RealModScene
StaticPulse

Largest MU capacity?

So the other day I'm looking at USB 2.0 flash drives and I see that the prices on capacity came down A LOT!!

I can get a 512GB flash drive for around 30 American dollars which seems pretty damned afordable.

The 2 TB USB 2.0 flash key is under 100 dollars............

This begs the question; well, this begs TWO questions:

1. What is the MAXIMUM amount of storage allowed to the Xbox 360 MU architecture which is USB Bus 2.0?
  2. Can I execute programs from MU such as games?

I know it auto-creates a Content folder, but I'm really wondering If I go and buy saaaayyyy... this device here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2TB-2000GB-USB-2-0-Flash-drive-Key-/162157679879?hash=item25c159d507:g:rboAAOSw3YNXcLdt

Insulate it if I can't tear it down further than it already is and do the USB MU Hack with it.  cmon guys.   This is how you build a 4-8TB personal gaming console or something....   I like creating Frankenstein-like abominations!!  This would be awesome if it works, But can it???!!???

rick-and-morty.jpg

• Like 2

the 360 can use up to 2tb of external storage per usb. Tho the flash drive you linked seems very fishy. Kingston makes 1tb flash drives and they cost like 700-800 bucks. Remember if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Sorry to burst your bubble dude... 

• Like 2

the 360 can use up to 2tb of external storage per usb. Tho the flash drive you linked seems very fishy. Kingston makes 1tb flash drives and they cost like 700-800 bucks. Remember if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Sorry to burst your bubble dude... 

Price difference is USB 2.0 versus 3.0

Legacy 2.0 would be ideal for this type of work since the 360 USB is 2.0 architecture.

At the least I could go with a more reliable 512GB Cruzer or Sandisk flash drive, but my memory is hazy as to whether or not it will work with retail titles on the MU. I already do this with my 2TB Western Digital passport drive externally. But if I can go internal with usable capacity like this that is faster since it is solid state. That would allow me to be able to re-use my passport drive for my main computer again. It's not greatly important to me as I already have 12TB of local storage on my main computer.

As I said, it's not going to be used as external storage, Internal storage as a MU solder patch hack recognized as SlimMU. I think it's also doable on the phats via their MU pin connectors...

Price difference is USB 2.0 versus 3.0

Legacy 2.0 would be ideal for this type of work since the 360 USB is 2.0 architecture.

At the least I could go with a more reliable 512GB Cruzer or Sandisk flash drive, but my memory is hazy as to whether or not it will work with retail titles on the MU. I already do this with my 2TB Western Digital passport drive externally. But if I can go internal with usable capacity like this that is faster since it is solid state. That would allow me to be able to re-use my passport drive for my main computer again. It's not greatly important to me as I already have 12TB of local storage on my main computer.

As I said, it's not going to be used as external storage, Internal storage as a MU solder patch hack recognized as SlimMU. I think it's also doable on the phats via their MU pin connectors...

since dash 17349.. games and DLC and TU's can be ran from MU device mate.. 

there isn't a special USB format anymore either.. is all FAT32 now..

now.. to specify.. you can have games and stuff on USB.. but you WILL need an internal hdd for games that require stuff to be installed, such as MGS V TTP..

and i dont mean games that have DLC on disc 2.. ect.. 

but as for max memory.. it's 2tb per connection.. so 3 usb and 1 internal = 8TB total..

or.. you can build a SMB share, (raspberry pi maybe?), and use connectX function.. lol.. but yeah.. 

edit: didnt have my glasses on.. the limitations on the internal MU might be 2 TB also.. dunno.. i coulda swore there was a tut on how to convert it to be done.. somewhere.. lol

• Like 1

I want to at least do this with the internal MU,  It'd be nice to dump my external to it to just streamline a bit plus the drive would be great to expand a Hypervision project to.