RealModScene
gangrel_1313

Trying to record AVI to DVD Recorder Through XMplayer

suicide.gif LMAO, I can only read one language and its English..lol, I need to learn hex so I can understand it better. Some of the other bits are somewhat more readable to me, I use to dab in html and PHP, so it looks more readable to me in a sense that there are words that make sense and I can understand to a certain extent ..lol

Ok, rather than try and figure out the Libxenon code to get XMplayer or Xell to let me record it to DVD, I decided to troubleshoot the problem with the 360's media player, now I used 2 different programs Any Video Converter & my personal favorite video editor iSkysoft Video Editor and in both programs they have export presets for Xbox 360 which is supposed to convert the video to Xbox 360 compatible video settings (which I'll list below.) however both programs output a video that gives this error on the 360's dash.

Unplayable Content

Can't play this content because it contains

audio or video with an unsupported

codec. For more info go to

www.xbox.com/support.

Status code: 80-C00DF242

Now I already checked to see if the media update is present and it is.

The output of the iSkysoft program is:

iskysoft360.jpg

And the Any Video Converter settings is:

AVC360.jpg

Since I'm having problems playing both videos, I'm thinking its probably a problem with the media update on the 360

try outputting as WMV9 if possible, that should make it compatible without the media update :)

try outputting as WMV9 if possible, that should make it compatible without the media update :)

Man, this is driving me F'n crazy... I downloaded another program FreeMake and tried just about every stupid thing I could think of.. I exported video in 3 different programs that claim to save to xbox compatible video and none will play,

I haven't tried WMV9 yet (at least I don't think, but may have, I'll try it tho in case I didn't)

WMV8 gives a stupid 69-C00DF804 which doesn't bring jack up on the Error status codes part of Xbox website.. Nice of them to give you a code that they have no info on :/

I even formatted the HD on the xbox and then reformatted it in windows in Fat32 which someone elsewhere said fixed it for them, still didn't help me

Look into an app called Serviio. It is a DLNA server that will stream you movies/music/etc.... to the xbox, and will convert it to a format the xbox can read as it streams. This requires a computer with video files on it that is connected to the same network, and the latest of the optional media updates, which you can find on google. This is a little slower, as it has to convert, then stream, but it works better than just about any other option I have come across.

I'm having some luck with FFPlay, I can play regular video files, haven't tried to record yet, but I'm thinking it probably would since FFPlay is not ran from XELL. I have a question about FFPLAY though, can it play DVD files? I tried to open a extracted DVD in it and it will play the VOB files individually but wont run the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

laptop should be connected directly to the tv & bypass the rest
Laptop has a VGA port, but I'm not going into a long story about that, it didn't work, I tried that with something else a couple years ago, plain wont work with this ACER.

EDIT: I decided to try FFPlay and that turned out shit, I wasted 12 minutes of DVD space, it started getting jittery and since it wasn't updated since 2011, I can't use FFplay either... I'm running out of options.. It really pisses me off that the stupid Dash wont play the stupid videos.. I checked storage and it claims I have 3 optional media updates on the external HD:

"Optional iPod Support" that is 176KB

"Optional Media Update" that is 423KB

"Optional Media Update" that is 5MB

Those wouldn't have to be on the internal HD would they? Because I checked System Items on it and it didn't have the updates there, just on the external HD

Edited by gangrel_1313

Doesn't look as tho ffplay was made to play video_ts structured dvd's,it appears to play single files like vob,mkv etc at 720P

Doesn't look as tho ffplay was made to play video_ts structured dvd's,it appears to play single files like vob,mkv etc at 720P

yeah its not, but back to System Video Player compatibility, I'm trying to figure out, these should be compatible right? WMV

image.png

I love how you totally skipped my post, which told you the easiest way I know of to watch videos on the xbox. It is even in this thread, on this page. No conversion needed, it will do it all for you.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6485-trying-to-record-avi-to-dvd-recorder-through-xmplayer/page-2#entry55838

Didn't skip it, I'm trying it now, I can see Serviio through system video player and after clicking it shows the different folders... I added 2 videos in serviio and it shows them, but its still giving me the errors when selecting the video on the xbox. Enable transcoding is checked.. what am I not doing right?

EDIT: OMFG, after all this shit, it was missing the Avatar/Kinect update, that was apparently causing all these errors.. I updated my kernel to 17489 and deleted the old media updates, reinstalled them and updated with avatar and kinect update and it plays one of the video's, should play the other too, I'm hoping... wheeeeeww!!!!!!!!!!!! what a ordeal..lmfao

Edited by gangrel_1313
  • Like 1