RealModScene
gangrel_1313

Trying to record AVI to DVD Recorder Through XMplayer

I'm trying to play a AVI through my Xbox 360 using XMplayer, its working as far as that, But output is using A/V cables to Input on DVD recorder, its giving me a E 25 (copy protected) and wont record. Is there a way to bypass macrovision on the AVI file, so the video going to the DVD recorder will record?

I didn't even know they could have macrovision in anything other than VHS.. I googled XMplayer and macrovision but nothing helpful came up, I did find something involving libxenon and macrovision but didn't get into reading it much.

Matt

Why would you even want to do this? isn't it easier to just use a PC with PC software to burn the AVI to a DVD?

Why would you even want to do this? isn't it easier to just use a PC with PC software to burn the AVI to a DVD?

My VCR/DVD Player/Recorder burns DVD's better than my PC's drive does, I think there is a problem with my DVD burner in the laptop, that's the reason I don't use it..

Run it through handbrake first. Should remove anything in your way.

Thanks

My VCR/DVD Player/Recorder burns DVD's better than my PC's drive does, I think there is a problem with my DVD burner in the laptop, that's the reason I don't use it..

Yeah, laptop burners tend to be cheap piece of shit hardware just meant to be there, not meant to actually be used for anything in particular ;)

I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to do with Handbrake, just looks like a regular program like Any Video Converter which I have, I also have iskysoft video editor installed, I installed Handbrake but still unsure how to remove the macrovision with it.

Assuming it can which i doubt unless you have a mac with a matching version of vlc installed  32 or 64bit (unless using an older version),the only way to find out is try it.Plenty of tuts for handbrake on the net or in menu bar under "help".You will most probably need a preset to get it to output avi assuming it even can since it only outputs to mp4/mkv container

personally i'd most probably use dvdfab 8,it'll strip & re convert on the fly,any vid converter may do it

The simplest way to run handbrake, don't touch anything. Lolz, everything is set up off the get-go and all you have to do do is drag and drop your file onto the face of the gui, then press start. It will spit out a new file right alongside the original.

If you want, there are device specific profiles you can use for ATV, iPhone, Windows phone, etc. they should appear in a slide out drawer when you open the proggy. The only adjustment I'd recommend playing with is quality slider. A little goes a long way here, and the adjustment will affect the quality and finished file size. Default settings will usually shrink your file size though right off the bat. Keep in mind that the grainier your source, the bigger the finished file will be.

I use HB in conjunction with MakeMKV to rip BR disks and compress all in one swift session. HB should surpass the ease and quality of most programs out there.

Edit: DVDfab is a great proggy, I used to use it when Windows was my main OS, and yeah, HB will spit out MP4 unless you choose mkv. I thought they pulled the VLC trick a few years ago, so it might not strip protection anymore. If so just use DVDfab.

• Like 1

I'm trying to play a AVI through my Xbox 360 using XMplayer, its working as far as that, But output is using A/V cables to Input on DVD recorder, its giving me a E 25 (copy protected) and wont record. Is there a way to bypass macrovision on the AVI file, so the video going to the DVD recorder will record?

I didn't even know they could have macrovision in anything other than VHS.. I googled XMplayer and macrovision but nothing helpful came up, I did find something involving libxenon and macrovision but didn't get into reading it much.

Matt

http://anarchivism.org/w/How_to_Rip_VHS

Might be a good start..

Edit: also, it might be xmplayer.. have you tried using the default media player?? As avi is supported..

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys, I didn't even know there was replies until just now, for some reason RMS email notifications going in spam folder, fixed that..lol

I'll try your method first QuattroGam3r since I already have handbrake installed.

Thanks for the replies guys, I didn't even know there was replies until just now, for some reason RMS email notifications going in spam folder, fixed that..lol

I'll try your method first QuattroGam3r since I already have handbrake installed.

I may have jumped the gun on recommending HB. You might have to install libdvd.css in order to remove protection. Like was said, if you have issues getting it to work, just use DVDfab. Totally forgot about that program.

• Like 1

I'm wondering who was the idiot who copied protected an avi wtf !,that's worse than a pass worded rar...lol..DVDFAB 8.0 works well on xp,crashes on win 7 64bit.

For future reference videohelp.com will pretty much solve any issue or perhaps afterdawn.com member attar at AD knows his stuff (just don't say i said so it'll go to his head..hahaha)

• Like 1

I may have jumped the gun on recommending HB. You might have to install libdvd.css in order to remove protection. Like was said, if you have issues getting it to work, just use DVDfab. Totally forgot about that program.

I'm wondering who was the idiot who copied protected an avi wtf !,that's worse than a pass worded rar...lol..DVDFAB 8.0 works well on xp,crashes on win 7 64bit.

For future reference videohelp.com will pretty much solve any issue or perhaps afterdawn.com member attar at AD knows his stuff (just don't say i said so it'll go to his head..hahaha)

And ill say this again.. maybe its xmplayer causing the issue?? Only copy protection on digital media is cenova or w.e.. lol.. i seriously think that is what is causing this issue.. xmplayer isnt exactly perfect lol.. but op would just need to get the media update to test the same avi throught the default media player..

Edit: and you can also google.. vhs's could give false reports due to the film degrading.. but this type of protection error.. wouldnt come from a digital file.. his recorder is throwing the error, hence why I'm thinking its xmplayer..

And ill say this again.. maybe its xmplayer causing the issue?? Only copy protection on digital media is cenova or w.e.. lol.. i seriously think that is what is causing this issue.. xmplayer isnt exactly perfect lol.. but op would just need to get the media update to test the same avi throught the default media player..

Edit: and you can also google.. vhs's could give false reports due to the film degrading.. but this type of protection error.. wouldnt come from a digital file.. his recorder is throwing the error, hence why I'm thinking its xmplayer..

Are you referring to the Xbox's Video player on the stock dash? If you are, it gave me error codes, I looked them up and they stated possible unsupported file formats, I tried WMV AVI and MP4 neither played through dashboard video player.. That's why I looked for a homebrew video player and found XMPlayer.

I used QuattroGam3r's suggestion and ran the video through HB, just haven't got it on the USB stick to try it yet. I'll try in a couple hours.

You'd need mediainfo on a pc to see what codecs & bitrates etc were used on any non playing videos then compare that with the supported formats the default xbox media player uses.then convert accordingly

edit:imo it's time to get an external dvd burner & be done with this shenanigans

• Like 1

Are you referring to the Xbox's Video player on the stock dash? If you are, it gave me error codes, I looked them up and they stated possible unsupported file formats, I tried WMV AVI and MP4 neither played through dashboard video player.. That's why I looked for a homebrew video player and found XMPlayer.

I used QuattroGam3r's suggestion and ran the video through HB, just haven't got it on the USB stick to try it yet. I'll try in a couple hours.

For rgh's.. youll need the media update.. this is done thru xbl on reg systems.. but yeah.. i had a link somewhere on here.. just google it.. and see if that fixes the problem..

Edit: https://mega.nz/#F!jBADVTAI!wAh4r8Ssh2es_RhdqrIFQg

There, just dont worry about the tu's in there lol.. also included is the ipod update (there is 3 media files)

Edit 2: also, bitrates and stuff like that, that arent supported, handbreak can convert em.. this is of course that you need to

Edit 3: use 360 content manager to ftp the media update.. i forget where they go hahaha

Edit 4 (sry lol): http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/libxenon-homebrew-jtag-reset-glitch-content/3143-xbox-360-optional-media-update-download.html

That tells you specific place to install

• Like 2

For rgh's.. youll need the media update.. this is done thru xbl on reg systems.. but yeah.. i had a link somewhere on here.. just google it.. and see if that fixes the problem..

Edit: https://mega.nz/#F!jBADVTAI!wAh4r8Ssh2es_RhdqrIFQg

There, just dont worry about the tu's in there lol.. also included is the ipod update (there is 3 media files)

Edit 2: also, bitrates and stuff like that, that arent supported, handbreak can convert em.. this is of course that you need to

Edit 3: use 360 content manager to ftp the media update.. i forget where they go hahaha

Edit 4 (sry lol): http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/libxenon-homebrew-jtag-reset-glitch-content/3143-xbox-360-optional-media-update-download.html

That tells you specific place to install

thanks

edit: didn't fix it, still wont play on regular dash video player. I checked and I already had the media update, I deleted it and reuploaded the file just to be sure my original update file wasn't corrupted or something, but still didn't help.

Edited by gangrel_1313

Edit: also, it might be xmplayer.. have you tried using the default media player?? As avi is supported..

You might be onto something there, Now if I looked and found that I have the media update installed yet it still does not play this particular video, it may be the settings the video was created with. But I did try Any Video Converter which I've used many times in the past, it has Xbox 360 Video presets, I used that and the damn video still didn't play on the video player, however it does play on XMPlayer, but my DVD Recorder gives the E25 protection error.. BUT!!!! I tried to start the recording before I played the video and found out, that the protection is there on the damn XMPlayer menu, so its XMPlayer itself that is blocking it.. My question now, is Why the FCK would a homebrew media player enforce this kind of protection??...lol, also what to do about it.. :)

EDIT: I should add, I'm very grateful for every programmer that develops homebrew for modded consoles and whatnot, and my comment about why homebrew would have the protection is not attacking anyone..lol, I just don't understand if it was intentional or by accident that this is occurring with the program, by all means, I'm not trying to offend the developer of XMPlayer

Can you check if the error is also in xell?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Can you check if the error is also in xell?

Sent from my SM-G903F

I'll find out here shortly

EDIT: Ok, Swizzy I booted Xell and hit the record button and it done it then too, so apparently its Xell causing this?

The reason i ask is because it could be that the GPU is initalized with those settings, i don't know for sure as i'm not 100% sure about what all of that code does, but... if it's a libxenon thing (GPU initalization related) it would also effect XeLL

Sent from my SM-G903F

It does do it if I try to record while Xell is running..

So, you get the same results with XMPlayer and XeLL? do you get the same while in the 360 dash?

So, you get the same results with XMPlayer and XeLL? do you get the same while in the 360 dash?

Yes on XMPlayer and Xell. No on 360 Dash, I played a old DVD (that was burnt as a DVD video disc) I had that was in rough shape and decided to copy it and was able to with the 360 Dash. Unfortunately the dash is not wanting to play this particular video file, just gives errors. I'm thinking of using cam studio and making a video and saving it and trying to play that through 360 dash, to see if it will play a video other than what I'm trying to play.

Then something with the GPU init in Libxenon is causing it, i don't have anything to check for this, so i can't really fix it i'm afraid :/