RealModScene
raekan

What is the plan to get 10.000 + players on LiNK?

I'm not ungreatful or anything but... Why does not more players play on LiNK servers? It's lots of games that you can play and only like 400+ players online and 95% of people play COD BO2 and 75% of them is cheaters? where the fun of that? There must be more than 400+ JTAG/RGH consoles out there? 

If it wern't for all those hackers that cheat at games it would be more players in LiNK i think? At least i don't think it's very funny when i would like to play a game (COD BO2 is like the only game available) and when I host my own game cheaters come around and destroys all the fun of the games. That makes me whana leave LiNK service and if not mayb we would have 10.000+ players today?

I think it's great a service like LiNK was provided, but it's such a shame that so many destroys the games with cheats and unbalance among the games (95% COD BO 2 Players) 

• Like 2

I'm not ungreatful or anything but... Why does not more players play on LiNK servers? It's lots of games that you can play and only like 400+ players online and 95% of people play COD BO2 and 75% of them is cheaters? where the fun of that? There must be more than 400+ JTAG/RGH consoles out there? 

If it wern't for all those hackers that cheat at games it would be more players in LiNK i think? At least i don't think it's very funny when i would like to play a game (COD BO2 is like the only game available) and when I host my own game cheaters come around and destroys all the fun of the games. That makes me whana leave LiNK service and if not mayb we would have 10.000+ players today?

I think it's great a service like LiNK was provided, but it's such a shame that so many destroys the games with cheats and unbalance among the games (95% COD BO 2 Players) 

Now you have a glimpse into why Micro$oft fights against hackers and bans so many players. They ruined Live games and probably cut into their profit margin. I think that's also part of why they will eventually shut down Live for 360 and start the new service for Xbox One (like they did with OG Xbox -> Xbox 360).

Welcome to the real world, hackers gonna hack :geek: cheaters gonna cheat.

Best way to avoid them is to play in password restricted rooms so you can better control it. They even have a whole section here for meeting other players, which i'm surprised is totally underutilized... Matchmaking.

However, I have fond memories of playing COD Zombies with some friends till the buttcrack of dawn, seeing what level we could get to with trainers enabled... I think we reached level 40 or 50... Swarm!!! lolz. But even that was a private room, so as not to ruin it for others.

• Like 2

Majority wouldn't know bout link let alone modding a console.Just because your part of a scene doesn't mean everyone else is or even interested.You want to talk cheaters try playing halo 2 on pc..lol..played it over the weekend,took me 15mins to get my first kill when i entered a free for all in mode "slayer",however observing how i was being butt kicked (no comms sadly they don't work,somth'n bout ms breaking them with an update)  meant i had to learn how they were killing me & with what weapon/s.I don't know if there were actually any cheaters but it seemed there were a few that could kill with one shot with a sniper rifle while they & you are moving wtf,i swear they had some hack that had lockon or heat seeking..lol..

halo game was played on free servers,the game itself is buggy as

• Like 2

There's lot's of people that can one shot a moving target with a sniper rifle at a pretty long distance, it's not uncommon without hacks... basically, people play these games ALOT and learn the game mechanics so well that they can do it easily...

Cheating on PC isn't nearly as common as on Xbox 360 these days, especially not for the older games (Halo 2 is getting kinda old now)

if you are from europe or somewhere near europe i can share the password we use for our the private room.

in my oppinion even more anoying than cheaters are people with shit connection teleporting all the time or people that dont know how to configure their router correctly. 90% of all italian players lag just because they dont take 1h of their time and google how to configure their router and use qos...

1 thing that we can do to get more players is i noticed that there are loads of players on bo2 with TU0. so they play the same game, but since they dont use TU18 we cant play with them. my plan was to wait until nova gets released and use the messaging system to write to all of them (i think there are around 50) how to update to latest tu.

otherwise prive rooms work really well, the only problem is that when new people come to link they dont know our pass. it would be great if there would be an option when you make a private room to select which regions u allow. so for example i make a room without a pass and just select EU region and only people from eu would be able to join. but the problem is people could fake their region :(. maybe we could make it so that you have to configure in aurora from which region u are and you would be able to change it only 1x per 7 days so that for example someone from brazil wants to fake their region and joins an EU room we would just block him and then he wouldent be able to join eu rooms and he also wouldent be able to join SA rooms for 7 days since he selected he is from EU. but than again they coud probably just delete aurora and set it up again..... :((((((

There's lot's of people that can one shot a moving target with a sniper rifle at a pretty long distance, it's not uncommon without hacks... basically, people play these games ALOT and learn the game mechanics so well that they can do it easily...

Cheating on PC isn't nearly as common as on Xbox 360 these days, especially not for the older games (Halo 2 is getting kinda old now)

I do know on the og xbox, that you could hack halo 2 and make the sniper rifle bullets go through walls, or auto target opponants. I know, because I did it to mess with some friends back in the day. lol. You can also set it up by class, where it is only the spartan, or the elite that can use this hack. I would assume this process would be about the same on the pc.

I do know on the og xbox, that you could hack halo 2 and make the sniper rifle bullets go through walls, or auto target opponants. I know, because I did it to mess with some friends back in the day. lol. You can also set it up by class, where it is only the spartan, or the elite that can use this hack. I would assume this process would be about the same on the pc.

Yeah got shot a few times through walls & once by a projectile that appeared to go round a corner & got me,i'd seen the player in front a number of feet & fire the weapon,the projectile had a trail so i moved down an alleyway (there is now a wall between that player & myself) a few feet & the dam thing followed & appeared to turn around the corner as tho it had some sort of lockon

Yeah got shot a few times through walls & once by a projectile that appeared to go round a corner & got me,i'd seen the player in front a number of feet & fire the weapon,the projectile had a trail so i moved down an alleyway (there is now a wall between that player & myself) a few feet & the dam thing followed & appeared to turn around the corner as tho it had some sort of lockon

Haha, reminds me of a 1984 Tom Selleck movie called Runaway where they shoot smart bullets... Yeah, thats Gene Simmons from Kiss firing the gun.

Make it more popular .. most people simply don´t know that they can play Online for free with an RGH console :D !

The main mistake is that the people only have follwoing sentence in their head : don´t go online or do updates !

I do my best to bring as much palyers to play Online as i can but its hard to reach the people.

There for i asked for an Advertising system , Competitions inside Aurora via RSS Feed. (or pop up an banner with infos ?)

And also for FSD users to let the people know that they can play online on their RGH with a few easy steps in ur config.

I have crated a german youtube tutorial and for other languages there are enough tutorials on youtube and the forums.

But when people don´t know what they can do they won´t come online.

• Like 1

Make it more popular .. most people simply don´t know that they can play Online for free with an RGH console :D !

The main mistake is that the people only have follwoing sentence in their head : don´t go online or do updates !

I do my best to bring as much palyers to play Online as i can but its hard to reach the people.

There for i asked for an Advertising system , Competitions inside Aurora via RSS Feed. (or pop up an banner with infos ?)

And also for FSD users to let the people know that they can play online on their RGH with a few easy steps in ur config.

I have crated a german youtube tutorial and for other languages there are enough tutorials on youtube and the forums.

But when people don´t know what they can do they won´t come online.

If people don't have internet to their consoles, the rss feed won't make a difference... because... none of the people it's for reads it...

If people don't have internet to their consoles, the rss feed won't make a difference... because... none of the people it's for reads it...

Ähm damn xD yeah thats a problem ...... but for those who have internet connected but do not use Link / Unityit it would be useful.

They're not likely to see it without actually seeing "link" first

Sent from my SM-G903F

Automated/ forced title update scanning ?

It could increase the amount of people?

I would not be opposed to automatic title updates as opposed to manual download.

I would not mind if it somehow automatically pulled updates from my console either opposed to manually uploading them to unity.

Not a particularly good idea when it comes to the server, as it's not Xbox Live level of server(s), we've got 1, not 100+ and the one we've got isn't the latest & greatest hardware released yesterday...

If you want the TU's downloaded, you'll have to do so manually, in regards to automatic uploads... that was a feature on FSD, but i don't think it quite worked out (it's no longer working either way)

Ok p2p sharing maybe? One thing to be able to set up account on the console its self may make it easier for users to sign up and use.

you could use the cpu key as a sign in setup credentials?

Just give me those hackers when i host a "Stoyan K" room and see how fast they were kicked out ; )  ( this time i spectate them more to be really sure they are, because for example,  I kicked DragonLuky by mistake, who is in no way a hacker, but instead one of the best players I met ). Actually most of them already know me and didn't join the room. Bad thing is that most of the time, people just join the rooms with most people in it.

Bad thing is that most of the time, people just join the rooms with most people in it.

LOL. I would think that makes the most sense. Just saying, if you just want to play with random people, you have a better chance of getting in on a game if there are more people you can connect to. ;)

• Like 1

LOL. I would think that makes the most sense. Just saying, if you just want to play with random people, you have a better chance of getting in on a game if there are more people you can connect to. ;)

Haha, true , but I said it in a special way. ;)  For example :

- I am hosting in full public room, then i saw a hacker, ofcourse I end the game and make my own room, BUT how many people will understand why i end the game and how many people will search and join in my own room.. Most of them just contiunue to play with the hackers. That's why in most of these situations i just join another Public room with some people in it, until another hacher join. So this is my tactic. Best is when there are small amount of people in only one Public room, then when i make my own room, people go in. :)

Hmm i have not enough experience with Console Multiplayer but how is the problem with "Lagg Hackers" ? (People who have a good ping but lagging and are not hitable  because they have limited their upload rate or people with high ping and also not hitable because of this )

Youre talking about real hackers ? With aimbot etc. ?

Hmm i have not enough experience with Console Multiplayer but how is the problem with "Lagg Hackers" ? (People who have a good ping but lagging and are not hitable  because they have limited their upload rate or people with high ping and also not hitable because of this )

Youre talking about real hackers ? With aimbot etc. ?

Actually lag hackers are rare in Link, but I still do the same as the other type of hackers - ending game and going to another room ( best in my own room, where i can kick anyone ).

Another thing is that there are only Players for Call of Duty games its hard to see ......  xD

Another thing is that there are only Players for Call of Duty games its hard to see ......  xD

Only is the wrong word, there's MOSTLY COD players... but there are people playing other games on LiNK aswell...

Total Users: 184874 Online Players: 147

Those 184K Users are the all time registered ?

Where are all those ppl :D ???? LOST ?

• Like 1

They probably moved on to next consoles..as there were no new games coming.. So the probably got bored..

Tbh i would also have moved on to next gen only if i havent rghed my console..but i still enjoy pkaying on it especially on LiNK..

They might be people that tried it, didn't like it... or... just those interested in covers and such... thinking they need an account to download covers etc.

Sent from my SM-G903F