RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
DR3AMMA5TER

[Aurora] Change Display Resolution in Aurora

Hello,

I want to know if there is a way to change the resolution of my RGH without going back to original dashboard everytime.

I ask this because everytime i want to play an Xbox Original and want to change my resolution to 480 i have to go to original dashboard and i want to know if there is an easier way.

Maybe it is possible to make a xex file which switches to 480 when i want to play a Xbox Original and one that switches to 1080 when i want to play a Xbox360 game?

Hello,

I want to know if there is a way to change the resolution of my RGH without going back to original dashboard everytime.

I ask this because everytime i want to play an Xbox Original and want to change my resolution to 480 i have to go to original dashboard and i want to know if there is an easier way.

Maybe it is possible to make a xex file which switches to 480 when i want to play a Xbox Original and one that switches to 1080 when i want to play a Xbox360 game?

i think that option was in the launcher/editor of the hacked emu files that never got released.. not too sure about that.. but this has been talked about before.. and i don't know if there is another option outside of going to the system settings.. so yeah.. best bet would to be have someone code it up.. maybe an Aurora setting.. to autoswap.. maybe even a DL setting to do it.. such as Autofake.. but "Auto-res" for originals.. haha

i think that option was in the launcher/editor of the hacked emu files that never got released.. not too sure about that.. but this has been talked about before.. and i don't know if there is another option outside of going to the system settings.. so yeah.. best bet would to be have someone code it up.. maybe an Aurora setting.. to autoswap.. maybe even a DL setting to do it.. such as Autofake.. but "Auto-res" for originals.. haha

The main issue with a "Auto-res" kind of feature is that it might not work to just swap the resolution like that, you have to completely reload the GPU settings in order for it to work

The main issue with a "Auto-res" kind of feature is that it might not work to just swap the resolution like that, you have to completely reload the GPU settings in order for it to work

sounds like the reason it hasn't been produced.. BUT i thought it was a nice name-drop.. "auto-res" haha.. 

• Like 1

I even don't mind if it auto-changes or if i must do it manually with a xex file.

I just want to change it within Aurora and not original dash

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

What if we hex edit the "xefu.xex" files to change the resolution? Maybe it could work? Because when I check what's running on the WebUI when I'm playing an original Xbox game it shows that it's running one of these compat files

EDIT: I just made some tests here, patched Silent Hill 2 to run at 720p and the black bars were in front of the screen

Sorry to revive, but see:

A lot of tvs dont resize the picture correctly. My tv has only two options: 16:9 & 4:3. 720p and 1080p are 16:9 aspects, but my tv only recognizes 1080p as 16:9. If my xbox are configured in 1080p, the image is allocated perfectly on the screen, but if in 720p, a large cut of the screen occurs. Its some tv models problem, not reversible. 

Some games are better if in 720p as we all know (resolves screen tearing a little on Resident Evil 5, for example, or some games run in 720/60p instead of 1080/30p.

There is way to implant aurora to set PER GAME resolution and manual screen size? overscan it the way I like?  Maybe dashlaunch can do it for a pergame titleid...

Im also considering buying the framemeister for it, but, expensive as hell, I should buy another tv....

It's not going to be a feature we add any time soon and might not even work due to the gpu needing to be restarted with new settings...

Sent from my SM-G903F

• Like 1