RealModScene
Chris Riggs

Xell not reading updflash.bin

connect a ethernet cable and connect to XeLL's web interface and download the log once it's finished booting, pastebin that and i'll try to help you figure out what the problem is, kinda hard to see anything on that video

Your USB has to be FAT32 to work, and depending on your NAND you might not get updflash.bin flashing either... (if you have a MMC corona it's disabled and will thus never find anything) often times people also rename the file to "updflash.bin.bin" because windows hides known extensions... check that aswell...

connect a ethernet cable and connect to XeLL's web interface and download the log once it's finished booting, pastebin that and i'll try to help you figure out what the problem is, kinda hard to see anything on that video

Your USB has to be FAT32 to work, and depending on your NAND you might not get updflash.bin flashing either... (if you have a MMC corona it's disabled and will thus never find anything) often times people also rename the file to "updflash.bin.bin" because windows hides known extensions... check that aswell...

Ok,  will you be here tomorrow?

I assume so since you're an admin :p

Yes, swizzy, and I are almost always here, though, I will admit swizzy is a more active poster than I am. lol. I just got tired of people not using the search feature. lol.

• Like 1

search internet  rawflash_v4.zip 

extract this to usb

rename updflash.bin to nandflash.bin and place it to the root of the usb.

and try flashing with the same method as you are trying.

search internet  rawflash_v4.zip 

extract this to usb

rename updflash.bin to nandflash.bin and place it to the root of the usb.

and try flashing with the same method as you are trying.

Won't make a difference if it cannot find the USB, or if it's a MMC corona

5 hours ago, ArpitGupta said:

what to do if its an mmc corona? can it be fixed through hardware stuff? and how do I know if it is mmc?

Is your xbox booting normal? The video is offline.. if it is booting normal.. try using swizzy's simple nand flasher app.. will work with mmc corona.. either way.. app will let you know what type of console ypu have as well

5 hours ago, felida said:

Is your xbox booting normal? The video is offline.. if it is booting normal.. try using swizzy's simple nand flasher app.. will work with mmc corona.. either way.. app will let you know what type of console ypu have as well

No it does not boot normal.

That is the problem. The installed nand is corrupt.

6 hours ago, ArpitGupta said:

No it does not boot normal.

That is the problem. The installed nand is corrupt.

Carefully read what the message says at the end of booting XeLL, if it says it's skipping updflash.bin it's because it's a MMC corona (it'll tell you something like that aswell)

If you have a 4GB console, or even if your dump is 48MB it's a MMC corona

It's 4gb and the nand is also 48mb but there is no message like skipping updflash.bin it just doesn't detect it .

13 hours ago, ArpitGupta said:

It's 4gb and the nand is also 48mb but there is no message like skipping updflash.bin it just doesn't detect it .

you will need a 4g r/w kit mate.. to fix the nand

13 hours ago, ArpitGupta said:

Actually, there is... you just fail to read it... the last line is where it should popup every couple of cycles

12 hours ago, felida said:

you will need a 4g r/w kit mate.. to fix the nand

or someone ports Swizzy's Nand Flasher to libxenon or updates (rawflash on) xell, wich apparently means somone has also to update xell drivers to handling with MMC

edit: nvm, didn't read properly, i guess

Porting to Xell isn't possible because Xell need a MMC Driver, for Hardware/writing access.

23 minutes ago, ArpitGupta said:

Where do I get that kit from?

practically anywhere.. lol

4 minutes ago, ArpitGupta said:

Is it available online?

did you try searching? lol.. you will not be spoon fed answers

20 hours ago, saywaking said:

or someone ports Swizzy's Nand Flasher to libxenon or updates (rawflash on) xell, wich apparently means somone has also to update xell drivers to handling with MMC

edit: nvm, didn't read properly, i guess

Feel free to figure out how to communicate with the MMC controller to write to it, we can only read with XeLL at this time, and that only really works when you do NOT boot from the kernel, this is done using a virtual address that the bootloaders setup which the kernel kills when it boots

The way i do read/write of the MMC with Simple 360 NAND Flasher is by opening a raw file handle and having the kernel do the under the hood communication...

@Swizzy

Mine says "MMC Console Detected, skipping sda0:\updflash.bin"

It's corona4g. I read somewhere that if you use a Memory Card Reader and put rawflash in it, XeLL would flash the nand, is that true? please help me since my console doesn't boot to the dashboard after a stupid official update I did.

As previously written, Xell can`t flash MMC 360s. It makes no difference whether, you use it in combination with some other Hardware.

• Thanks 1