RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
felida

Windows 10

So i made the move to Windows 10 seeing as it was released today.. and i must say, that i do enjoy it.. 

• Like 3

I made the upgrade on a old laptop for now, works great there... gotta figure out a way to make my Windows 8.1 Home allow me to install a legit Windows 10 Pro which is what i have on my other laptop xD

All I did for 8

I made the upgrade on a old laptop for now, works great there... gotta figure out a way to make my Windows 8.1 Home allow me to install a legit Windows 10 Pro which is what i have on my other laptop xD

All I did was right click the icon in system tray to push it to my 8.1 laptop, can't say I'm really happy though. I like the startisback start menu than this new one and the whole OS overall seems to be waaay more resource intensive. I'm getting intermittent lag on my ASUS N56DP, which makes no sense because it has 16gigs of ram and its running on an AMD A10-4600m APU.

haha.. gotta have a win 8 pro or win 7 ultimate.. which is easily find-able m8.. they will not accept a crossover, nor a 32/64 switch.. i learned this the hard way.. haha.. and all damn night of doing pc's around my house..

you could always splurge for the pro upgrade tho.. i just don't see why.. haha

All I did for 8

All I did was right click the icon in system tray to push it to my 8.1 laptop, can't say I'm really happy though. I like the startisback start menu than this new one and the whole OS overall seems to be waaay more resource intensive. I'm getting intermittent lag on my ASUS N56DP, which makes no sense because it has 16gigs of ram and its running on an AMD A10-4600m APU.

Yeah, that won't work for Home -> Pro

haha.. gotta have a win 8 pro or win 7 ultimate.. which is easily find-able m8.. they will not accept a crossover, nor a 32/64 switch.. i learned this the hard way.. haha.. and all damn night of doing pc's around my house..

you could always splurge for the pro upgrade tho.. i just don't see why.. haha

Yeah, i know... :p but... there's always ways... i don't really want to re-install the system just to be eligible for a Pro install... (it takes too much time to do 2 re-installs in a row just to get pro)

You've heard of the bad update they pushed this weekend right? they pushed updates 3 days in a row, last one broke systems...

I also don't really want to pay microshit more then i have to... but... i'm not a big fan of this "Home user? you have 0 control of your computer!" as in; home user -> Forced updates, Pro user -> Feel free to skip out on this bad update if you want :)

You've heard of the bad update they pushed this weekend haven't you? they pushed updates 3 days in a row, the last one they pushed broke some computers...

Yeah, i know... :p but... there's always ways... i don't really want to re-install the system just to be eligible for a Pro install... (it takes too much time to do 2 re-installs in a row just to get pro)

You've heard of the bad update they pushed this weekend right? they pushed updates 3 days in a row, last one broke systems...

I also don't really want to pay microshit more then i have to... but... i'm not a big fan of this "Home user? you have 0 control of your computer!" as in; home user -> Forced updates, Pro user -> Feel free to skip out on this bad update if you want :)

You've heard of the bad update they pushed this weekend haven't you? they pushed updates 3 days in a row, the last one they pushed broke some computers...

i just did all the updates.. and all my pc's work fine.. lolz.. and no i havent heard of the updates that killed PC's.. haha i'll look into that.. might be the "insider" issue that was causing problems.. because they switched up the keys.. lol.. but as far as since it's official release yesterday.. i havent had any problems..

Edit: i also don't have nvidia gfx card in my main PC.. lolz.. but on the pc with it.. no problems.. 

I was hyped for the release of the new system at 29th june, then I saw it was going to be released at 29th july lol

Then I entered the Windows Insider Program to install the beta, and now I have the RTM build for some weeks because we got it sooner (10240 I think)

It's running good on my faptop, I think it's even lighter than Windows 8.1, and that's good for someone like me who don't have the best PC ever but a functional one to what I need to do

I was hyped for the release of the new system at 29th june, then I saw it was going to be released at 29th july lol

Then I entered the Windows Insider Program to install the beta, and now I have the RTM build for some weeks because we got it sooner (10240 I think)

It's running good on my faptop, I think it's even lighter than Windows 8.1, and that's good for someone like me who don't have the best PC ever but a functional one to what I need to do

haha.. just know you signed your rights away joining the insider thing.. as all fook ups will happen to you.. while us regular users wont get the updates that cause y'all problems

I did mine with a precracked 8.1 Enterprise. since I messed up the original OEM 8 on this Asus back when I was try to do dual-boot linux on this bullshit UEFI Bios with the secure boot enabled by default. I did get it to work but it screwed with my restore partitions booting ability (Even when I set the flag to active...)

I really wish Asus had used their desktop and server bios for the laptops instead of that shitty limited one.  T_T

Wow, so to do a clean install, you either have to purchase a W10 license, or (like in my case) upgrade your existing W7/W8.1 installation first to convert your key.

Kudos to M$ for making a free upgrade for the first time. Negative kudos for a bad implementation.

I don't want to risk my W7 installation, so I guess it's snapshot time, lmao.

Wow, so to do a clean install, you either have to purchase a W10 license, or (like in my case) upgrade your existing W7/W8.1 installation first to convert your key.

Kudos to M$ for making a free upgrade for the first time. Negative kudos for a bad implementation.

no, you can do a clean install on a PC that has accepted the reservation.. as the hardware id is saved already.. just skip the key part, and it will auto activate when you connect to the internet.. lolz

no, you can do a clean install on a PC that has accepted the reservation.. as the hardware id is saved already.. just skip the key part, and it will auto activate when you connect to the internet.. lolz

Must work different on VM's. They won't give me a new key until I go through the upgrade process and convert my W7 one. 

edit: I didn't try to skip though, lolz

Just start the installer from your already activated windows 7, select NOT to keep anything and you've got a clean install...

Just start the installer from your already activated windows 7, select NOT to keep anything and you've got a clean install...

Yeah, tried that originally. Gave me some crap about SVGA 3D driver compat. So I can't just run the installer inside VMware, I have to mount as a virtual disc. Nothings easy when emulating, lolz.

I'll get 'er done one way or another though. Going to run a backup and then just upgrade tomorrow.

Just installed got to say quite impressed kicks ass off windows 8 and is a little faster than win 7 in tests i done so far

Sent from the race car behind ricky bobby.

haha.. just know you signed your rights away joining the insider thing.. as all fook ups will happen to you.. while us regular users wont get the updates that cause y'all problems

I got out of it yesterday, hehe

If anyone's interested, you can enter the Insider Program through the Windows Update section on the settings menu, just take a look around :p

Damn microshit a-holes, i chose not to connect to open hotspots and whatnot... despite that, what did the setting say? the total opposite!

Beware of that flaw in the settings... you may end up with a surprise if you don't disable it (a.k.a. emptied bank accounts if you're doing something like that while on the run)

Damn microshit a-holes, i chose not to connect to open hotspots and whatnot... despite that, what did the setting say? the total opposite!

Beware of that flaw in the settings... you may end up with a surprise if you don't disable it (a.k.a. emptied bank accounts if you're doing something like that while on the run)

As I said earlier, I put it on this laptop as a test, and so far I'm really not impressed at all with Microshaft....

The targeted ads are understandable but the hard disk scanning for illegal content? What the fuck (excuse the language) happened to personal property and intellectual property rights? Honestly this is complete bullshit on their part in my opinion. The fact that you have to login to live and browse to a webpage to disable two advert features from the computer, seriously.... really???  I have to go online and login to a live account to opt out of an invasion of my privacy??

wow.......

Not to mention that everyone's hardware ID's have now been logged into a huge database

Makes me wish I'd done the install on a VM instead of my main on this laptop. I'm not too worried if it bothers me enough I'll backup my archival media and do a clean install after a complete drive wipe. As always, M$ has left a very bad taste in my mouth...

Shiny, Looks neat, don't get me wrong, but damn.... the whole world bent over at the waist for this one brother......  xD

Another thing people need to be on the watch out for with Windows 10, It uses your bandwidth to deliver updates in a torrent style fashion.....

How "Cool" is that?

Thanks to Bob Dobalina for sharing this post via my Facebook, I thought I'd extend the courtesy since I know you guys probably don't want this feature enabled either....

So go: start // Settings // Updates // Advanced Options // Choose how updates are delivered // Turn updates from more than one place OFF

Swizzy, this may be why you were having hot spot issues, the updater can push updates to all other windows 10 computers on a locally connected network....    o.0

http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/windows-10-update.html

• Like 1

Well if you really want pro you could try just manually downloading the pro version.

Well if you really want pro you could try just manually downloading the pro version.

It won't activate ;)

It won't activate ;)

You have to install as an upgrade from Windows 7/8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk