RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.6b by Phoenix

I can't get FSD Plugin to load

That probably means you didn't install it in the correct location, have a dashlaunch plugin that is causing issues or the xui files for it are missing/corrupt

Wow, great news! Been AFK for a while, gonna have to upgrade over the holidays. Thanks for all your hard work Phoenix team, I'm sure it was worth the wait.

It is totally worth the update, You do realize it takes like 5 minutes most to run the update. I litterally hit the update button, and went to the bathroom, and the update was done.

• Like 1

It is totally worth the update, You do realize it takes like 5 minutes most to run the update. I litterally hit the update button, and went to the bathroom, and the update was done.

Yeah, I know it's a quick update, I figure I'll need to sit down and spend some time with the new features though, not to mention play some catch-up with the forums, lolz. I'm all excited now.
  • Like 1

The biggest new feature was the Utility Scripts, which are awesome, but arent being worked on by 90% of the community, from what I can see on the forum. Only 2 people have released scripts as far as I know(Outside of the Phoenix team), and I am one of them. The other is Dan Marti, with the skin downloader script. The script I am working on will probably make that one obsolete when it is finished, but I might have to wait for some API changes in Aurora 0.7b, before some of the functionality will work the way I want..... (Tooting my own horn here. lol.) But really, I do think it is going to be more awesome. I honestly havnt looked at the skin downloader script in a while, but there were some things I thought were lacking in the original release. These issues could be fixed, as the developer has been taking suggestions from the community.

Ok I'm sure I'm missing a step. Or I'm just plain stupid. Any how I'm very excited to update to Aurora 6b. But I'm havive issues it tells me it failed to update and to try again later. Here's what I do

I go to settings

Down to About

Click over to Update, push the A button

The bar moves happily along to 100% the says failed to download.

I'm connected to the router via Ethernet cable not wifi

My dashboard is 17489. Is that going to make the difference?

I have waited until the system finishes "scanning for content"

So any help would be nice. I hope that it's something simple as server busy or down. But I don't think so. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Ok so in addition to the above question. I went old school..... sort of. I went to website, downloaded the .rar file on desktop, extractided it to a thumb drive, and ran the .xex file. It looked like it worked it said version 6. But when I rebooted with my external hard drives .... it was back to version 5. So now I'm really confused.

Again thanks for any help. I'm sure I'm missing a simple step somewhere.

Oh when I ran the file from the thumb drive ... it said backing up TU updates for various games I have

Ok so in addition to the above question. I went old school..... sort of. I went to website, downloaded the .rar file on desktop, extractided it to a thumb drive, and ran the .xex file. It looked like it worked it said version 6. But when I rebooted with my external hard drives .... it was back to version 5. So now I'm really confused.

Again thanks for any help. I'm sure I'm missing a simple step somewhere.

Oh when I ran the file from the thumb drive ... it said backing up TU updates for various games I have

Copy the files from your thumbdrive to the internal hdd (skip the data folder) and you're up-to-date

Sent from my SM-G903F

Ok thank you for the help. I was a little tired when doing this. Now I have tried that. I copy them thru Auroa File manager. I copy the files from the USB0 (the only one there). I have two places to paste to 1) on the system menu is a section labeled Aurora......I open it and find all the same files I copied (except dated 2015 last update I assume) but I can't paste won't let me. Or 2) I scroll down in the system menu and there's a section HDD1 (internal HDD I assume) open that and there's a folder labeled Aurora 0.5b - release package. If I try to paste there... I'm told and error has occurred and check logs. I can find the logs but can't read them. As I write this... should I delete the Auroa 5b package, rename it 6b package and then paste the files?

Ok thank you for the help. I was a little tired when doing this. Now I have tried that. I copy them thru Auroa File manager. I copy the files from the USB0 (the only one there). I have two places to paste to 1) on the system menu is a section labeled Aurora......I open it and find all the same files I copied (except dated 2015 last update I assume) but I can't paste won't let me. Or 2) I scroll down in the system menu and there's a section HDD1 (internal HDD I assume) open that and there's a folder labeled Aurora 0.5b - release package. If I try to paste there... I'm told and error has occurred and check logs. I can find the logs but can't read them. As I write this... should I delete the Auroa 5b package, rename it 6b package and then paste the files?

That would be the location to paste in, not entirely sure why it fails tho... the logs are in Usb0:\...\Data\logs\ paste the log here and someone will help you understand the problem...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Ok so I am not entirely sure what happened. I looked in the data/log there were a .txt and a .log.last both with prefix debug. Now I only have the .log.last. I would up load it but I can't figure it out. I'm going to try again and see what happens. Please bear with me.

So I just realized I'm not where I thought. I thought I was on the Aurora support board. My Bad so sorry. I'll still,follow here but I'll head to the more proper board to continue seeking help

Mtymedic

• Like 2

I am using the same connectx.xex in both Backup Managers. Or did you mean something different?

Playing one disc games is working fine. Only with Multi-Disc games (GOD Container) disc swapping isn't working.

If i remember it correctly we discussed the same problem over a year ago with aurora 0.5b. And i think other people did say Disc Swapping was working in Folder Format but not with GOD Container. And i would like to keep the GOD Format to reduce number of files. Game loading is a bit faster then.

I've confirmed this issue, it will be fixed for 0.7b

THANKS, that would be GREAT! If a small Update (0.6c) would be possible to fix this bug, it would be even more GREAT! It's the only thing for me (and surely others too) to switch completely to Aurora. Waiting over a year again for the next update would be a pain in the axx for me again. But hey, it's your decision. ;-)

And a BIG THANK YOU to the whole team to make this fine piece of software possible!

the B in the versions stands for Beta...

Nobody said 0.7b will be over a year out... it's a pita for us to have people beg us for updates too ;)

We're not going to release a hotfix, we're far into 0.7b development already...

THANKS, that would be GREAT! If a small Update (0.6c) would be possible to fix this bug, it would be even more GREAT! It's the only thing for me (and surely others too) to switch completely to Aurora. Waiting over a year again for the next update would be a pain in the axx for me again. But hey, it's your decision. ;-)

And a BIG THANK YOU to the whole team to make this fine piece of software possible!

90% of the reason 0.6b took so long to be released, is for 2 reasons. 1. people have lives, and cant dedicate all of their time to these projects they arent getting payed for. 2. There was a lot of stuff that needed tested, especially around the utility script API, and even then the community has found some issues in that(eg. No progress for downloads)

That being said, there are some new testers who are helping Team Phoenix, so the project should progress more rapidly for the next release. 

• Like 2

I installed Aurora 0.6B on my friend X360, but on mine I think I will still keep using FSD...

FSD for me has everything I want out of the box...

On Aurora, I dont even see where's the extract DVD option for example, the file explorer I dont like it in comparison to FSD and the FSD has a very high customization of skins, I love the design that I'm using to everything I ever seen on any console ever made or hacked that I owned... Hell, I'm even liking it more than the best of XBMC from xbox original.

Couldnt see the option to change fan speed, had to use dashlaunch settings, while on mine I set on FSD instead (not a big problem, but I dont even have any need to open Dashlaunch other than to update it and never open it again).

I also dont like the options on the game covers where we change them with D-pad, I almost couldnt see how to delete a game from the cover list...

And maybe for last I love how I have a separation in FSD for emulators, XB arcade, X360 games, Xbox classic games...

19 minutes ago, guily6669 said:

I installed Aurora 0.6B on my friend X360, but on mine I think I will still keep using FSD...

On Aurora, I dont even see where's the extract DVD option for example, the file explorer I dont like it in comparison to FSD and the FSD has a very high customization of skins, I love the design that I'm using to everything I ever seen on any console ever made or hacked that I owned... Hell, I'm even liking it more than the best of XBMC from xbox original.

Couldnt see the option to change fan speed, had to use dashlaunch settings, while on mine I set on FSD instead (not a big problem, but I dont even have any need to open Dashlaunch other than to update it and never open it again).

I also dont like the options on the game covers where we change them with D-pad, I almost couldnt see how to delete a game from the cover list...

And maybe for last I love how I have a separation in FSD for emulators, XB arcade, X360 games, Xbox classic games...

1. Everything can be done with the analog.. not the dpad.. haha..

2. Use what you want.. dont come flaming stuff for no reason.

3. DONT come flaming stuff for no reason. Your post really was pointless.. 

4. You dont like aurora? Dont come posting flaming posts. And dont use it.. i bet when fsd no longer does anything(link, ect.), you will be one of the many complaining..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guily6669 said:

You can change the way the menu's look, you can customize ALOT in the skin, just, people haven't done a whole lot of it...

Extract DVD isn't a button, because... we didn't see the need for a button that just copies the DVD to a new folder... you can easily add it as a utility script tho, it's not rocket science...

Fan Speed settings we've not added for a reason, it's generally used by people that don't know what they're doing, and infact setting the fan speed to a static setting means you're more likely to overheat the console or wear out the fans faster... (both of which are bad) allowing the SMC to control the fans automatically by changing the target temperature settings instead is the proper way to go... (this makes the fan spin faster when needed and slow down when needed)

With 0.5b+ you can separate emulators, XB Arcade, X360, Xbox Classic etc. etc. you just press RB/LB and it'll bring up the Quick Views menu which lets you swap what filters to use really quickly, similar to FSD, except, we've made it far more powerful allowing you to make your own filters aswell not just locked down to those specific ones...

If you don't like the default skin, feel free to make your own, nobody is stopping you, but, my guess is you don't know how, and you're not willing to learn either, instead, you prefer hating what we're doing and flaming to us about our decisions...

3 hours ago, felida said:

1. Everything can be done with the analog.. not the dpad.. haha..

2. Use what you want.. dont come flaming stuff for no reason.

3. DONT come flaming stuff for no reason. Your post really was pointless.. 

4. You dont like aurora? Dont come posting flaming posts. And dont use it.. i bet when fsd no longer does anything(link, ect.), you will be one of the many complaining..

I didnt flame anything... just gave my opinion.

But anyway I dont care for link or anything from X360 already... Lately I have only been playing PC and PS4 sometimes.

If new games would be coming, I would totally use it.

2 hours ago, Swizzy said:

You can change the way the menu's look, you can customize ALOT in the skin, just, people haven't done a whole lot of it...

Extract DVD isn't a button, because... we didn't see the need for a button that just copies the DVD to a new folder... you can easily add it as a utility script tho, it's not rocket science...

Fan Speed settings we've not added for a reason, it's generally used by people that don't know what they're doing, and infact setting the fan speed to a static setting means you're more likely to overheat the console or wear out the fans faster... (both of which are bad) allowing the SMC to control the fans automatically by changing the target temperature settings instead is the proper way to go... (this makes the fan spin faster when needed and slow down when needed)

With 0.5b+ you can separate emulators, XB Arcade, X360, Xbox Classic etc. etc. you just press RB/LB and it'll bring up the Quick Views menu which lets you swap what filters to use really quickly, similar to FSD, except, we've made it far more powerful allowing you to make your own filters aswell not just locked down to those specific ones...

If you don't like the default skin, feel free to make your own, nobody is stopping you, but, my guess is you don't know how, and you're not willing to learn either, instead, you prefer hating what we're doing and flaming to us about our decisions...

That is exactly the problem... FSD, its complete out of the box and I dont have to do anything to it...

And about fans, before I had 3 fans soldered directly to 12V, I care for dropping as much degrees as I can and not to wear out fans, still have the original X360 back fan brand new unused in storage (I'm using a custom fan and added 2 more). I also used Artic MX thermal paste and added memory coolers to every big chip inside...

My only concern is for not having ROD to the M$ badly designed Xbox...

And anyway I didnt turn my Xbox ON for more than a year, so I will not lose time trying to make scripts or making a custom theme. And I think theres more people like me that would love to see a complete dash replacement without having to search for custom scripts...

Same goes for the friend I installed Aurora, he doesnt know anything about RGH, he doesnt know even much about how to put games inside, people like him would never come here searching for things or making custom things.

I my self wouldnt care coming here for custom scripts, but I just won't do it since I dont use my X360 like before when it was king of the hill and new games kept coming :(.

ps: I would just simply prefer having a more complete dash and would totally start using my X360 again if someone would make a custom XBMC native for it as a full dash replacement. Aurora is more like a XEX menu with more features :(. Maybe when more things get added, I would use it to replace the good old FSD.

4 hours ago, guily6669 said:

ps: I would just simply prefer having a more complete dash and would totally start using my X360 again if someone would make a custom XBMC native for it as a full dash replacement. Aurora is more like a XEX menu with more features :(. Maybe when more things get added, I would use it to replace the good old FSD.

You're soooo wrong on that, XEXMenu is nothing more then a launcher + Filemanager with a FTP server...

FSD and Aurora are pretty much on the same level these days, infact, Aurora is far superior to FSD at this point in time as it has more features then FSD ever had, sure, not everything FSD had is implemented (yet) and some of those features won't come either (from us anyways, perhaps with utility scripts by others)

1 minute ago, Swizzy said:

You're soooo wrong on that, XEXMenu is nothing more then a launcher + Filemanager with a FTP server...

FSD and Aurora are pretty much on the same level these days, infact, Aurora is far superior to FSD at this point in time as it has more features then FSD ever had, sure, not everything FSD had is implemented (yet) and some of those features won't come either (from us anyways, perhaps with utility scripts by others)

I saw some new stuff that I liked, like showing saves and DLC and a few other things, but for that I already had an app ready on FSD homebrew section where it would make me manage everything and would go back into FSD very fast...

Anyway I still have to say I enjoyed quite a lot more your work on the FSD and I just wished you only improved and fixed things on that dash, I just love it, some times even more than XBMC just because of the design I'm using. In fact I would want your FSD style menu on everything, PS4, PC steam, gosh I would use that design everywhere :), that's how much I love FSD even with its bugs and problems...