RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
onyx070

loading titles at startup

hi,

looked around but couldnt find anything about this, if its already suggested then my apologies for the dupe topic.

everytime i start the xbox it has to load about 1200 titles and this takes a bit

it scans everything everytime all over again, the scanning takes long when it is scanning for titles.

i was wondering if it is possible for a newer version of Aurora to save the stats after 1 scan and next time only check for changes? 

or it would be great if i could disable the start-up scanning at all? and manually scan if changes are made?

i know there are alot of titles to be loaded here but is there any way to reduce the scanning time or disable it? 

thanks

ps aurora is saved on external hard drive, but when ftping i also see a Game folder which contains aurora

Press start and tab right 3x, disable AutoScan on whatever you please. I leave AutoScan enabled on TU's personally.

With Manage Paths disabled, you'll need to return to this same page to press Scan Now whenever you add a game.

That game folder in the root of your Xbox hdd is whatever is currently running, i.e. FSD, Aurora, 360 Game etc.

• Like 2

hi,

looked around but couldnt find anything about this, if its already suggested then my apologies for the dupe topic.

everytime i start the xbox it has to load about 1200 titles and this takes a bit

it scans everything everytime all over again, the scanning takes long when it is scanning for titles.

i was wondering if it is possible for a newer version of Aurora to save the stats after 1 scan and next time only check for changes? 

or it would be great if i could disable the start-up scanning at all? and manually scan if changes are made?

i know there are alot of titles to be loaded here but is there any way to reduce the scanning time or disable it? 

thanks

ps aurora is saved on external hard drive, but when ftping i also see a Game folder which contains aurora

It loads the database into memory, and it does so at launch so you don't have to wait for it to do it when you want to list your games etc.

Press start and tab right 3x, disable AutoScan on whatever you please. I leave AutoScan enabled on TU's personally.

With Manage Paths disabled, you'll need to return to this same page to press Scan Now whenever you add a game.

That game folder in the root of your Xbox hdd is whatever is currently running, i.e. FSD, Aurora, 360 Game etc.

autoscan is off on both, and i do scan manually when adding new titles. what i mean is the loading/scanning at the start-up of Aurora, when you have like 50 or 100 titles in the database you barely notice this loading but say over 1000 titles, it takes some time, i have gotten used to it to turn on the console then after 4 or 5 minutes switch to HDMI, and sometimes its still in the splashscreen

It loads the database into memory, and it does so at launch so you don't have to wait for it to do it when you want to list your games etc.

yes, and you can understand that if the database is large, it will take some time to load this into the memory. therefor i was wondering if there is any way or plans in the future to keep this database into the memory, without having to load it every time the console boots up. 

anyways, its only "annoying" if you have a large database i guess, thanks for taking the time to respond guys

yes, and you can understand that if the database is large, it will take some time to load this into the memory. therefor i was wondering if there is any way or plans in the future to keep this database into the memory, without having to load it every time the console boots up. 

anyways, its only "annoying" if you have a large database i guess, thanks for taking the time to respond guys

Do you know how RAM works? when you turn off your console, the RAM is cleared, meaning it has to be loaded back into memory again...

We also cannot keep the database in memory when you load a game, as that steals the memory from the game instead leaving it with less memory to handle it's shit with... it not only loads the database tho, it also loads the plugins and some (not all) assets

It doesn't scan for new titles during startup, however if you tell it to it'll scan for new TitleUpdates on startup...

alright, thanks. thats clear enough, i did not know it worked that way. will it make any difference in loading times if i install Aurora on the internal hard drive? 

alright, thanks. thats clear enough, i did not know it worked that way. will it make any difference in loading times if i install Aurora on the internal hard drive?

Probably yes, the internal HDD is 5400RPM SATA2 which is much faster then USB2

I have 1690 titles scanned everytime I boot my xbox. It takes about 15 seconds to scan it all. Not long at all.

• Like 1