RealModScene
Skyhi

XBMC for Xbox 360

Hello all,

Just joined this site to get some pointers on the possibility of using Libxenon in an XBMC port for Xbox 360 that I've been playing with.

I've started posts over at XBMC4XBOX.org and LibXenon.org listing some of the progress I've had so far but I'm still a beginner in C programming and any help would be appreciated!

I'm doing this purely for fun and learning and have always enjoyed what the community has been able to bring to these consoles - mostly through reverse engineering and sharing information.

Anyway here are a couple of pics and links to share:

post-72835-0-65589400-1453567080_thumb.pngpost-72835-0-02458600-1453567102_thumb.pngpost-72835-0-86616600-1453567120_thumb.png

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4469

http://libxenon.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=451

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer!

Best regards,

Will

• Like 10

All hail Aurora!  That being said, I would LOVE to see XBMC working on a 360, even if it was in Libxenon. And even if it wasn't able to launch 360 titles, just having it as a media player that could organize my movies and music in a nice user friendly gui would be pretty awesome. (Album art and movie posters? Yes please!) Press power for games, press eject for movies!

• Like 8

Major kudos to you sir! I admire your efforts and encourage you to continue as best you can.

I wish I could offer you pointers or advice, but I only know intermediate level Java programming... Lately though, little projects like this have made me wish I knew C!

I also agree with moses_373-- Aurora and XBMC together on my 360 would be heavenly. Content scraping FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

PT-BR

A GPU está sendo usada ? ou toda a carga vai para a CPU ?

EN-US

The GPU is being used or will all work to the CPU ?

• Like 1

Right now CPU only but I am hoping to see if we can get GPU decoding happening.

• Like 4

@ Swizzy, that GIF support would come in handy now! ^_^  Dude Skyhi, YOU ROCK BRO!!!

If a Kodi Isengard (Or even Helix) build could be ported over that would be so freaking awesome!!!

• Like 1

@ Swizzy, that GIF support would come in handy now! ^_^  Dude Skyhi, YOU ROCK BRO!!!

If a Kodi Isengard (Or even Helix) build could be ported over that would be so freaking awesome!!!

This is Linux/Libxenon, Aurora is XDK

lol kinda jumping the gun a bit unless he winds up totally successful and converts it to XDK. That would be even cooler!

EDIT

you know, if he's successful at this project of his and does do a XDK conversion, a whole lot of video and audio codec support will become available for everyone. ^_^

• Like 3

Right now CPU only but I am hoping to see if we can get GPU decoding happening.

Com a decodificação acontecendo na GPU o processador poderá ser melhor utilizado.

With the decoding happening in GPU the processor can be better used.

• Like 1

you know, if he's successful at this project of his and does do a XDK conversion, a whole lot of video and audio codec support will become available for everyone. ^_^

I dont doubt it, but I dont know how well it would work with the xdk, as you are locked down to Microsoft's API. It would be cool to see a port to xdk though, especially if the developer got together with team phoenix and was allowed to add things like connectX, and Nova/Freestyle Plugin for Link, and other features included in aurora/fsd that wouldnt be possible without the assistance of team phoenix. 

• Like 1

Might bite the bullet and start playing with the xdk - just gotta get my hands on it and find a good tutorial on setting it up.:-)

Might bite the bullet and start playing with the xdk - just gotta get my hands on it and find a good tutorial on setting it up.:-)

You need vs 2010, express won't work...

After that, it's just install and use like any other addon framework for vs...

vs means visual studio btw

Sent from my SM-G903F

Got full vs2010 already! Thanks Swizzy - I'll keep you posted on how things go once I get an xdk working.

Got full vs2010 already! Thanks Swizzy - I'll keep you posted on how things go once I get an xdk working.

Keep in mind, for retail consoles not running rgloader you need to use the release target when compiling, debug don't work

Sent from my SM-G903F

Do I need a dev kernel or as long as I've got rgh I'm good to go?

You need a dev kernel to run debug builds and to actually debug it...

You can use a retail kernel to debug it aswell if you want to using UART (i did that when i was making Simple 360 Nand Flasher...

You can use RGLoader on a rgh system to get a dev kernel tho...

Sent from my SM-G903F

OK so I managed to compile xbmc 9.04 in Linux on the Xbox 360 - it wasn't easy as there were lots of errors and code that did not want to compile but I got it working.

I chose this build because there is a 9.04 Xbox build that has code for the mplayer and d3d code for the xboxrender.

Along with the routines I got from the xdk I going to try and port these to the Linux build.

I like developing on the console itself - makes it real easy to troubleshoot and test out code.

Oh - had to rework my rgh console - glitching was sporadic and couldn't get it to boot anymore.

Seems nice and stable now :-)

• Like 4

Great job Skyhi! Keep up the Good Work.

OK so I managed to compile xbmc 9.04 in Linux on the Xbox 360 - it wasn't easy as there were lots of errors and code that did not want to compile but I got it working.

I chose this build because there is a 9.04 Xbox build that has code for the mplayer and d3d code for the xboxrender.

Along with the routines I got from the xdk I going to try and port these to the Linux build.

I like developing on the console itself - makes it real easy to troubleshoot and test out code.

Oh - had to rework my rgh console - glitching was sporadic and couldn't get it to boot anymore.

Seems nice and stable now :-)

So is there a build of this available to test as of now? Or are you still working out the bugs before the release?

This thread just reminded me that  I still need to find a slim final devkit psu...... I need to get off my ass and do that bios switch mod on that xdk beta kit that I've been working on too.....  =P

I wish I new more about development So I could use mine as a dev kit but i don't.Thank God there are people like yourself Skyhi that are willing to work on these projects. I so look forward to the day you release the source or beta so I can run XBMC or Kodi on the linux or XDK side on my Xbox 360!

Sorry for no updates in a while - now that I've had some time to play with the SDK I see that this will really take some time to port this to a native build for Xbox 360.

An easier way to get xbmc running might be to create an openGL to D3D wrapper for the Xbox 360 version of directX.

The Gotham build of XBMC is fully functioning in Ubuntu on Xbox 360 - it is just so slow because one core seems to be loaded at max all the time that I'm guessing is related to the software rendering.

Something like this but pulling in the Xbox 360 sdk directX stuff:

https://gl2dx.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#gl2dx/gl.h

Still a little above my abilities at the moment but just a thought.

• Like 3

If you lived closer I'd loan out my devkit to you for sure. I'm doing nothing with it since I replaced the 213watt psu.

Still been on hiatus with my own XDK Beta prototype restoration project with the classic xbox........  I'll eventually get around to it when my cars suspension is fully addressed...  =\

It seems to me like your project is taking a step for the better, although a more difficult step, its progress nevertheless.

Keep up the great work man!!!!!!

• Like 1

Something like this but pulling in the Xbox 360 sdk directX stuff:

https://gl2dx.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#gl2dx/gl.h

Still a little above my abilities at the moment but just a thought.

A port of that would open up a lot of options for the xbox, not just xbmc, but native 360 emulation ports, other emulators that require opengl, hombrew games that are written for opengl, etc.

• Like 2