RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
darknezz19

Corona 4GB XEBuild issues trying to build 17502 rgh2 image.

Hi everyone. I Have been trying to create a glitch 2 image from a corona 4gb that was on 18502 but so far cannot. The partial image was dumped with J-runner, then ecc created with it and flashed to get keys fine. Now I'm trying to make a glitch2 bin with these dumps and keys but Im having problems.

When I load the original dump it gives an error saying that it 'can't detect if big block or small block.' and asks me if I want to continue to which I click no. I plug in my cpu key and 1bl key, then enable advance mode and disable failsafe and check edit XEBuild command to change corona to corona4gb but the output then gives an error 'unable to decrypt Kv using specified key,' and also 'clean SMC binary found? you should use a hacked SMC binary for glitch images.'

This still gives me a 49mb image but when I flashed that the system would flash green on my crlite but then the led on the 360 would go red after 20-30 secs. 

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, thank you for your time.

Edited: added xebuild errors an realized i was using corona4gb instead of just corona4g. 

==================================
 Swizzy's xeBuild GUI version 2.098
 Log Started: Tuesday 4/5/2016 2:27:00 PM

*** Some console information ***
CB Version: 0
ERROR: Unable to decrypt KV using specified CPUKey!
This means the log will NOT contain information from your keyvault, it can be caused by etheir badkey or badblock/corrupt keyvault
Using xell-reloaded for Glitch hack
Including dashlaunch... Done!
Including custom dashlaunch settings (launch.ini)... Done!
Copying nand to data directory, this may take a while... Done!
Checking if SMC is Glitch or Retail...
Dumping current SMC... Done!
Checking SMC...
SMC is Glitch patched! it will be used the way it is...

Parameters sent to xeBuild:

-noenter -t glitch2 -c corona4g -d data -f 17502 -b DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA -p ... output.bin

Building nand using xeBuild (this may take a while):

---------------------------------------------------------------
     xeBuild v1.17.785
base path changed to C:\Users\One\Desktop\J-Runner v3 (5) Core Pack\xeBuild 1.17\files
---- { Image Build Mode } ----
building glitch2 image

done! fsroot found ok!

******* ERROR: clean SMC binary found? you should use a hacked SMC binary for glitch images.

output.bin image built, info:
Kernel    : 2.0.17502.0
Console   : Corona
NAND size : 48MiB MMC (system only)
Build     : Glitch (v2)
Xell      : power on console with console eject button
Serial    : ...
ConsoleId : ...
MoboSerial: ...
Mfg Date  : 12/08/2011
CPU Key   : ...
1BL Key   : DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA
DVD Key   : ...
CF LDV    : 14
KV type   : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available)
    xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

Moving output to your destination directory... Done!
Cleaning data and temporary directories... Done!

****** The app has now finished! ******

• Like 1

That doesnt look like a bad image to me, sometimes freeboot takes longer to glitch than xell. I would leave it on for a while, and see if it boots. My Jasper with RGH2 could take up to 13-30 glitch cycles before it would boot. After I switched to R-Jtag, it will always boot in a maximum of 5 glitches. 

Have you tried opening the image in j-runner with the cpu key, and seeing if the KV is decrypted propperly? If the keyvault is corrupt it could cause issues also. I only say this because the log above says it cant decrypt it.

******* ERROR: clean SMC binary found? you should use a hacked SMC binary for glitch images.

See this message? that's why it stops trying to glitch, you forgot to add "-o patchsmc" to the commandline as mentioned in the tutorials

See this message? that's why it stops trying to glitch, you forgot to add "-o patchsmc" to the commandline as mentioned in the tutorials

Good Catch. lol. I totally missed that.

I made a mistake and was in a rush. Will try it again tomorrow with the proper commands.

You shouldn't rush these things, that's when you do stupid things like erase the nand before dumping or such stupid crap that gives you a major headache unless you know how to make it work again on your own

Good Day Swizzy,
1st off I want to start to say thank you to you and your team for supporting a huge community in need :)
I have a quick question thou, I see the comment that you made here:

As this is my 1st time trying to update my dash version (Hopefully not bricking it) , I have not seen this command in any guides that I have read, I have also gotten the same error message like the OP, but with this command it is not happening anymore, I have read your guide in detail (unless if I am blind) I don't see this part in your guide, maybe worthwhile to update if it is not there :)
This is the link I used to read your guide: http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144.0
Can you also please advise, my NAND was dumped and patched the 1st time via J-Runner, would it matter if I update it now via exBuild?
This is my log after the command line addition, I have not written the NAND as yet to test, as I really don't want to brick it :)
My Log:
Swizzy's xeBuild GUI version 2.098
Log Started: Monday 2016/10/03 11:32:45 AM

*** Some console information ***
CB Version: 0
ERROR: Unable to decrypt KV using specified CPUKey!
This means the log will NOT contain information from your keyvault, it can be caused by etheir badkey or badblock/corrupt keyvault
Using xell-reloaded for Glitch hack
Including dashlaunch... Done!
Including custom dashlaunch settings (launch.ini)... Done!
Copying nand to data directory, this may take a while... Done!
Checking if SMC is Glitch or Retail...
Dumping current SMC... Done!
Checking SMC...
SMC is Glitch patched! it will be used the way it is...
Disabling FCRT.bin check...

Parameters sent to xeBuild:

-noenter -t glitch2 -c corona4g -d data -f 17502 -b ... -p ... -a nofcrt output.bin -o patchsmc

Building nand using xeBuild (this may take a while):

xeBuild v1.17.785
base path changed to C:\Users\....\Downloads\xeBuild_GUI_2.098\files
---- { Image Build Mode } ----
building glitch2 image

done! fsroot found ok!
output.bin image built, info:
Kernel : 2.0.17502.0
Console : Corona
NAND size : 48MiB MMC (system only)
Build : Glitch (v2)
Xell : power on console with console eject button
Serial :
ConsoleId :
MoboSerial:
Mfg Date : 07/03/2014
CPU Key :
1BL Key :
DVD Key :
CF LDV : 4
KV type : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available)
xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.
Thank You!

** UPDATE: I see on your printscreen, the command is by default there, as of the new version v2.089, it have been excluded and your guide only shows the 4g part highlighted :)

**This is the current default setting now "-noenter -t glitch2 -c corona -d data -f 17502 -b D................................................A -p 1.......................................F9  -a nofcrt  output.bin"

There should be no problems with going from a jrunner built nand and an xeBuild GUI one, under the hood both use xeBuild, J-Runner does some post-processing tho (i think atleast it used to do so...) but, it should be fine as-is...

However, in your post above you put the option after the output filename, which is actually wrong, it'll mess up the commandline, i'm surprised xeBuild didn't complain...

Regarding the missing -o patchsmc i'll fix that after work, it's in the screenshot, but i should mention it...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Great, thank you for the clarity.

I just thought I would share my findings :)

I will rebuilt the image again in the right command sequence.

Any reason why this was removed with the new xeBuild version? :)

Great, thank you for the clarity.

I just thought I would share my findings :)

I will rebuilt the image again in the right command sequence.

Any reason why this was removed with the new xeBuild version? :)

What do you mean removed?

The source for that screenshot was probably a 16mb corona, or possibly another supported motherboard which makes it add that flag

Sent from my SM-G903F

Ah, now that makes sense :)

I am a total NOOB when it come to these things, but I try to read up a lot before asking dumb questions, I assumed that all command lines was set for all models.

Is this normal thou?

"ERROR: Unable to decrypt KV using specified CPUKey!" - I can open the KV in J-runner thou.

Another question, can you jump dash versions so lets say I don't do this update but do the next one released (As this one is only related to Live), will that have any impact or do you need to update every version? :) - "I know this is total NOOB question" - My commonsense says that it will not be a problem, just want to confirm :)

Thank You

Ah, now that makes sense :)

I am a total NOOB when it come to these things, but I try to read up a lot before asking dumb questions, I assumed that all command lines was set for all models.

Is this normal thou?

"ERROR: Unable to decrypt KV using specified CPUKey!" - I can open the KV in J-runner thou.

Another question, can you jump dash versions so lets say I don't do this update but do the next one released (As this one is only related to Live), will that have any impact or do you need to update every version? :) - "I know this is total NOOB question" - My commonsense says that it will not be a problem, just want to confirm :)

Thank You

It's perfectly normal as xeBuild GUI does NOT support mmc dumps, i never did re-write it to work with those dumps... xeBuild will read the important data tho :)

It's fine to go from any version to any version, you can both up and downgrade, you are after all generating a whole new image that overwrites everything in the nand :)

Sent from my SM-G903F