RealModScene
FaTaLiiTYz

Transfer Data From Jtag HD..

So guys what will be the safest way to transfer all my data from my 1TB to my 2TB internal hard drive without any loss of data?? Regards

Use the Microsoft Xbox 360 HD transfer data Cable. Its the safest way.

I thought of that pal but here is my concern: there is 1 tb of data and as it transfers it deletes from the host drive and if a problem arises i may loose whatever it has already transferred. Or am i wrong? regards.

Yeah you can only move your datas between your Xbox 360 Hds, but not copy. If something get wrong in the copy Process, you probable lost your Games/Data. A further possibility  is, to connect your Xbox 360 HD to your PC, and use a Program like party buffalo drive explorer, to copy your needed stuff.

Yeah you can only move your datas between your Xbox 360 Hds, but not copy. If something get wrong in the copy Process, you probable lost your Games/Data. A further possibility  is, to connect your Xbox 360 HD to your PC, and use a Program like party buffalo drive explorer, to copy your needed stuff.

From my experience party buffalo usually freezes on large files, I guess we both think alike lol.

There are still other programs with same functions. I had never problems  to move/copy my data with programs, Ftp,  or HD transfer cable. But sure, you can have always bad luck.

• Like 1

There are still other programs with same functions. I had never problems  to move/copy my data with programs, Ftp,  or HD transfer cable. But sure, you can have always bad luck.

I wanted to avoid ftp as this would take forever, can you suggest an alternative to party buffalo?

You should be able to use the HD Transfer cable and Aurora... if memory serves me right, that kit shows up as a separate device, this would allow you to copy the contents from it... just like you would with anything else...

Obviously tho, you'll probably need to run a secondary instance of Aurora (from USB) to avoid any file locks ;) (make sure you unload the FSD Plugin aswell if you started from the HDD first)

@DarkXorCist

They are some other programs like, UsbXtaf & Fatxplorer. But they are old and not all functions in Fatxplorer are unlocked. 

@DarkXorCist

They are some other programs like, UsbXtaf & Fatxplorer. But they are old and not all functions in Fatxplorer are unlocked.

Isn't UsbXtaf the same as Party Buffalo - just a earlier revision?

I have no idea.  It's been a long time, as I used these programs. For most copy operations, the HD Cable and Aurora be enough for me.

• Like 1

Yeah it is like pb & quite basic

Actually, looking at it... indeed, it's the original project which became Party Buffalo =)

You should be able to use the HD Transfer cable and Aurora... if memory serves me right, that kit shows up as a separate device, this would allow you to copy the contents from it... just like you would with anything else...

Obviously tho, you'll probably need to run a secondary instance of Aurora (from USB) to avoid any file locks ;) (make sure you unload the FSD Plugin aswell if you started from the HDD first)

"you'll probably need to run a secondary instance of Aurora (from USB)" could i boot to FSD then browse to aurora to do it that way?

"you'll probably need to run a secondary instance of Aurora (from USB)" could i boot to FSD then browse to aurora to do it that way?

As long as you run aurora from usb, it won't be a problem (if you unload the fsd plugin)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Does the Aurora FTP server support FXP?

No, it only handles the FTP protocol

So i finally migrated all my data to my larger HD and what an hassle it was. I mainly used Fatxplorer and integrated the drive into windows to copy because party buffallo would not work with any of my HD's over 1TB.

I have one niggling problem if anyone can help... Its just one arcade game called "Game Room". It shows up in my xbox 360 catagory and it should be in XBLA section. I have altered the content database for others that was like this but for some reason Game Room will not move to XBLA section. I believe i have done the settings right. I did the settings correctly on the 1TB i just upgraded from without issues. I have re installed aurora a few times as fresh copies and re done the scan paths etc but for some reason i cannot get it shifted to my XBLA catagory.

I would really appreciate some help with this. Regards

Content.db Latest files.rar

No, it only handles the FTP protocol

I tried it with local FXP using flashfxp & it seems to work fine.  I will try with multiple systems & report back but I expect it to work.

Its just one arcade game called "Game Room". It shows up in my xbox 360 catagory and it should be in XBLA section.

I see the same thing.  Not sure how to fix that.  Might want to make a separate topic.

I tried it with local FXP using flashfxp & it seems to work fine. I will try with multiple systems & report back but I expect it to work.

Flash FXP should fallback to FTP tho...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I recently assisted a colleague with migrating from 250GB internal (retail xbox drive) to 1TB internal - the programs that worked well for me was:

Xplorer360-250gb ~ For transferring all the App/Game folders (the key was to run it as Admin - otherwise your Retail XBOX HDDs don't register)

Horizon ~ For extracting & reimbedding the Gamer Profiles & TUs

FXP works great:

[09:09:07] Download: skin_src.zip 806 KB in 0.40 seconds (806.1 KB/s)
[09:09:07] Download: templog.py 3 KB in 0.00 seconds (3.5 KB/s)
[09:09:08] Download: launch.ini 12 KB in 0.03 seconds (12.3 KB/s)
[09:09:08] Transferred 11 Files (2.56 MB) in 2 seconds (1.04 MB/s)
[09:21:36] FXP: 638152C719C45657B6640991BA6375D88A9D437D4D 29.84 MB in 5 seconds (6.54 MB/s)
[09:22:00] FXP: Data0000 162.56 MB in 24 seconds (6.87 MB/s)
[09:22:24] FXP: Data0001 162.56 MB in 24 seconds (6.86 MB/s)

I can think of 4 ways to do this off the top of my head, without the transfer cable.

1. FTP the content to your computer, then copy it back when you install the new HDD.

2. Copy the content to a USB HDD, then copy it back to the new HDD.

3. take both HDDS that are formated for the xbox, and plug them into the computer, and use an xtaf program to extract/inject the files into the new HDD Filesystem.

4. Have 2 Jtag consoles, with XBDM configured as a DL plugin, and use Xbox360 Neighborhood(Requires a copy of the XDK on you computer.) to copy the data from one to the other.

• Like 1