RealModScene
fulltimehustler

Make rom appear in dashboard same as xbla, 360, xbox1, etc does

I thought about this the other day. With new gen ports etc alot of older games on emulator aren't needed much for me. So I was thinking it would be cool if my 10 nintendo roms would show up instead of the emulatord. So it would show boxart for each rom and no emulator. Seems like a pain in the ass because each game would have to be built into an auto launcher type of thing to launch the emulator then the rom. But the box art is basically a shortcut. Just a thought.

However I'm guessing auroras emulator rom launch option works nicely. Haven't got to use it yet. Seen just now it works with different emulators so I'll try tomomrrow since I need to download them. I tell you what, the box art for the emulators kicks ass.

Would also be nice to be able to choose which cover to use within aurora, so far I have to go to unity website and push my desired cover to xbox if I don't like the current. No complaints tho cuz so far aurora has great functioning! Thx

Xbox nodding is such a pain even on the user end, but once your playing that really old or brand new or favorite game it's all worth it. My rgh is a collectors dream, if u don't consider all the headaches of getting things to work and keeping updated etc. But I've got by thanks to the ppl and the net. Crazy all the accomplishments. I used unity website to find homebrew and games etc I didn't know existed.

It's not likely to be something happening any time soon (Roms in the coverflow for example) and in order for NXE to have the games listed you need to setup a Quickboot which sends the required data to the emulator or setting up a emulator package for each rom which launches it and nothing else...

Regarding the cover selection it'll be possible as of 0.6b ;)

"Roms in the coverflow"

Regarding the cover selection it'll be possible as of 0.6b ;)

good to know. the cover flow is so cool once you play with it. esp the variety of covers and themes. and you pretty much summed up my request in 1 sentence, nice!

• Like 3

Really do something like this would be the idea to implement libretro api into auroa.

big task and really a big dream but it would be the way ahead if you went down that direction.

basically the emulator cores built into the auroa dash as plugins.

www.libretro.com\index.php\api\

Really do something like this would be the idea to implement libretro api into auroa.

big task and really a big dream but it would be the way ahead if you went down that direction.

basically the emulator cores built into the auroa dash as plugins.

www.libretro.com\index.php\api\

We're not adding the LibRetro API into Aurora, infact i doubt it's even available on Xbox 360 as the development for Xbox 360 pretty much halted some time back...

That's is a shame :-)

As if it were implemented it would be the be all end all app for the 360 as other developers emucores from other systems could be added in offloading development work to others with more resources/ developers.

It already supports dynamic loading executable's like connectx etc...

libretro  is a real good idea as a cross platform emulator and game engine.

all the front end and cores source is available on GitHub but as the 360 port is gone from the latest builds because the devs have no hardware and possibly spare time loking at the platforms available.

The last release of retroarch for the 360 is the one Maester Rowen and Swizzy worked on, per my request, so we could actually use the rom launch feature. and that is version 1.0.0.3. There were a bunch of fixes from the original retroarch devs as far as cheat engines(Game Genie, Action Replay, Game Shark, etc)(Nice app for generating these files in my sig) and then the fixes for the 360 that were only done because it didnt work, and to add the rom launch feature. It also gets rid of the retroarch interface for rom launching. As far as the rom coverflow, this would just be an extension of the rom launcher added to the coverflow. Or so I would guess.

• Like 1

I hope to make this really easy for my family...  I'm surprised there is no way to set a startup game in the .cfg files, but I looked at nestopia & retroarch - not finding a way to do it. Would it be possible to auto start the game with a dedicated emulator instance.  Like take the nestopia folder & put a game in an autostart folder and then call nestopia & pass it the game name from the autostart folder as the title it should autolaunch?   That seems to be the way it's done on other platforms and I would think it would be scriptable.  I guess it would be limited to one game per platform, but I could live with that even until we get something better.  I could always launch the full blown emulator to play other games or switch the autostart game for them.

I hope to make this really easy for my family... I'm surprised there is no way to set a startup game in the .cfg files, but I looked at nestopia & retroarch - not finding a way to do it. Would it be possible to auto start the game with a dedicated emulator instance. Like take the nestopia folder & put a game in an autostart folder and then call nestopia & pass it the game name from the autostart folder as the title it should autolaunch? That seems to be the way it's done on other platforms and I would think it would be scriptable. I guess it would be limited to one game per platform, but I could live with that even until we get something better. I could always launch the full blown emulator to play other games or switch the autostart game for them.

Seriously? You set the scriptdata to emulator, and go to title updates, press left, and it will change to Roms (instead of dlc like with othergames) select your game.. and poof.. it auto starts with the game.. not that hard man

Edit: only works with the unoffical retroarch version swizzy made (with help from Others here)

• Like 1

Of course, it is not hard at all for us, but for a child with cognitive disabilities it doesn't make sense not to be able to launch every game the same way.

Of course, it is not hard at all for us, but for a child with cognitive disabilities it doesn't make sense not to be able to launch every game the same way.

i am not saying that, by all means don't get me wrong here man.. BUT to be honest, the dash/console ISN'T meant for that. case in point, game DEV's are NOW just starting to make games easier for disabled people:

http://kotaku.com/how-one-disabled-player-convinced-naughty-dog-to-add-mo-1777633667

I am sorry that aurora isn't easier for you, BUT you can always set it up for your kid, THEN let him play man..

yep, I totally get it.  Having trainers and save games helps lots.  I just thought I might have an unique approach that may not have been considered previously (using an emulator instance for each game) and might be doable without too much dev effort - so I thought I would toss it out there.

• Like 1