RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Atifkazia

Internet speed in xbox?

Is there anyway to check how much internet speed the xbox is receiving/getting within the xbox?...any plugin or anything?

Not on the Xbox himself (except Aurora & FSD in coming Speed). Check out your Router, whether he shows you the traffic and Speed (in and out coming) of the connected devices.

The xbox interface is 10/100 Mbps, and remember the ISP internet speed must be divided by 12 for example if you have a internet connection of 25mbps divide by 12 to get the real download speed so 25 * 1024 (to get kbps) / 12 = 2133 kbps real download/upload speed. Some times the upload speed is less than the internet connection contracted but depends of your country and the terms of the contract with your ISP.

The xbox interface is 10/100 Mbps, and remember the ISP internet speed must be divided by 12 for example if you have a internet connection of 25mbps divide by 12 to get the real download speed so 25 * 1024 (to get kbps) / 12 = 2133 kbps real download/upload speed. Some times the upload speed is less than the internet connection contracted but depends of your country and the terms of the contract with your ISP.

i was also wondering about the real internet speed... i was just gonna ask about it but you answered it before me... :)

looks like im getting more than 12 parts...my connection in 10mb download i get like atleast 1 mb to 1.2 mb when downloading for mega for example..

i was also wondering about the real internet speed... i was just gonna ask about it but you answered it before me... :)

looks like im getting more than 12 parts...my connection in 10mb download i get like atleast 1 mb to 1.2 mb when downloading for mega for example..

What your ISP says is 10MBit/s, what your browser reports is 1-1.2 MByte/s, there's 8 bits for every byte, there's 1024 bytes for every kilobyte and 1024 kilobyte for every megabyte so... it's (1 * 1024 * 1024 * 8) / 1024 / 1024 Mbit/s you're getting which means you're getting about 8 - 9.6 MBit/s of your 10MBit/s you pay for

What your ISP says is 10MBit/s, what your browser reports is 1-1.2 MByte/s, there's 8 bits for every byte, there's 1024 bytes for every kilobyte and 1024 kilobyte for every megabyte so... it's (1 * 1024 * 1024 * 8) / 1024 / 1024 Mbit/s you're getting which means you're getting about 8 - 9.6 MBit/s of your 10MBit/s you pay for

Ohh now i understand the difference between bits and bytes..and according to your calculation seems like im getting what i pay for ...right?