RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Jeroen van Veen

System Error

When starting my xbox with Aurora 0.5b suddenly today I got a system error (RROD) on my Slim!

I can boot to Xell (and run my mupen64 stick which I use sometimes)

How can I restore Aurora?

It's impossible to tell you without knowing what the error code actually is, there are thousands of different possible causes for the console to display a error message, or have RDOD (Red Dot Of Death) as it's called on Slim

Isn't a RROD or RDOD malfunctioning hardware or can this also be caused by software?

All it really means is that the console encountered an error, most RROD/RDOD error codes mean that it's a hardware failure, but... with JTAG/RGH installed, those meanings change a slight bit, some of the "Hardware" failures could be related to corrupt NAND images aswell...

In order to give a proper answer as to what the problem is, the error message/error code needs to be known, E74 for instance is 99.9% GPU errors, anything with 000# is guaranteed to be a hardware error... but, most other error codes may or may not be either software or hardware, very hard to tell without actual data (such as a nand dump, which helps ALOT when trying to find out if it's a software error or not)

Directly after posting I digged around some more, found the XeLL httpd website and downloaded the dump. I used XeBuild to make a new one and installed that with an USB stick. It booted back into normal dash shortly after. 

Thanks for all help!

-- Weird that it happened so suddenly without any changes to the box. Hope it stays fine!

Something has come up, I can not longer ftp into the box. It says connection refused (same as for the webserver).

The ip adres is right, I double checked it and ftp is enbaled in the settings. 

Weird that it happened so suddenly without any changes to the box. Hope it stays fine!

Most likely someone changed something without knowing it... maybe it wasn't you, maybe it was your kids (if you have some of those), a friend, family member or whatever... there are things which you can change causing things not to work if you don't know what you're actually doing...

Regarding your FTP settings, it's a strange one, as long as your IP is correct and the FTP server is loaded, it should work... what error message(s) do you get in your FTP client?

Most likely someone changed something without knowing it... maybe it wasn't you, maybe it was your kids (if you have some of those), a friend, family member or whatever... there are things which you can change causing things not to work if you don't know what you're actually doing...

Regarding your FTP settings, it's a strange one, as long as your IP is correct and the FTP server is loaded, it should work... what error message(s) do you get in your FTP client?

Tried to load FSD and FTP works there. (Copied the game I wanted to play and went back to Aurora)

In Aurora I get: "Error Connection Refused" (Wrong username or password gives me usually a different error, I tried changing them as well)

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

Tried to load FSD and FTP works there. (Copied the game I wanted to play and went back to Aurora)

In Aurora I get: "Error Connection Refused" (Wrong username or password gives me usually a different error, I tried changing them as well)

Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

This means that the FTP server isn't running for some reason, did you check that it is indeed running by pressing the back button (it should be listed there)

Yes, it is running. (Dashlaunch, FTP Server, Freestyle Plugin)

Now, after a couple of reboots (shortly after boot) I was finally able to connect to the webserver and ftp server (and it also downloaded 1/2 cover arts) but only for a short period of time until I got the same ECONNREFUSED error appeared. I checked the router settings, hardwired my laptop to the grid but it keeps happening. Works after a (power) reboot, then fails magically. 

Edit: When I test the connection first everything including ports are fine. When I lose ftp connection the test hangs at checking unity credentials.

Yes, it is running. (Dashlaunch, FTP Server, Freestyle Plugin)

Now, after a couple of reboots (shortly after boot) I was finally able to connect to the webserver and ftp server (and it also downloaded 1/2 cover arts) but only for a short period of time until I got the same ECONNREFUSED error appeared. I checked the router settings, hardwired my laptop to the grid but it keeps happening. Works after a (power) reboot, then fails magically. 

Edit: When I test the connection first everything including ports are fine. When I lose ftp connection the test hangs at checking unity credentials.

sounds like there is a problem with your router, or your HDD is failing.. or.. the ethernet port is going bad.. if you are using the "wifi" on the xbox.. DON'T.. 

always use the hardline..