RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
fulltimehustler

best media player?

There's XMplayer too. But my recommend would be to get a raspberry Pi. They have a new model that only costs $5 now. Don't get me wrong, 360 is great, but it seems like it could mature a bit as a good media center.

edit: Seeing as how Kodi (formerly XBMC) will not be made for Xbox in the foreseeable future, I have a hard time seeing it catch up to whats out there. Here's a preview video of the skin i'm using on OSMC right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqAKkczLu3M

• Like 1

There's XMplayer too. But my recommend would be to get a raspberry Pi. They have a new model that only costs $5 now. Don't get me wrong, 360 is great, but it seems like it could mature a bit as a good media center.

edit: Seeing as how Kodi (formerly XBMC) will not be made for Xbox in the foreseeable future, I have a hard time seeing it catch up to whats out there. Here's a preview video of the skin i'm using on OSMC right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqAKkczLu3M

The 360 homebrew/modscene is slowly dying aswell, less and less people working on homebrew for it... i don't see there ever being a media player even coming close to what XBMC/Kodi have any time in our lifetime...

I agree. I've read a lot about the situation. Seems like the scene is more active now than past few years. I remember reading something about it not being possible to make a good one esp like xbmc. I seen an original at a pawn shop for 60 bucks. Still have my mod stuff. Was a great machine but 360 is better... besides the media. I already have chromecast and a pc connected to tv so it's not a big deal.