RealModScene
Luke Ireland

LINK Issues

I'm on Aurora though. I don't see why this would happen. I'm not doing anything wrong.

Not that you know of anyway. Why not share a little bit about your setup, maybe even share what game/games is giving issues in link. 

You posted your issue in the Freestyle support threads, easy to assume you were only using F3, lolz.

• Like 1

Not that you know of anyway. Why not share a little bit about your setup, maybe even share what game/games is giving issues in link. 

You posted your issue in the Freestyle support threads, easy to assume you were only using F3, lolz.

Oh, well idk, I assumed it would be FSD3 Support bc you need the plugin for LINK, but yeah. It's multiple games, but most recently, Black Ops III.

My xbox is JTAG RGH and idk. It works, and can last a whole game, but sometimes, in a row especially, it just lasts 20 in game seconds before disconnecting me, then I can't rejoin anything and the lobbies won't load?

Oh, well idk, I assumed it would be FSD3 Support bc you need the plugin for LINK, but yeah. It's multiple games, but most recently, Black Ops III.

My xbox is JTAG RGH and idk. It works, and can last a whole game, but sometimes, in a row especially, it just lasts 20 in game seconds before disconnecting me, then I can't rejoin anything and the lobbies won't load?

Aurora uses the FSD plugin for Link (until Nova is finished), but that's about it.

You're either JTAG'd or RGH'd, but if it's both that might be your issue right there  :shock: , kidding.

Without knowing much about how you're networked... I would guess you might have a flakey connection.

• Is your Xbox hooked up via wifi?
  • What are your Speedtest.net results?
  • Is this a recent issue or has it always been like that for you?

The more info you can provide, the easier it will be for someone to figure out your issue.

• Like 2

Yeah i dunno about a flaky connection he did say the xbox turned itself off,a flakey connection would most likely boot back to game menu i would've thought.The only time i've had an issue with a box turning off was a non compliant hdd.I don't think even a game crash turned it off as far as i can remember

Yeah i dunno about a flaky connection he did say the xbox turned itself off,a flakey connection would most likely boot back to game menu i would've thought.The only time i've had an issue with a box turning off was a non compliant hdd.I don't think even a game crash turned it off as far as i can remember

That's a good point, like I said, I guess flakey connection, IDK. Just trying to narrow things down.

There's always a possibility that he has fatal reboot enabled in Dashlaunch and something else is causing it.

If the game or even the FSD Plugin have a fatal crash and your Dashlaunch settings are setup to shut the console off when it occurs... it'll do that...

A Flakey connection could very well cause the FSD Plugin to crash, there are things in that plugin which aren't 100% coded, just like in FSD3 it's a big mess, except... The plugin is a big tight mess where there's very little space for anything

Nova????? Tell me more! And I turned off fatal crash reboot, it now returns to dash. My Internet is good, don't have problems playing titan fall on PC. I have the white xbox 360 adapter, which I think is slower? But idk. I'll test when I'm home.

Nova????? Tell me more! And I turned off fatal crash reboot, it now returns to dash. My Internet is good, don't have problems playing titan fall on PC. I have the white xbox 360 adapter, which I think is slower? But idk. I'll test when I'm home.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5217-nova-the-future-of-link/#entry42040

Thank you! Is my only hope waiting for that then? My results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4824013927

What should I do now ? Is there more info that you need, or am I going to have to put up with it?

Ping is good, but your speeds are a little low. If your internet is being used for anything other than just Xbox (while you're gaming), it could possibly stall. If your Xbox is connected via wifi you're just compounding the problem.

I'm part of a big family so it's not really lightning i suppose, and yes, I'm connected by wifi. But turning off the xbox, and not loading link after 10+ mins ? :(

Your wifi can also competes with cordless phones & possibly cell phones depending on the cell phone frequency used.In the modem/router there's a setting that allows you to select a different frequency or is it switch between both ?,the default as an example i think is 2 (can't remember the actual number however there's only 2 to choose from) i think the other is 5,well you get the idea it's been a while since i attempted to use wifi on the computer,signal wasn't strong enough,switched to a cable running down the hallway instead no issues since

edit:there's also a setting to allocate bandwidth to connected devices & possibly those that are connected by cable.Judging by the speed test & assuming there was no one else on at the time it might explain a few things, as once others connect you'll be left with little band width which would explain the kickouts

I'm part of a big family so it's not really lightning i suppose, and yes, I'm connected by wifi. But turning off the xbox, and not loading link after 10+ mins ? :(

No amount of waiting will make link work better if it's a bandwidth issue.

Like scorp says, run a cable down the hall if you have to test it, but a wired connection to your router can help. The QoS setting in your router may also help shape your connection so you don't drop below a certain bandwidth when mom/wife goes online to read about Bruce Jenner.

bb3338368a2e6ffc8b47b92f88df5718.jpg

No amount of waiting will make link work better if it's a bandwidth issue.

Like scorp says, run a cable down the hall if you have to test it, but a wired connection to your router can help. The QoS setting in your router may also help shape your connection so you don't drop below a certain bandwidth when mom/wife goes online to read about Bruce Jenner.

bb3338368a2e6ffc8b47b92f88df5718.jpg

It really confuses me. It can't be that bad if yesterday, my brother's friend brought his xbox one round and we played the same game online and it worked without a hitch. I'll try to get a wired connection then if that's all that can be done

Can you copy/paste your Dashlaunch.ini inside some spoiler tags. Maybe some setting causing something.

I didn't say that wired is all that can be done, I also mentioned QoS setting on your router (don't be distracted by the big image of a cat). I'll try to help if I can, but don't hang your head in defeat until you've tried everything  :blink:

edit: scorpNZ also suggested switching from 2.4 to 5GHz band or maybe visa versa (obviously won't work on the white 360 wifi adapter). Then there's also checking to see if there is a clearer channel available.

You're comparing the dual band a/b/g/n Xbox One's wifi performance to the "white 360 adapter" that has single band wireless g?  :wallbash: Maybe upgrade.

Wifi is for convenience or last resort, but can cause more issues than it solves. It helps to learn more about networking so you can "tune" things a little better. But sometimes it just doesn't cut the mustard.

I ran out of wired ports on my switch years ago and had to connect my PS3 via wifi. Took me a couple weeks to figure out why I couldn't download a system update. The cause, dum dum duuuuum... Wifi.

[/rant] just for testing purposes, try a wired connection, see if it helps.

I'm ruling out internet performance issues for many reasons. My xbox crashes sometimes anyway, randomly during gameplay, so it could be linked to that. But I think it's software/setting based. Getting the .ini now.

I'm ruling out internet performance issues for many reasons. My xbox crashes sometimes anyway, randomly during gameplay, so it could be linked to that. But I think it's software/setting based. Getting the .ini now.

A Dropped connection may cause crashes if not handled correctly... there isn't a ton of error handling in the FSD Plugin... so that could very well be the issue for the crashes that your connection drops unexpectedly and it's unable to handle it correctly causing your console to crash, even so games can have similar issues...

Launch.ini ---> http://pastebin.com/TH1AWA8p

It's come to the point where, for whatever reason, I can connect to the ZombieZ room in BO2, but no games come up. Also, I can't go on BO3 link anymore bc title update 3 won't let me past the start screen.

On LINK testing, all tests are successful, except the last two. However, this has always been the case, allowing me to connect to games. Everything is port forwarded correctly too.

OqTvhS6.png

BO3 TU3 don't work with Fakelive enabled, try disabling that... although, your launch.ini don't have that option enabled :/

BO3 TU3 don't work with Fakelive enabled, try disabling that... although, your launch.ini don't have that option enabled :/

So what should I do for BO3? And BO2 is better anyway, so that's my main priority. Still going through the painful disconnections. However, it seems more and more like it's a bandwidth issue...less crashes recently. Although now, I can't use the aurora trainer for it...:/