RealModScene
GanderPan

Reversing Backup ISO Extraction

Hey,

Does anyone, specifically @Swizzy, know if it's possible to takes the files and folders extracted by Swizzy's ISO extraction program and compile them back into a retail XISO?

Thing is, I came across a jasper xbox for sale with an xk3y for super cheap, but all my backups are setup for my JTAG it's been giving me lots of issues lately.. so I don't know if anyone is experienced with xk3y, and knows how I can make my jtag games readable by it, that'd be awesome.. and save me the massive time load of having to rip all my games again.

Thanks,
Gander

It's not possible to make a 1:1 match of it no, the main reason for that is that the XISO contains alot of other data aswell which is completely ignored during the extraction... (i'm only reading the game contents)

Technically you could probably use EXISO to generate a new XISO and then use ABGX360 to get the other data back into the iso, this MAY work but probably won't

Hey,

Does anyone, specifically @Swizzy, know if it's possible to takes the files and folders extracted by Swizzy's ISO extraction program and compile them back into a retail XISO?

Thing is, I came across a jasper xbox for sale with an xk3y for super cheap, but all my backups are setup for my JTAG it's been giving me lots of issues lately.. so I don't know if anyone is experienced with xk3y, and knows how I can make my jtag games readable by it, that'd be awesome.. and save me the massive time load of having to rip all my games again.

Thanks,

Gander

it would read em just fine.. lol.. problem being would be, is it live safe?? probably not.. 360mpgui has an option to make an iso from "extracted" files, then an iso that's readable via XboxImageBrowser.. you can take a wack at that.. as long as you stay off live.. or if you are using the xk3y for only your RGH.. you should be fine.. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the lead guys... I think for the most part I'm picking up what you're putting down...

Can anyone tell me more about 360mpgui? I have an xk3y and I'm wondering what I can do with it. Particularly get dlc.

Thanks so much

Xk3y can only play iso's of the same region as the console, it simply emulates the dvd drive...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Xk3y can only play iso's of the same region as the console, it simply emulates the dvd drive...

Sent from my SM-G903F

You can always spoof game region in smc_config, but that is more work than it is worth, if you only have one or 2 isos that require it.

You can always spoof game region in smc_config, but that is more work than it is worth, if you only have one or 2 isos that require it.

And doesn't actually change it...

It's controlled by the field in the keyvault ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I guess what I'm trying to ask is......is there any software that will let me play downloaded dlc with my xkey? I know in the past you couldn't.

"The tool also has the ability to manage arcade games / DLC and unlock them for use if required."

I guess what I'm trying to ask is......is there any software that will let me play downloaded dlc with my xkey? I know in the past you couldn't.

"The tool also has the ability to manage arcade games / DLC and unlock them for use if required."

Use the edit function, don't post a correction as if using a IM service please...

And like i've said, the xk3y emulates the dvd drive, this means it can only do whatever the dvd drive can do... which means no DLC can be installed outside of Xbox LIVE unless it's on a installer disc such as a GOTY edition of the game

Sent from my SM-G903F