RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
tx3

Theme that provides tabs?

hi,

i would love to know if it is possible to make a theme that is shaped like the freestlye dash?

I think the team behind this dashboard is doing a great Job, but i think that filters are not the way to go.

Would love to see just tabs, the best solution for keeping everything in place.

sorry if that is the wrong place for my post

cheers

• Like 1

Well, you can make tabs, there are already tabs in Aurora aswell, however, you most likely won't be able to make a skin that enable/disable filters...

I don't see what the big issue you're having with the filters are? they're WAY more powerful then the tabs, you gain ALOT of control using this, the downside right now is that there's no easy way to fix errors that the inner workings of Aurora causes (meaning, if Aurora miss-identify a game or type or whatever, it's quite advanced to fix it...) However, when you get past all of that, tabs is a HUGE limitation, you can only have x ammount of tabs, and they're hardcoded... filters allow you to customize it, with ease, hell you can even filter on specific game details now, you couldn't do that with the tabs in FSD...

There will be improvements made to that part of the system, i started working on a PC based tool to help you modify the database, i've gotten a bit busy with a few other more important things, then i ended up not feeling much like going back to that project at this time, so it'll take a bit of time before it's ready... but... there are also plans to implement all of this into Aurora's WebUI down the road...

cause it's way more user friendly.

How so? with Aurora 0.5b you've got Quick Views, they're customizable in that you can select any number of filters you'd like to include, and switch between them in the same manor as you would a tab...

Honestly tho, enabling a filter is super easy, if you can't even do that... you really need to learn a thing or two about technology... you just select the filter(s) you want to enable, and go back, voila, you no longer see anything that doesn't match the filter...

If you want to create your own filters, sure it gets a little bit more complicated as you need to know LUA, or understand it... but, there are plenty of ppl on these forums which can help you do that if you want to add further filtering capabilities...