RealModScene
Csabinho

How does the "screenshot combo" feature work?

Hi,

I'm using Aurora 0.5b and I tried several things to take a screenshot with the combo feature. Different combinations, holding activator and pressing trigger and vice versa but I couldn't take a single screenshot with this feature!

Via the webinterface it works, but these are two different features. Aren't they?

Any help would be appreciated!

The software is otherwise really awesome! Thanks for that! :)

Cheers 

It's supposed to be Hold Activator and press Trigger i believe there is also a Enable/Disable toggle, make sure it's enabled

Where are the screenshots saved that are taken via this feature? Maybe I just don't get a notification and don't find the screenshots!

Thanks a lot for this quick answer! :)

Where are the screenshots saved that are taken via this feature? Maybe I just don't get a notification and don't find the screenshots!

Thanks a lot for this quick answer! :)

HDD:/Aurora/Plugins/UserData/<titleID>/Screenshots/<some long meta number>.bmp

titleID being whatever game/homebrew you had active when you took the screeny

HDD:/Aurora/Plugins/UserData/<titleID>/Screenshots/<some long meta number>.bmp

titleID being whatever game/homebrew you had active when you took the screeny

Isn't that just the folder for the screenies taken via the webinterface?

But anyways: if this is the right folder, it doesn't work for sure!

Web interface or not, it's still using the freestyle plugin afaik.

Works fine here, maybe something wrong with your Aurora install or controller.

I wouldn't know about the web interface though, mine doesn't connect in Aurora.

Edit: are you launching Aurora from FSD, if so it's using the wrong plugin.

Yes, it's the same folder, and they're stored in the same location

Did you make sure the feature is enabled?

Web interface or not, it's still using the freestyle plugin afaik.

Works fine here, maybe something wrong with your Aurora install or controller.

I wouldn't know about the web interface though, mine doesn't connect in Aurora.

Edit: are you launching Aurora from FSD, if so it's using the wrong plugin.

I tried several button combinations, so if my controller is messed up, it's severely messed up! But I didn't realise anything except for this problem.

I'm launching Aurora via Autostart that I configured via Dashlaunch 3.16!

Again, are you booting to FSD, then launching Aurora? This causes Aurora to use a different plugin that may not be configured at all for taking a screenshot.

Edit: never mind. Did you do as Swizzy suggested and make sure it's enabled, not just setting the combo but ticking the enabled box. Also is the freestyle plugin loaded?

Did you try "Back" then "Start" or viceversa? In Aurora settings you can setup "activator" and "trigger"

Trimis de pe al meu D2303 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks for all your help! :)

Again, are you booting to FSD, then launching Aurora? This causes Aurora to use a different plugin that may not be configured at all for taking a screenshot.

Edit: never mind. Did you do as Swizzy suggested and make sure it's enabled, not just setting the combo but ticking the enabled box. Also is the freestyle plugin loaded?

No, i'm automatically starting Aurora and of course it's activated!

Did you try "Back" then "Start" or viceversa? In Aurora settings you can setup "activator" and "trigger"

Trimis de pe al meu D2303 folosind Tapatalk

I tried it and it doesn't work at all...

The way it's acting is like the plugin isn't loaded. That's why I asked if the freestyle plugin was loaded or FSD was launched first. You can check if plugin is loaded by simply pressing back at the main screen, loaded modules show on the left.

The way it's acting is like the plugin isn't loaded. That's why I asked if the freestyle plugin was loaded or FSD was launched first. You can check if plugin is loaded by simply pressing back at the main screen, loaded modules show on the left.

It shows:

Dashlauch

FTP Server

Freestyle Plugin

Ok, well that's a stumper then. Maybe try putting a fresh install of Aurora on. You can keep your original, but just to test, put another installation somewhere else, then point DL to it. That would tell you if Aurora is the issue.

Ok, well that's a stumper then. Maybe try putting a fresh install of Aurora on. You can keep your original, but just to test, put another installation somewhere else, then point DL to it. That would tell you if Aurora is the issue.

Which plugin should show up there? 

Just to know it for my fresh installation!

It's the freestyle plugin, it's included in the Aurora package though. Should be good to go with a new install. Just point DL and reboot, then check the screenshot settings and try it.

It's the freestyle plugin, it's included in the Aurora package though. Should be good to go with a new install. Just point DL and reboot, then check the screenshot settings and try it.

hm?

The Freestyle Plugin is activated in my Settings as well and it also shows up and I also posted it in the list of plugins that are activated. Or should I deactivate it?

Yes, that's why I recommended a fresh install, to check if something is wrong with your current install. Should only take a few minutes to check it with a fresh install.

Yes, that's why I recommended a fresh install, to check if something is wrong with your current install. Should only take a few minutes to check it with a fresh install.

I just need a new folder with Aurora and some Settings in Dashlauch, right?

I'm really curious, if it will change anything!

Yes, me too. Just download Aurora again. Rename the root folder so it's different than your original and stick it right next to it in the root. Open DL and point the default launch at the new folder

haha, I've got no idea why, but your idea worked!

Thanks a lot! :)

I'm gonna use the new version of aurora instead of the old, as I don't know how to fix it properly! :) 

• Like 1

haha, I've got no idea why, but your idea worked!

Thanks a lot! :)

I'm gonna use the new version of aurora instead of the old, as I don't know how to fix it properly! :)

Yeah, idk why either. Maybe something just not working right in the settings.db. Could also be the freestyle plugin itself. Glad you got it though.

edit: you could always check your settings.db (found at Aurora/Data/Databases/settings.db) with a sqlite browser and look for

• PluginScreenCapture = 0 or 1 (1 being enabled), and also
  • PluginScreenCaptureActivator = 16 (for start) and
  • PluginScreenCaptureTrigger = 32 (for back).

If those are ok, then it might be just the FS plugin itself, you could just copy/paste the one from your new install over your old one then reboot (making sure to change DL back first). It's located at Aurora/Plugins/FreestylePlugin.xex. Might save some time redoing all your cover, TU's etc.

I'm inclined to think the issue would be in the settings.db though, since you said it worked through the web interface

The web interface actually uses the plugin's screenshot combo to take screenshots.  The web interface is also how you can browse your screenshots that you've taken using the screenshot combo.   You could download those images from your web browser at that point.