RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Taranis

Any simple way to check if TUs are working?

Hi,

I've updated today kernel, DashLaunch, avatars and switched to Aurora from FSD. It's my first time when I've downloaded anything via RGH console (directly).

(noob) question: is there any way to check that title update is working?

I've downloaded latest TUs for my games and activated some of them. I thought in GTA IV/V will be some version indicator, but I didn't see it.

BTW, my Trinity reaches 75-81 degrees easily (never above), so from that reason I've set DashLaunch to 70/70/70 (IMHO the best values). Based on your experience, are there any disadvantages of setting such target temps? I've heard some stories about faster fan wearing.

Thank you and sorry if I choose wrong category!

I've downloaded latest TUs for my games and activated some of them. I thought in GTA IV/V will be some version indicator, but I didn't see it.

If the game has system link function then you can see in system link tab whether your TU is working or not...

If the TU is working you will see some changes from that you know it is working..

You can check in NXE if the title update appear as corrupt or not...there will be '!' Sign appearing next to your title update...

What do you mean by 'GTAIV/V will be some version indicator'...i did not understand it...

Some title updates in some games may change something in online gaming so you may not be able to see in offline modes...for example in black ops 2...

Amd about the target tempratures i dont know much about it then someone else may help you..

Obviously, any changes to the temperature settings will extend or shorten the lifespan of the fan depending on which direction you go, the faster it spins, the faster it runs out... quite logical isn't it?

The difference when making small changes isn't huge, however setting the fan speed to be maxed at all times IS bad since the console don't need maxed out cooling at startup and when it's not under heavy load (the more the cpu/gpu is doing, the hotter it gets - which is when it needs to increase the speed of the fan)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Hi,

I've updated today kernel, DashLaunch, avatars and switched to Aurora from FSD. It's my first time when I've downloaded anything via RGH console (directly).

BTW, my Trinity reaches 75-81 degrees easily (never above), so from that reason I've set DashLaunch to 70/70/70 (IMHO the best values). Based on your experience, are there any disadvantages of setting such target temps? I've heard some stories about faster fan wearing.

Thank you and sorry if I choose wrong category!

EASIEST WAY:

1. Enable Freestyle plugin

2. load up game

3. press guide, and look in lower right corner ;-)

• Like 2