RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Electrified

RG loader installation gone wrong

Hey guys, first of all let me make this clear that i am a complete noob when it comes to technical stuff. That being said, i wanted to record videos on my Xb360 slim, for that i needed development kit installed i.e. RG loader 0v400. Being a smartass that i am, went to youtube and followed a tutorial that showed the whole process. One thing i noticed that the tutorial was for RG loader version 315 or something, i didn't care much about that and thought of giving it a go. I had version 400 downloaded, followed the tutorial step by step, it was going smooth until i came across the RGBuild launcher, it required the hack and dash version of my 360. Since i have a slim console i opted for RGH from these options: JTAG, RGH and RGH2, and for the dash version i selected 16537 (because this was the only latest version available) but mine is 16547. So far so good, generated .bin file and burned it to 360 using NAND flasher. And felt like a boss while the 360 restarts.

After the restart, RGloader interface opens and i can navigate through it BUT i can't go to the dashboard, whenever i try i get the following error. I can access the xexmenu but the games are not running. Please help, is there any way i can uninstall this RG loader or how do i fix this so that all the processes run smoothly.

The tutorial i followed:

RG loader interface: http://imgur.com/XVyF6wt

the might error: http://imgur.com/aapfcr7

• Like 4

You don't need RGLoader for that, just XBDM...

Reflash your original 360 nand dump...

Sent from my SM-G903F

You don't need RGLoader for that, just XBDM...

Reflash your original 360 nand dump...

Sent from my SM-G903F

How do i find my original 360 nand? And also does this affect my rgh in any way?

Apps built for retail configuration wont run on a devkit image. :( This includes games. Fusion was trying to bridge the gap on that, but TX dropped it years ago. :(

Tbh i don't know what a rgh loader is or what it does. Seriously. I am confused, i see i am running my console in dev mode, how do i revert the changes? I need my xb running on the old setup, you know xbox home, xex menu and freestyle. Guide me please.

And does it affect my rgh i.e. the ability to play downloaded games?

How do i find my original 360 nand? And also does this affect my rgh in any way?

Did you honestly NOT dump your original data before proceding? Or did you delete that?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Did you honestly NOT dump your original data before proceding? Or did you delete that?

Sent from my SM-G903F

I did all the steps shown in the video, nothing more or less. I generated a .bin file and dumped it using nand flasher.

I did all the steps shown in the video, nothing more or less. I generated a .bin file and dumped it using nand flasher.

Who hacked the console for you in the first place? They probably have a dump still for your console...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Who hacked the console for you in the first place? They probably have a dump still for your console...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Can i do something on my own without taking the console to him? Like generating a new dump

Sent from my SM-G903F

He doesn't have original nand dump. Acc to him my Xbox needs to be reflashed to boot camp inorder to generate dump

How did you create the RGloader image without a dump, as you still need the KV, SMC, SMC_Config, etc from the nand when you build RGloader. You might be able to dump the nand you have, and run it through XeBuild Gui, and recreate a working image. Does it show you your DVD key when you boot xell? if so, all is not lost.

• Like 1

How did you create the RGloader image without a dump, as you still need the KV, SMC, SMC_Config, etc from the nand when you build RGloader. You might be able to dump the nand you have, and run it through XeBuild Gui, and recreate a working image. Does it show you your DVD key when you boot xell? if so, all is not lost.

That keyvault won't work as-is, it's only partially kept intact

Can i do something on my own without taking the console to him? Like generating a new dump

Did you save the file "orig_nand.bin" from step 3?

you may accuse me for being a noob but i cann't understand what you asked for.

That keyvault won't work as-is, it's only partially kept intact

Did you save the file "orig_nand.bin" from step 3?

Yes mate i still have that file saved on my desktop.

P.S. Here's refined problem statement: I am currently running my 360 in development mod (it directly boots to RG loader), what should i do so that it boots to dashboard like normal 360s.

you may accuse me for being a noob but i cann't understand what you asked for.

Yes mate i still have that file saved on my desktop.

Flash that and you'll restore it to the state it was in before you installed rgloader

Sent from my SM-G903F

Flash that and you'll restore it to the state it was in before you installed rgloader

Sent from my SM-G903F

whenever i try to dump or write the original nand it stucks at 90% or so, and the 360 is hanged

Try running Simple 360 Nand Flasher instead, name the file "updflash.bin" and put it next to the xex

Sent from my SM-G903F

Try running Simple 360 Nand Flasher instead, name the file "updflash.bin" and put it next to the xex

Sent from my SM-G903F

upon putting it next to xex and then running it, my xbox360 is now back to its normal state.

THANKS alot brother. Thank you so much. Love you!!