RealModScene
b3nz

Useful Q&A for new people. [F.A.Q]

Hello.

Thanks to this community, I now have all my little questions about certain XBOX things answered. So I thought I'll put some useful information for newbies like me into a single thread.

Special thanks to scorpNL, Swizzy.

Last update: 2015-10-08 23:35 GMT+3.

This thread is still not finished! I will update this thread when I have some free time.

Anyway, you can help me and can send me suggestions using this code:

[b][color=#ffa07a]-------------------------------------------[/color][/b]
[color=#ffd700][b]Q: QUESTION[/b]

A: ANWER[/color]
-------------------------------------------

Q: How do I install title updates straight through the XBOX?

A: First things first, you need to have your XBOX connected to te Internet. You need to register on XboxUnity.com and connect to the created profile in the XBOX dashboard menu (click the Start button on your joypad and scroll to "Unity").

WARNING: you'll see that in order to connect into your xboxunity.com profile, you'll need to input an API key, NOT the password you've inputted while registering! You can get it pressing "Get API key" or something like that in the same login menu, where you will be finally prompted to input the profile's password. After you input your password, the API key will be automatically generated.

After you have connected into to your XboxUnity profile, click Y on any game, scroll down to "Title Updates" and download ONLY THE LATEST VERSION released. After the update is finally downloaded, click LB and enable the downloaded update. You can also use "Scan for Title Updates" function, which you can find in the dashboard menu, although I haven't used this function.

Q: I just have installed Title Update for some game, but now when I try to play it, it says I need to connect to a profile in order to save & load progress even though I'm sure I'm connected to a profile. What should I do?

A: Make sure your console's time is set up correct. You can either do this manually through your System settings or by simply connecting your XBOX to the internet.

Q: I try to download missing content (trailer, boxart etc.), but even though my XBOX is connected to the Internet, some games doesn't get their missing content downloaded. What should I do?

A: This is a known problem. Keep trying to download the missing content until all the content missing is downloaded. For example, there were some games for me where I needed to literally spam the download button to get all the missing content downloaded.

WARNING: make sure that livestrong is set to off in your launch settings. You can change this setting either by connecting to your XBOX through FTP and editing the launch.ini file manually, or you can do it by opening the Dashlaunch application (you need to update your paths in order to show the Dashlaunch program in your "games" list).

Q: How do I know which version of kernel I have installed in my XBOX? How do I update it?

A: To see your kernel version, see THIS video. To update your kernel version, see THIS tutorial.

WARNING: update your kernel version only if you know what you're doing! No one but you will take responsibility if you'll do anything wrong!

Q: What is "livestrong" parameter and when should I keep it turned on?

A: If set to true, livestrong will literally block any connection to Microsoft. It should be set to false if you're about to download game information (boxart, trailer etc.)

But if you're like me and you only connect your XBOX when you need to download missing game content or a title update, you can keep it false everytime.

Q: It's very hot where I'm living and my XBOX is getting hot anytime I'm trying to play something, but Aurora won't add Fan Control function. What should I do?

A: You need to set your target temperatures through Dashlaunch. Open the Dashlaunch application in your XBOX (to see the application, you need to update the paths, same as for the games). Go to system info and you'll be able to change these there.

WARNING: everytime you change your target temperatures, you need to fully reboot your XBOX.

Q: Is it safe to rename a profile or change its picture?

A: Yes it is.

Q: How do I setup multi-disk games so Aurora's auto-swap function would work?

A: See THIS and THIS.

Q: We are able to download title updates from the dashboard, why can't we download DLCs?

A: DLCs are copy righted. Simple as that.

Q: I have started using Aurora dashboard, but it still says "Freestyle home" etc. Why?

A: That's because Aurora uses Freestyle plugin. I don't know why the developers haven't changed this yet, but see THIS.

Q: How do I play online using System Link?

A: See THIS.

Q: System link is disabled (greyed out) in the XBOX button menu, how to fix it?

A: 1. You're not in the LiNK available game (you need to actually start the game first).

2. Your list of LiNK enabled game is corrupted. To fix it, delete the syslink.dat file at Aurora\Plugins\Userdata

3. If you have edited Dashlaunch settings as shown in the tutorial above, make sure you actually save them!

• Like 7

Q: I have started using Aurora dashboard, but it still says "Freestyle home" etc. Why?

A: That's because Aurora uses Freestyle plugin. I don't know why the developers haven't changed this yet, but see THIS.

The Nova update will have that issue fixed.. but seeing as it is a cosmetic issue.. not worth dumping out a whole update just for that particular issue.. as this was talked about.. 

BUT thanks for your time in doing this FAQ.. it will certainly help some.. others just don't read and want everything spoon fed to them upon their request.. haha

• Like 3

First I have to say, I wrote a nice guide on most of these topics, Check the first link in my sig. :( Since you are new here, and I have been busy with real life, and havnt had much time to post on the forums lately, you probably havnt seen it. I still check the forums almost daily though, and respond to PM's. But havnt had much time to post.

The Nova update will have that issue fixed.. but seeing as it is a cosmetic issue.. not worth dumping out a whole update just for that particular issue.. as this was talked about.. 

BUT thanks for your time in doing this FAQ.. it will certainly help some.. others just don't read and want everything spoon fed to them upon their request.. haha

I agree, you have no idea, being a staff member on this site, I get countless PM messages about stuff like this. lol. Most of the questions have been answered, by Swizzy, and I many times. Now that I havnt been posting as much, people start PMing me to ask the questions directly. It is ironic, as I usually just point them to a thread that has the answer. lol. 

• Like 2

First I have to say, I wrote a nice guide on most of these topics, Check the first link in my sig. :( Since you are new here, and I have been busy with real life, and havnt had much time to post on the forums lately, you probably havnt seen it. I still check the forums almost daily though, and respond to PM's. But havnt had much time to post.

I agree, you have no idea, being a staff member on this site, I get countless PM messages about stuff like this. lol. Most of the questions have been answered, by Swizzy, and I many times. Now that I havnt been posting as much, people start PMing me to ask the questions directly. It is ironic, as I usually just point them to a thread that has the answer. lol. 

Yeah, now I see that your thread has many same Q&A. But you're right, I haven't seen you. Not to mention that I don't really check other people signatures. But it is how it is. :/

hey man.. i feel ya.. i get PM'd too.. haha i just want to ignore em from time to time..  but yeah.. i feel ya when you say you and swizzy get asked stuff constantly.. that's already been answered.. hahaha

Gavin, why not add the f.a.q. and tutorials to the rotating billboard on the front page of the site?  With as much admin time as is taken up with newbs asking questions that have already been answered, I think it would be worthwhile to explore options that would allow admin time to be spent more productively.  All I ever see in the recent activity feed are people who have questions that have already had the everlasting Hell answered out of them.

• Like 1

Gavin, why not add the f.a.q. and tutorials to the rotating billboard on the front page of the site?  With as much admin time as is taken up with newbs asking questions that have already been answered, I think it would be worthwhile to explore options that would allow admin time to be spent more productively.  All I ever see in the recent activity feed are people who have questions that have already had the everlasting Hell answered out of them.

I'll try to talk to the other admins and see about getting something that'll make it stand out further, Gavin don't have access to any of that at this time as he's not an admin, only Moderator

hello i have a problem apology when I press the Xbox Guide aparece I live not connect to link the purchase button (and this enabled plugin fds and aurora) help please

Make sure you save the Dashlaunch settings after you edit them.

EDIT: updated a little.

hi everyone,

i am using a 4gb kinect xbox360 jtag device(i attached my sys info pic).
as it is 4gb builtin thats why i am using a 500gb removal hard drive,all my games and apps are in there,now i am using TeamFSD.Freestyle3.0.775 from it with no problem,but Aurora 0.6b - Release Package not working,when i try to launch it by Aurora.xex ,my screen is black and im stuck there and i have to reboot my xbox.(same thing happend with Aurora 0.5b)
i am new about all this type of things but i realy want to use aurora.
can someone help me?

(note: i also cannot use Dash_Launch_v3.15)

File_000.jpeg

First, how are you putting aurora on your xbox? If using FTP to transfer the files, make sure the FTP client is set to transfer files in binary mode, and not ASCII mode, or Default. Files get corrupted when you arent using binary transfer mode, which would cause black screen issues, if the theme was corrupted. As for dashlaunch, have you tried version 3.18.1? it should work with all available kernels, and is the most up to date version that has been released.

Hi I do not know what happens to my Aurora, when it was at 0.5 it filtered correctly the games that have support system link the same has not happened with 0.6 I already tried everything until already I downloaded it pure here by the forum and the error persists would inform me what causes and if it is possible to repair it? in advance my thank you.getScreenCaptureImage.thumb.jpg.5d4aa1b079debd9276f02db35c96d94a.jpg

Hi, guys.
I have a Xbox 360 running Aurora connected to my local network. The FTP server is nice, but it's performance is a bit painly.
Is there a way to access X360 HDD via SMB?

3 hours ago, DarkJoney said:

Hi, guys.
I have a Xbox 360 running Aurora connected to my local network. The FTP server is nice, but it's performance is a bit painly.
Is there a way to access X360 HDD via SMB?

Not with aurora yet.. this is why fsd people are still around

On 8/29/2021 at 12:55 PM, Badshah said:

How to change time and date in aurora so I can play gta 5, gta 5 showing sign in option to save game 

You can manually set it, press the guide button, then go into system settings.. then change date and time..

This will last until you unplug it.. Xbox will default back to original date once unplugged.

Alternative is to allow aurora to sync the time/date

what is NOVA ?

is Lua fully Supported in Aurora ???

Why i can't find tutorial on the web for writing Aurora scripts ??

can i download files from the internet using Aurora ?? if yes how ??

how you guys are developing Aurora ??

On 3/19/2022 at 4:26 PM, player0077 said:

what is NOVA ?

is Lua fully Supported in Aurora ???

Why i can't find tutorial on the web for writing Aurora scripts ??

can i download files from the internet using Aurora ?? if yes how ??

how you guys are developing Aurora ??

Nova is in lay terms, a rewrite of the freestyle plugin.. 

Lua isnt "fully" supported.. 

Check the release page for info on tutorial info

Obviously files can be downloaded via aurora.. as title updates and covers are done this way..

They are using code to dev aurora 😉

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, felida said:

Nova is in lay terms, a rewrite of the freestyle plugin.. 

Lua isnt "fully" supported.. 

Check the release page for info on tutorial info

Obviously files can be downloaded via aurora.. as title updates and covers are done this way.. 

i know it is a Plugin but what does it do ???

so what is supported then(libraries) ???

i did check that page but it nothing much going on 😑

figured that much but what i meant is that from any source with the file size is GBs.

5 hours ago, felida said:

They are using code to dev aurora

i know this already i am CS student but is there an SDK or something or what.

Thanks,

On 3/21/2022 at 7:27 AM, player0077 said:

i know it is a Plugin but what does it do ???

so what is supported then(libraries) ???

i did check that page but it nothing much going on 😑

figured that much but what i meant is that from any source with the file size is GBs.

i know this already i am CS student but is there an SDK or something or what.

Thanks,

The Plugin is basically a dll with a ton of extra features(WebUI, Link, disc swaping, netISO(Not in release version, IFDEF'ed out), HUD changes, etc.....)

As for SDK's, yes, you need the 360 XDK to compile any apps for the 360, and Visual studio 2010/2012..... depends on version of XDK.

As for the source for aurora, that isnt public, and probably wont be for a while. We have been dealing with FSD code leaks, someone else decided to post the code on github without permission, so we have been doing dmca stuff mainly to protect the code, so we can clean it all up, and release it ourselves.

Is it possible to update Aurora without an internet connection?  As soon as I connect my Xbox to the internet, my current Aurora dash crashes immediately.  If it's connected during boot, the loading screen freezes at "Building Title Update Cache" (I think due to the bug the latest update is supposed to fix).  If I plug my ethernet cable in after the dash boots, it immediately freezes where it is, so it seems an online update isn't an option.  Is it possible to update via USB, and if so, how do I do it?  I can get into XeXMenu if it's possible to work from there.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:14 PM, Majoraslayer said:

Is it possible to update Aurora without an internet connection?  As soon as I connect my Xbox to the internet, my current Aurora dash crashes immediately.  If it's connected during boot, the loading screen freezes at "Building Title Update Cache" (I think due to the bug the latest update is supposed to fix).  If I plug my ethernet cable in after the dash boots, it immediately freezes where it is, so it seems an online update isn't an option.  Is it possible to update via USB, and if so, how do I do it?  I can get into XeXMenu if it's possible to work from there.

Use a USB or ftp and copy the new files over

hi guys I have xexmenu 1.2 and I clicked on patchxex on one of my games out of curiosity but now no game is opening and is asking to download again but I have lots of games so I don’t wanna download all of them again just pls helppp

On 10/31/2022 at 7:09 AM, Protector2410 said:

hi guys I have xexmenu 1.2 and I clicked on patchxex on one of my games out of curiosity but now no game is opening and is asking to download again but I have lots of games so I don’t wanna download all of them again just pls helppp

See my reply in your other thread about this topic.