RealModScene
la_escuela_club

help xbox 360 slim 256mb devkit convert (retail or rgh).

Hi

i managed to get the cpu key and nand through xell, but i can not make  it to boot with any xebuild.

Nand is  reconized as  jasper bb with autogg and j-runner

I managed to replace its original nand and put a xenon 16mb nand moving some resistor under the motherboard, but still no boot to dash , just xell

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Ps. 

Spanish user.

• Like 2

Devkits need devkit bootloaders... or patched bootloaders which ignores the flags in the cpu fuses...

Devkits need devkit bootloaders... or patched bootloaders which ignores the flags in the cpu fuses...

Thanks for your answer.

Is there a guide to do that?

I want to install rgh to be able to launch aurora, i dont know how to patch bootloaders .

Since it's a trinity, try the mfg bootloaders...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Since it's a trinity, try the mfg bootloaders...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Sorry, i dont understand what mfg bootloaders is or where to find it. I tried google and surched the forum and find nothing.

The fact is i dont know how to start. Rghloader seems not longer available, links are dead, besides, i dont have the original hdd to ftp some files require to rghloader.

Im thinking as last resort to replace the cpu, but before id like to try anything possible .

I can send you the original nand if you have time to patch it for me.

Remember it is a trinity but reconized as jasper bb, i managed to build a new trinity 16mb nand with cpu key and kv but i just got xell likewise its original nand.

Nand is  reconized as  jasper bb with autogg and j-runner

I managed to replace its original nand and put a xenon 16mb nand

here is a super thought process.. why did you change the console nand to a xenon? when it comes up as a jasper? lmfao.. 

Spanish: aquí es un proceso súper pensamiento .. ¿por qué cambia el NAND consola a un xenón ? cuando se trata como un jaspe ? LMFAO ..

here is a super thought process.. why did you change the console nand to a xenon? when it comes up as a jasper? lmfao.. 

Spanish: aquí es un proceso súper pensamiento .. ¿por qué cambia el NAND consola a un xenón ? cuando se trata como un jaspe ? LMFAO ..

You didnt understand what ive done so far, i meant i took a xenon 16mb nand(remove it from a xenon board), erased it and wrote a trinity 16mb nand of with the data extracted from the devkit nand.

i  tried that to see what happens

any way, with jasper nand boots to xell, with devkit nand it boots to xell, with trinity nand it boots to xell too.

I just can not make it to boot  to dash or xebuild.

You didnt understand what ive done so far, i meant i took a xenon 16mb nand(remove it from a xenon board), erased it and wrote a trinity 16mb nand of with the data extracted from the devkit nand.

i tried that to see what happens

any way, with jasper nand boots to xell, with devkit nand it boots to xell, with trinity nand it boots to xell too.

I just can not make it to boot to dash or xebuild.

xell will ALWAYS boot versus the dash.. it is completely separate to the nand, which is checked against CPU for CPU key match.. as other stuff.. did you match the "RGH" nand to match the specs of what is in the CPU? eg, did you patch the nand with the correct cpu key?

Edit: i stand corrected.. you took a 16mb nand from a retail kit, and tried to apply it to a dev kit, which case the nand is 64mb? You see the issue here?..

xell will ALWAYS boot versus the dash.. it is completely separate to the nand, which is checked against CPU for CPU key match.. as other stuff.. did you match the "RGH" nand to match the specs of what is in the CPU? eg, did you patch the nand with the correct cpu key?

Edit: i stand corrected.. you took a 16mb nand from a retail kit, and tried to apply it to a dev kit, which case the nand is 64mb? You see the issue here?..

Question on the devkit: do I have to chip one of these when modding it? I thought I didn't have to and could load the unsigned code without anything extra? Do I at least have to dump the NAND and rebuild with XeLL?

Question on the devkit: do I have to chip one of these when modding it? I thought I didn't have to and could load the unsigned code without anything extra? Do I at least have to dump the NAND and rebuild with XeLL?

You have a huge mis-understanding.. you dont touch the nand.. you load retail/modded/ect nand you will more than likely ruin it forever.. the console runs unsigned code, yes.. but not unsigned nand stuff.. like rgh nand.. you can get to a point called "shadowbooting" and patch the hv to allow retail xex's and whatnot.. but hardly anyone will tell you how..

Can you freely downgrade to 20 something to use hvdump to get cpu key, yes, but after that particular version, stuff was patched and you absolutely need to shadowboot to get hv access and whatnot..

Devkits for end user is really pointless.. because there is nothing that RGL provides that is different from an actual devkit.. besides 1gb of ram, insta-boot instead of waiting on the chip, ect..

The nand is 64mb.. versus retail which is 16mb.. trying to load the 16mb nand will certainly fail everytime.. due to something missing, or whatnot..

Rgloader patches the nand to look for the rest of the files on hdd, hence why it works.. "if" one could patch the devkit nand, you would still require a shadowboot to access the patches and whatnot.. and seems to me, it is a vicious cycle.. lol so dont ever try and load a rgh/retail nand into a devkit.. unless you have a backup, and nand-x or w.e to rewrite to the nand.. and even which case, xexbuild/jrunner wont read the nand due to it being 64mb, and failing.. you would have to use custom nandpro command line to even dump/write..

Edit: here is something to put it into perspective for whom ever decides to look..

Using RGL.. run xbwatson and watch what happens when you boot, rgloader.xex is what achieves this shadowboot, and constantly writes patches to the hv.. without that.. rgl wouldnt work.. ;-)

• Like 1

You have a huge mis-understanding.. you dont touch the nand.. you load retail/modded/ect nand you will more than likely ruin it forever.. the console runs unsigned code, yes.. but not unsigned nand stuff.. like rgh nand.. you can get to a point called "shadowbooting" and patch the hv to allow retail xex's and whatnot.. but hardly anyone will tell you how..

Can you freely downgrade to 20 something to use hvdump to get cpu key, yes, but after that particular version, stuff was patched and you absolutely need to shadowboot to get hv access and whatnot..

Devkits for end user is really pointless.. because there is nothing that RGL provides that is different from an actual devkit.. besides 1gb of ram, insta-boot instead of waiting on the chip, ect..

The nand is 64mb.. versus retail which is 16mb.. trying to load the 16mb nand will certainly fail everytime.. due to something missing, or whatnot..

Rgloader patches the nand to look for the rest of the files on hdd, hence why it works.. "if" one could patch the devkit nand, you would still require a shadowboot to access the patches and whatnot.. and seems to me, it is a vicious cycle.. lol so dont ever try and load a rgh/retail nand into a devkit.. unless you have a backup, and nand-x or w.e to rewrite to the nand.. and even which case, xexbuild/jrunner wont read the nand due to it being 64mb, and failing.. you would have to use custom nandpro command line to even dump/write..

Edit: here is something to put it into perspective for whom ever decides to look..

Using RGL.. run xbwatson and watch what happens when you boot, rgloader.xex is what achieves this shadowboot, and constantly writes patches to the hv.. without that.. rgl wouldnt work.. ;-)

I know this is an obscure request, but anywhere I could get some TuT's on this specific stuff? I have a Slim Trinity Final that I'd like to tinker with and I'm going to take your advice on not dicking with it until I fully understand what to do with it. I've had it untouched for nearly a year now and it has sidecar and the correct 203watt PSU I can't it to do shit other than load it's dev menu (Xexmenu official whatever) and the dev dashboard. I'd like to know some more info on it because I like screwing with stuff but not like a damned fool.

I'll look into RGL and xbwatson.

This reminds me, I need to get off my ass and continue that Xbox classic beta prototype devkit rebuild. Been kinda unmotivated since the last fail with it. god damned brick it is.....   I know it's fixable, just havent figured it out yet and I still need to read those manuals quattro sent me for the bios-less modchip that I installed into it for a ftp recovery.

You can patch retail xex's to become devkit aswell, but... not all games work that way...

You need to have VS and the XDK installed on your system to do anything meaningful with a devkit system...

Sent from my SM-G903F

You can patch retail xex's to become devkit aswell, but... not all games work that way...

You need to have VS and the XDK installed on your system to do anything meaningful with a devkit system...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I have the VS and XDK, I haven't done anything with it yet. I'd like to someday, even if just to test stuff out for others.

Sent from my SM-G903F

you have to patch the TU (rebuild it would be correct term), patch DLC, and stuff.. but yeah most games dont have a problem with running normally on DevKit, ofc as long as you patch em.. just dont remove EVERYTHING like xextool does.. because yeah then it will cause issues and whatnot.. the commands "-rl and -md" should be the only options used..

I know this is an obscure request, but anywhere I could get some TuT's on this specific stuff? I have a Slim Trinity Final that I'd like to tinker with and I'm going to take your advice on not dicking with it until I fully understand what to do with it. I've had it untouched for nearly a year now and it has sidecar and the correct 203watt PSU I can't it to do shit other than load it's dev menu (Xexmenu official whatever) and the dev dashboard. I'd like to know some more info on it because I like screwing with stuff but not like a damned fool.

I'll look into RGL and xbwatson.

This reminds me, I need to get off my ass and continue that Xbox classic beta prototype devkit rebuild. Been kinda unmotivated since the last fail with it. god damned brick it is.....   I know it's fixable, just havent figured it out yet and I still need to read those manuals quattro sent me for the bios-less modchip that I installed into it for a ftp recovery.

VS is more for debugging or making trainers, or even writing an app.. the XDK tho, is essential for making Dev TU's and whatnot with xlast.. i personally dont have a serial port (or atleast a PC that "works" with one haha) so uart and other debugging features i cant use..  

as for TuT's.. not really man.. there is a sh*t load of info in the xdk doc's.. but as far as other stuff, eg "shadowbooting" no one will tell you.. haha.. i haven't even gotten a response from certain people.. but still really isn't needed as i can patch/rebuild stuff to work normally on my devkit.. all of which i am happy to share how to.. just not the XDK and the "illicit" stuff.. if someone has more coding capabilities, then an all-in-one tool could be made to make things easier.. but as for right now.. you have to use multiple programs to achieve getting a game to run normally on a devkit bro.. but as far as you being able to boot into the xshell (this is the proper name) that's normal.. you have to put aurora/fsd/xexmenu into the "devkit" folder for it to show in the xshell.. and as for swapping back to xshell (RGLoader has the option in the hud if you chose this option) from anything, you have to use a custom launcher to boot back, as there is no native way without it.. granted you CAN set a custom dash such as aurora or w.e to boot into from power-off state, you STILL have to use the launcher to return back.. lol..
  • Like 1

you have to patch the TU (rebuild it would be correct term), patch DLC, and stuff.. but yeah most games dont have a problem with running normally on DevKit, ofc as long as you patch em.. just dont remove EVERYTHING like xextool does.. because yeah then it will cause issues and whatnot.. the commands "-rl and -md" should be the only options used..

VS is more for debugging or making trainers, or even writing an app.. the XDK tho, is essential for making Dev TU's and whatnot with xlast.. i personally dont have a serial port (or atleast a PC that "works" with one haha) so uart and other debugging features i cant use..  

as for TuT's.. not really man.. there is a sh*t load of info in the xdk doc's.. but as far as other stuff, eg "shadowbooting" no one will tell you.. haha.. i haven't even gotten a response from certain people.. but still really isn't needed as i can patch/rebuild stuff to work normally on my devkit.. all of which i am happy to share how to.. just not the XDK and the "illicit" stuff.. if someone has more coding capabilities, then an all-in-one tool could be made to make things easier.. but as for right now.. you have to use multiple programs to achieve getting a game to run normally on a devkit bro.. but as far as you being able to boot into the xshell (this is the proper name) that's normal.. you have to put aurora/fsd/xexmenu into the "devkit" folder for it to show in the xshell.. and as for swapping back to xshell (RGLoader has the option in the hud if you chose this option) from anything, you have to use a custom launcher to boot back, as there is no native way without it.. granted you CAN set a custom dash such as aurora or w.e to boot into from power-off state, you STILL have to use the launcher to return back.. lol..

Thanks for the info, I'd really like to learn up on development in hopes of maybe testing or helping in develop that Kodi port for the 360. Would be a really nice addition to the community I think.

I took a 16mb nand from a retail kit and tried to apply it to devkit, my trinity devkit system has a bb nand so i had to move some resistor to match flashconfig to be able to write and read. I made a 16 mb trinity nand and patched with correct cpu key, etc.

I´ve been reading and  now i understand it wont boot to rgh, i dont have the abilities to patch this nand to boot like a retail system(and no one ever tell me), so i gave up and put its original nand and it is working normally as a devkit system.

Ive been reading this post about xbsetcfg, http://wololo.net/2014/09/19/how-to-set-an-xbox-360-devkit-to-boot-into-anything/ , but i dont have  Xbox 360 SDK either couldnt find it anywhere so, there is nothing else i can do with this system for now.

I took a 16mb nand from a retail kit and tried to apply it to devkit, my trinity devkit system has a bb nand so i had to move some resistor to match flashconfig to be able to write and read. I made a 16 mb trinity nand and patched with correct cpu key, etc.

I´ve been reading and now i understand it wont boot to rgh, i dont have the abilities to patch this nand to boot like a retail system(and no one ever tell me), so i gave up and put its original nand and it is working normally as a devkit system.

Ive been reading this post about xbsetcfg, http://wololo.net/2014/09/19/how-to-set-an-xbox-360-devkit-to-boot-into-anything/ , but i dont have Xbox 360 SDK either couldnt find it anywhere so, there is nothing else i can do with this system for now.

All trinity nands are 16mb, corona has certain versions that are 4gb, devkit nands are completely different, and can not be read like normal xbox's.. you need to use custom nandpro commands instead..

Such as "nandpro -r 64" or something similar.. forget exact command but there are guides out there.. and you cant patch a devkit to use a smaller nand either.. how jaspers do it for rgh is a patch.. which isnt available for devkits, well i should say the method of where the patch get applied/ect would change each kernel version, just like with rgloader, the patches might look the same, but each kernel the location patch is applied to changes

• Like 1