RealModScene
AntiFly

OpenBOR v3.2 Build 3698

Hey SwiZzy maybe you are able to compile this for xbox360/lib?

Would be great.... ive tested the .xbe with JTAG its working so far but whilest this is an xbox emu i couldnt manage to get logs out of it, the paths are not compatible i guess.

Download the source here: http://www.share-online.biz/dl/II736JAOI0LP

OpenBOR v3.2 Build 3698 ported by A600 maintained by Madmab

This is an OpenBOR port for the Xbox1, possible thanks to the hard work of the OpenBOR and Senile teams and the SDLx libs by Lantus.

For more info about OpenBOR, check out http://www.chronocrash.com/

* Openbor now remembers the last PAK selected on exit.

* When exiting a gamepak openbor does a "reload" and goes back to the game select menu.

* Changing the "aspect ratio" in the "video options" would cause the screen to blank.  Fixed.

* The "widescreen" mode of the gameselect menu is activated when in 720p mode.

* Xbox now falls back to 640i if you have 720p=1 in your xbox.cfg and the xbox is not hooked up to an HDTV.

* Pressing right analog stick (or whatever is assigned to "screenshot") will toggle between 640i and 720p if you are hooked up to an HDTV.  Use 640i for those PAK files that have out of memory issues.

* Corrected free memory display in log output.  It was always displaying 0.

* Commented out a group of lines that were causing intermittent lockups on various BOR paks.. Will it cause other problems?  Only testing will tell.

* Track info not displaying properly in music player if > 24 characters.. Fixed.

* Some reversed indexes was causing crashes when paks with 105 (may actually be 80) or more tracks (eg. Vermilion Sword) were in the pak folder.  Fixed

* Created an intercept for malloc and calloc commands so we can exit properly and log out of memory errors.

* Because the xbox port always write a new "openborlog.txt" file the old one is copied to "openborloglast.txt".  Same thing for the script file.

* Some older paks would not play in build 3698 due to a correction in some script error correction.  However they ran (for the most part) just fine before this correction occured.  If you want to play these older paks edit the xbox.cfg file and add the line "old_error_checking=1".  Doing this will allow you to load the older paks.  The errors caused by these paks will still be logged.  If you want to force openbor to exit on these errors (for pak testing purposed) then change the line in the xbox.cfg to "old_error_checking=0".  The errors will be logged AND openbor will exit on an error.

Errors typical of this scenario would be something like ""Fatal Error in load_cached_model, file: data/chars/Dora/Dora.txt, line 14, message: Failed to create colourmap. Failed to create bitmap1".  Usually something to do with the colourmap.  If openbor exits and this is one of the last error messages in the log then try the above mentioned procedure.

* The code to play background music in the music player was not properly passing the pointer.  Fixed

* Added Samba support for playing PAK files.  Because this uses more memory and memory is pretty tight on some paks I'm releasing two versions of openbor.  One for people who want to use samba and one which has more free memory which is xbox hard drive only.  Read below section on Samba support for more into.

* Using SAMBA *

If you want to use samba you have to do two things.  Rename the default_samba.xbe to default.xbe so you can run that.  If you really want to you could probably put it in a seperate folder.  Just make sure you copy over openbor's support files.

You'll have to edit the xbox.cfg file and add the line xbox_path_pak_net="" to it.  Within the quotes you want to put the samba path.  You can also put a local drive if you want to (preferably D:\).

For example..

Local -> "d:\Paks\Favorites", "d:\paks\"

A typical samba path is of the following format..

"smb:\\DEVICENAME\SHARENAME\The\Path\Too\My\Paks"

For example.. I have a computer with the network name MADMAB and a share called "YorgleT2" then I might have something like this.

"smb:\\MADMAB\YorgleT2\Console\Xbox\Xbox Homebrew\BOR-openbor stuff\New"

You should also be able to use the format as described in x-port emulators.  Read below if you use username and password

The smbshare parameter accepts many different formats.  Here are the most 
common:

xbox_path_pak_net="smb://username:password@workgroup/computername/sharename"
xbox_path_pak_net="smb://username:password@workgroup:ip_address/computername/sharename"
xbox_path_pak_net="smb://username:password@computername/sharename"
xbox_path_pak_net="smb://username:password@computername:ip_address/sharename"
xbox_path_pak_net="smb://workgroup/computername/sharename"
xbox_path_pak_net="smb://workgroup:ip_address/computername/sharename"
xbox_path_pak_net="smb://computername/sharename"
xbox_path_pak_net="smb://computername:ip_address/sharename"

* To Do *

* Update the openbor core.  At some point I want to update the openbor which should not be too difficult.  For now we will stick to checking this version for issues and bugs so we know it is stable.

* Update xResizer to work with 720p.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OpenBOR v3.0 Build 3698 ported by A600

This is an OpenBOR port for the Xbox1, possible thanks to the hard work of the OpenBOR and Senile teams and the SDLx libs by Lantus.

For more info about OpenBOR, check out http://www.lavalit.com

WHAT'S NEW
----------

- Night Slashers X doesn't crash anymore after finishing the first level (bug fixed by utunnels)
- Sprites are always unloaded from memory after completing a level. That means that Night Slashers X, Bare Knuckle 6 and probably other games don't crash due to lack of free memory.
- Rumble intensity option is now changed with left and right.
- Updated source code to r3698.

(Build 3692)

- Added rumble support. By default is disabled. Change it with the "Rumble Intensity" option from the Controls menu.
- Updated source code to r3692.

CONTROLS
--------

Dpad 			-> Up/Down/Left/Right
A			-> Button1
B 			-> Button2
X 			-> Button5
Y 			-> Button6
Left Trigger 		-> Button3
Right Trigger 		-> Button4
Back			-> Escape
Start			-> Start
Right Analog Thumb	-> Screenshot

All controls can be remapped using the "Control Options" menu.

SCREEN
------

If you are using the 720p videomode, to get a correct aspect ratio for those 4:3 paks, select the menu "Video Options" - "Aspect ratio" and set it to 4:3.

The xResizer.xbe included allows to resize the screen for those with overscan problems. It generates an xbox.cfg with these default settings:

xpos=0
ypos=0
xstretch=0
ystretch=0
flickerfilter=1
720p=1

The flickerfilter option can be a number between 0 and 5.

Source code (sources.rar) included.

-A600-

OpenBOR
----------------------
OpenBOR is a continuation of the Beats Of Rage 2D game engine, which was originally
created by the wonderful folks over at http://www.senileteam.com.'>http://www.senileteam.com.

History
----------------------
In 2004, Senile Team released Beats of Rage, a free beat-'em-up for DOS inspired 
by SEGA's Streets of Rage series and using sprites from SNK Playmore's King of 
Fighters series.  The game spread only by word of mouth, but it nonetheless 
amassed popularity very quickly.  Senile Team soon released an edit pack allowing 
anyone interested to create a mod for the BOR engine.

In 2005, Kirby2000 asked Senile Team to open the source code to BOR.  They 
agreed, and OpenBOR was born.  Development on the engine was continued by the 
community, and still is to this day.

Available Platforms
----------------------
OpenBOR has a very modular and portable design inherited from Beats of Rage. Ports 
to the following platforms are currently supported:

* Windows
* Linux
* Mac OS X
* Wii
* PSP
* Dreamcast
* GP2X
* GP2X Wiz
* Dingoo a320

In addition to the above, the original Beats of Rage engine (downloadable from 
the Senile Team website) is available for the following platforms:

* DOS
* Playstation 2
* Xbox
* GP32
* Palmtop

Source Code
----------------------
svn checkout https://lavalit.com/svn/openbor openbor

You may get a security warning from your Subversion client.  This is because 
LavaLit signs its own SSL certificate, and it can be safely ignored.  If you get 
a *fatal* error, you should upgrade to a newer version of the Neon HTTP library. 
This bug is fixed in neon 0.29.5 (released October 14, 2010).

OpenBOR Team
----------------------
SumolX (2006-2011)
Project Manager, Lead Programmer, Known for porting PSP, PS3, Linux, Wii, GP2X and 
maintaining all other platforms and code base.

uTunnels (2007-2010)
Developed the scripting engine for OpenBOR and also added many exciting features.

KBbandressen (2007-2011)
New developer that is feature rich!

Plombo (2009-2011)
A developer who prefers to work on OpenBOR's supporting libraries and 
platform-specific backends.  Known for maintaining the Wii port, writing the 
GPU-accelerated video code for Wii and OpenGL, and a few engine features.

Damon Caskey (2007-2011)
Scripter, Tester and Developer.  What else can I say.

CGRemakes (2005-2006)
Main developer after Kirby2K.  Introduced many exicting features to engine.

LordBall (2006)
Developed offshoot engine based on OpenBOR.  Shared features with both engines.

Tails (2006)

Fugue (2006)

Kirby2K (2004-2005)
The original developer of OpenBOR who asked Senile Team for permission to open 
up Beats Of Rage.

Senile Team Members
----------------------
Roel (credited as "Opla" in BoR)
The team's chieftain. Does most of the game design, programming and artwork.
http://www.roelvanmastbergen.nl

Jeroen (credited as "Leila" in BoR)
Does all the things no one else does.

Sander (credited as "Albatross" in BoR)
3D artist and animation sequence editor.

Ben
Senile Team's composer, who is currently working on the soundtrack for Age of the Beast.

Neill
Neill was the first to port Beats of Rage to other systems, namely Playstation 2 
and Dreamcast. He now supports Senile Team with advice regarding console hardware 
and code compatibility, and has agreed to port Age of the Beast when it's ready.
http://www.neillcorlett.com

Websites
----------------------
LavaLit (home of OpenBOR development) - http://www.lavalit.com
Senile Team (original authors of Beats of Rage) - http://www.senileteam.com

OpenBOR File Layout
----------------------

***********************************************************************************
*                                     Windows                                     *
***********************************************************************************

-> OpenBOR/
      |
      -> OpenBOR.exe
      -> borpak.exe
      -> packer.bat
      -> paxplode.bat
      |
      -> Paks/
      -> ScreenShots/
      -> Logs/
      -> Saves/      

*                                     Linux                                       *

-> OpenBOR/
      |
      -> OpenBOR
      -> borpak
      -> packer
      -> paxplode
      |
      -> Paks/
      -> ScreenShots/
      -> Logs/
      -> Saves/

*                                    Mac OS X                                     *

-> OpenBOR.app/
      |
      -> Contents
           |
           -> MacOS
           |   |
           |   -> OpenBOR
           |  
           -> Resources
           |   |
           |   -> borpak
           |   -> packer
           |   -> paxplode
           |   |
           |   -> Paks/
           |   -> ScreenShots/
           |   -> Logs/
           |   -> Saves/
           |
           -> Libraries

*                                       Wii                                       *

-> apps/
      | 
      ->OpenBOR/
          |
          -> boot.dol
          -> meta.xml
          -> icon.png
          |
          -> Paks/
          -> ScreenShots/
          -> Logs/
          -> Saves/

*                                   Dreamcast                                     *

-> 1st_READ.bin
   bor.pak

*                             PSP 3.71 m33-4 Required                             *

-> ms0:/PSP/GAME/OpenBOR/
                    |
                    -> EBOOT.PBP
                    |
                    -> Images/
                    |     |
                    |     -> Menu.png
                    |
                    -> Modules/
                    |     |
                    |     -> ctrlhook.prx
                    |     -> dvemgr.prx
                    |     -> exception.prx
                    |
                    -> Logs/
                    -> Saves/

*                                 GamePark GP2X                                   *

-> OpenBOR/
      |
      -> OpenBOR.gpe
      -> mmuhack.o
      |
      -> Paks/
      -> ScreenShots/
      -> Logs/
      -> Saves/

*                                       XBOX                                      *

-> OpenBOR/
      |
      -> default.xbe
      |
      -> Paks/
      |     |
      |     -> menu.pak
      |
      -> ScreenShots/
      -> Logs/
      -> Saves/

Hey SwiZzy maybe you are able to compile this for xbox360/lib?

It will not work, because the sources are for Xbox 1. You will get a bunch of error messages in your 360 compiler frontend. 

• Like 2

It will not work, because the sources are for Xbox 1. You will get a bunch of error messages in your 360 compiler frontend. 

there is actually a xbox360 port for this one but the older version "OpenBOR360 v3.0 Build 3688 ported by A600".. the source with this one exist.

maybe we could make a diff with changes ?

there is actually a xbox360 port for this one but the older version "OpenBOR360 v3.0 Build 3688 ported by A600".. the source with this one exist.

maybe we could make a diff with changes ?

Yes, can you find the xb1 port of 3.0 aswell? Then we can do a diff compared to 3.2 aswell and make the changes needed for it to be the same while working on 360...

Sent from my SM-G903F

can you work with that swizzy ?

Sorry, haven't had alot of time where i could focus lately, i'll try to take a closer look at things tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G903F

Hi

Some news about this project please ?
I really love OpenBOR :D
And on xBox 1 the 34 Mo of RAM is a big problem for many recent mods :(

Thanks

The files are no longer there but I'm sure Swizzy would post if there was any news.  I would like to hear something too, but I know that being patient is the best approach.  Pestering with posts asking for status does not help.  If you want it to go faster, make a devkit & get it compiling and share the results.

• Like 1

I don't want to go faster lol ... i only ask if this project is alive or not :)
I know well Madmab from years, i work a lot on xbox 1 with Photoshop and to make many video and video capture for menu and emulators.

But i'm not a coder :p

madmab is supporting this emulator but just on xbox1 (classic) , so i thought about maybe swizzy or somebody else could port this to x360. but i guess this is not that easy.

with the power of x360 this emu could be really nice since it runs great on the classic too.

madmab is supporting this emulator but just on xbox1 (classic) , so i thought about maybe swizzy or somebody else could port this to x360. but i guess this is not that easy.

with the power of x360 this emu could be really nice since it runs great on the classic too.

The code changes would be tedious, due to endian issues, and the changes to the DIrectX API. I was chatting with someone about porting XBMC to the 360, and while it is still very much a work in progress, they did have a workableish version. Now they were only working on the basic guilib, which only handles the GUI. I didnt try the latest build, which I could get to build for a retail 360, but not for a devkit. Wierdly enough, so I couldnt really do any debugging on it. :(   I might mess with it later, to see if I can, but it is not a priority.