RealModScene
jackthejobber

Partitioning in xbox 360

I have a partitioned hard drive with Fat32 and ntfs partitions. When I plug it into my xbox, it shows "unformatted". If I go with that, will the xbox format my whole hard drive? Or will it look for the fat32 partition and format that? Or will it format the ntfs partition?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

The dasboard 2.0.17502 detects non-xbox-formatted hard drives as just regular hard drives where you see how much free space there is but obviously no game data such as DLC, saves etc. I tried it with my 2gb flash drive formatted to fat 32 and I can see "USB storage device" and the free space showing 882 MB free.

• Like 1

The dasboard 2.0.17502 detects non-xbox-formatted hard drives as just regular hard drives where you see how much free space there is but obviously no game data such as DLC, saves etc. I tried it with my 2gb flash drive formatted to fat 32 and I can see "USB storage device" and the free space showing 882 MB free.

dash 17349 is what brought the USB capabilities up a notch.. any fat32 drive (2tb and under) will show up on 360, there is no more fatx requirement or w.e.. is just a content folder on the drive now.. 

now, to specify your question, one has to assume you mean USB connection, and not the internal HDD correct? 

• Like 1

I had found a solution to my problem. I pressed 'format' then the xbox formatted the whole hard drive. I then used a partition software to clean up by leaving the first partition FAT32 then the rest as ntfs. I also saw a partition labeled with "other" as its type and I didn't touch that. It was 16 GB i think. Of course, backing up was needed, since a lot of my important files were there. And I just restored them into the ntfs partition. Now the xbox just reads the fat32 partition (359gb) from my 1TB hard drive.

I had found a solution to my problem. I pressed 'format' then the xbox formatted the whole hard drive. I then used a partition software to clean up by leaving the first partition FAT32 then the rest as ntfs. I also saw a partition labeled with "other" as its type and I didn't touch that. It was 16 GB i think. Of course, backing up was needed, since a lot of my important files were there. And I just restored them into the ntfs partition. Now the xbox just reads the fat32 partition (359gb) from my 1TB hard drive.

well, if this was what you were asking for, there are plenty of threads that specify that the fat32 has to be 1st partition.. but that spare partition could be the "system drive" info (which is only required if you dont have internal) .. i dunno since you didnt specify which options you chose to format.. but yeah, only soooo much someone can do with the little bit of info you supply..

• Like 1

I see. Sorry. May I know what info I should have given? So maybe I could help someone else who has the same problem next time.

I see. Sorry. May I know what info I should have given? So maybe I could help someone else who has the same problem next time.

Info like, trying to use usb or internal, what you would like to happen, ect.. just more detail about what you would like to accomplish..
  • Like 1