RealModScene
JPizzle

Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0425 by Redline99

=================================================================================

Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0425 by Redline99

Fixed - resetting drive speed back to 5x after use

removed - old standard of putting video layer 1 on layer 0 for xgd1 and xgd2

this is a fix for newer "wave 17" xgd2 discs

Xbox_Backup_Creator_2.9.0.425.zip

Hi,

I been using this program for a while now and it worked great. I went to use it as normal today and it came up with a error 'error 339 mscomctl.ocx'

I tried re-downloading it, to make sure mine wasn't corrupt somehow and it still did the same.

Am guessing it's to do with windows been updated or something.

I tried it on my vista 32 laptop and pc. Also tried in administrator mode.

I googled it and followed a tutorial that had me doing a selective startup on my pc. still no luck.

Any ideas?

If you are using it to convert ISO files... then you can switch to something that doesn't need mscomctl.ocx... like Exiso, Exiso GUI or my side-project which i haven't completed yet: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vppykw (it can extract iso files just fine tho!)

• Like 1

Tried C-Box. kept getting errors.

Your program works great!!!!, thank you sooooo much. So simple to use. (it gave a microsoft  unsigned warning, put me off downloading but I understand why)

Some protection tools given mistakenly a warning message. But the tool is absolutely free from any kind of malware, virus, or other pests.

26 minutes ago, red6ft10 said:

Too bad this is a virus.

This is not a virus, the code is just obfuscated, which trips up a lot of virus scanners, because virus's are often obfuscated as well. Obfuscation is used to stop people from decompiling the code, and understanding how it works. A lot of apps are obfuscated these days, especially apps that depend on the .NET framework, as those can easily be decompiled back to the original code base. Programmers do this to protect their products. Opensource obfuscation tools usually trip up virus scanners, but if you were to actually run the program, and monitor network connections, you will notice that it doesnt touch anything in that department. simple test is to shut down all network apps, and run netstat, to see if it creates a connection to somewhere. Long story short, most virus scanners are crap. They detect non virus's as virus's, and actual virus's are easy as hell to get through them. Trust me, I know, as I have done it on multiple occasions(in a test lab), with all sorts of virus scanners, in all sorts of environments. 

to all those having problems you'll need this file and place it into C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and then open a cmd prompt as admin and cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to this location and then type this regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx and after a few seconds it should give you a successful message. I've included it in the file below.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Capture.PNG

Xbox_Backup_Creator_2.9.0.425.zip