you gonna need a modded xbox, not sure if it will run on a 360 (I have lots of classic xboxes and we have Xqemu  :thumbup:  )

Donuts3D XBE_CodeAsm.zip
Donuts3D (a 3d heli shooter ... its a sample ;) )

Video:

BRDF XBE_CodeAsm.zip
some lighting testing program

File: PerPixelLighting.cpp
//
// Desc: Example code showing how to do perpixel lighting using vertex shaders.
//
// Hist: 11.01.00 - New for November XDK release
//       12.15.00 - Changes for December XDK release

Watch the video above, but wind back to the beginning for a example view of BRDF.

:thumbsup: Youve reached the end of my post. Did you know that parts of the kernel(xbox classic) is publicy available... for years already? Modchip makers dint do hexediting, they got the kernel. its based on windows2000. No I dont have the 360 code (yet)... also intresting. You deserve a virtual cookie, just because.

• Like 2

xbmc4xbox forum had what you were looking for. the guy who makes the hexen disc, also on emuxtras.com there are people who have all you need.. Yes, and they still create custom bioses. For example forced 480p bios. i'm still waiting for a bios that will autopatch xbe's for a 1400mhz trusty so games will not go warpspeed. I won't be holding my breath for that one tho..... Will PM you what i have.

• Like 1

You don't need source code to make a patched bios, you just need a disassembler and skills...

Sent from my SM-G903F

xbmc4xbox forum had what you were looking for. the guy who makes the hexen disc, also on emuxtras.com there are people who have all you need.. Yes, and they still create custom bioses. For example forced 480p bios. i'm still waiting for a bios that will autopatch xbe's for a 1400mhz trusty so games will not go warpspeed. I won't be holding my breath for that one tho..... Will PM you what i have.

Thanks, also for the PM. I should look there more often then ;) and yeah, with source and disassembly we can do amazing things to the xbox. I even believe someone made the debug wireframe work in the dashboard (or was that a hexedit in the dashboard .xbe?) anyway, ill see xbmc forums aswell/

You don't need source code to make a patched bios, you just need a disassembler and skills...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I know, and the kernel source doesnt realy compile a working kernel anyway. but they probably used it together with patching the retail kernel. 4400 was from arround the Beta fase of Xbox live. I tried compiling (and got it at some point, but it just blackscreens. maybe I need a diferent MCPX or the revision of the chipset isnt correctly emulated (yet).

So yes, thanks already for liking and PM,s/replies. I need/want more tho :D because I "know" there is more. some people have gold. Also, I probably know what I am doing. Im not trying to just compile things, I try to understand the code and make out how things should have worked and figure out how many versions of certain parts there where, how MS and SEGA made the Sega Chihiro and help others by cataloging information so eventualy maybe, xbox live servers can be a real thing again and most importantly I think: Xqemu and/or any other xbox emulator can emulate the hardware (and thus run the software) better if not perfectly :D

This may sound like big dreams, and some people tell me to believe big. But actualy ive been doing this for a couple of years and gathering lotts of data and information already. (still feeling a bit n00b aswell) Talking to people from the scene or finding old gems, wonderfull. You can now transfer the Xbox live accounts from your memorycard to your PC, share it and get one back ;) and I somehwat figured out how to get a xbox a working machineaccount asswell (to get Live accounts apear on your box, if it never been online) but that requires eeprom editing. So figureing out how machineaccounts where generated is another topic (im already on that).

There are other forums for more technical nerdy stuff ;)  unless ofcourse, you guys have a place for that (I see no seperate catagories for Classic, X360 and XboxOne)

Bonus:

this one is free too, because you can google it (something with "xbox repair" and "schematics" and maybe "presentation" or "slideshare") its in spanish, but we can make out most of it. its for xbox classic and 360.

xbox_document_repair_ESP.zip

Hey CodeAsm, nice to see that you are making more progress on this. Sounds like things have begun to move along with the emulated Xbox Live project....is there an area of centralized communication that you guys are using to work on this? If not I have a slack team for xbox development but it hasn't seen a lot of use lately. Might be good to centralize communication and have a place for people to go to help and check up on development.