RealModScene
Abbott

RGLoader for 17502

Hi all,

So from what I can see, tydye81 is the only one left working on RGLoader right now, and is a very busy individual. In his most recent README:

. . . In either case, saying that RGLoader is dead really does not make a lot of sense when we have tried to make it as open as possible without sharing code that was donated by people who don't want it running out in the wild yet.  RGBuild.exe is not obfuscated in any way and can be completely decompiled to source with .net reflector.  The patches are provided in plain text and compiled when you run the image which should allow anyone to be able to update them for a new kernel.  All you would have to do is use the existing file structures as a guide to add support for a new update.  This said, there is no reason that some random person would not be able to change RGBuild for their own purpose or for a new kernel.

He encourages people to decompile RGBuild and build it again with support for new kernels and that it should be a relatively simple process. I was able to use ILSpy (a .NET reflector) to decompile the C# code for both RGBuild.exe and RGBuildLauncher.exe, edit it to fix some small compile-time errors generated most likely by ILSpy, and run the program in Visual Studio. After I got that working, I could only find dash/kernel versions hard coded into the program as the check boxes in RGBuildLauncher.exe. I assumed from this that RGBuildLauncher.exe just generates good arguments for RGBuild.exe based on what you put into RGBuildLauncher.exe, so all I did was add a checkbox for 17502.

I was able to find the SE.17489.bin image on the forums [1] [2] and have found a recommendation from a user that has RGBuild working on 17502 to use the same files from the 17489 filesystems to build the 17502 image and to spoof the kernel [1]. If spoofing doesn't work, (it looks like it didn't work for this guy) I will need an SE.17502.bin from a devkit, and nothing really shows up for me when searching for that. So, at this point, do we just need to wait for someone to publicly release their 17502 devkit filesystems? Or is there a way we can build a 17502 RGBuilder image with the files available now?

• Like 2

Spoofing is just the illusion of having that version, it's pretty meaningless...

Do you know of any game or addon that literally requires 17502?

You do realize that the devkit filesystem essentially comes from someone at one of the many studios with licensing for devkits leak their updated files/recovery right? That's why they're hard to come by in general as these people that do this can get into very serious trouble and therefor avoid the general public and ask the person(s) that receives the data NOT to share it with anyone, some respect that others don't...

To the best of my knowledge, 17502 doesn't change anything for games, just a little bit of xbox live stuff...

The GUI of RGLoader essentially works the same way xeBuild GUI does, and generates a proper commandline for the actual builder and possibly copy some stuff around for you...

Sent from my SM-G903F

You do realize that the devkit filesystem essentially comes from someone at one of the many studios with licensing for devkits leak their updated files/recovery right? That's why they're hard to come by in general as these people that do this can get into very serious trouble and therefor avoid the general public and ask the person(s) that receives the data NOT to share it with anyone, some respect that others don't...

I do understand and respect that. I wasn't trying to minimize or belittle the awesome gesture of leaking high profile files such as those.

My question was more about whether or not I could build a 17502 RGBuild NAND with the files and patches available already, or if there is something missing that would require a public release of 17502 filesystems. I was also curious to see if anyone could offer any feedback on re-building RGBuild.exe and to see if I am missing anything crucial.

In order to make a REAL 17502 you need the actual data from that, you can make a fake one by spoofing versions, this is pretty much just cosmetic/an illusion tho...

I haven't rebuilt it before so i can't say, i think i had the source for it somewhere some time back... but, that'd be an old version...

The last project i decompiled got really messed up by ilspy but work great with Telerik's "JustDecompile", you may want to try out JetBrains's "dotPeek" aswell, both of these are free decompilers ;)

You often have to remove stuff that is generally generated aswell, such as the entry point for WPF apps, InitializeComponent definitions and also Attributes related to the debugger/compiler

Sent from my SM-G903F

In order to make a REAL 17502 you need the actual data from that, you can make a fake one by spoofing versions, this is pretty much just cosmetic/an illusion tho...

I haven't rebuilt it before so i can't say, i think i had the source for it somewhere some time back... but, that'd be an old version...

The last project i decompiled got really messed up by ilspy but work great with Telerik's "JustDecompile", you may want to try out JetBrains's "dotPeek" aswell, both of these are free decompilers ;)

You often have to remove stuff that is generally generated aswell, such as the entry point for WPF apps, InitializeComponent definitions and also Attributes related to the debugger/compiler

Sent from my SM-G903F

Alright, I will keep my eyes peeled for a 17502 leak in the mean time.

Thanks!

Consider 17502 is completely unless you go online, plus there isn't something new in 17502 from 17489. Now i don't know if some games require 17489, but the very great feature is from 17349 about 2 TB Hard Drive support. I think the software is now private/paid because people of team NiNja were involved in development and they always work for money. They develop stealth services for xbox live and what better way to do it than using latest RGLoader Kernel version as possible. I used your same sources:) and i managed to build a 17489 image, but it didn't work(It wasn't boot) so re-flashed old image back with Xell. I should need to do Kernel Debugging in order to know what went wrong, but meanwhile lost interest because all things i want to do now i can do with xbdm too, maybe is slower than devkit nand but for me it's enough. Like you said in the readme you can decompile it and have the source. If you really care about it, you have the tools to do it like Tydie81 says in the readme.