RealModScene
Matheus Albuquerque

[Help] Bug on Aurora

Hi, im new here, I haven't see anything about this issue on xbox, that happen on the boot when the Xbox is about to open a box shows up and say erro bad string I don't know what is it, I never have issues on xbox like this. Plz help me.there goes a picture.sPJaM8.jpg

It's probably an error caused by a bad translation?

That screenshot would help alot more then the text you described...

The bad string is defined in Aurora, and is used when a locale string is not available. I assume you have a crash before that part even.

Best guess is download the complete package and put it on an usb stick with a launch.ini pointing to that new install.

Hi guys, I have posted this issue elsewhere and was pointed towards this website, ive done a quick search on this topic "bad string" and found 3 posts on this site which all have different answers.

My issue is since downloading aurora 0.6b through the aurora xbox360 dash, the message will intermittently come up, i think 3 times in the 1st 20 boots after the updated aurora was installed, then it was fine for a while, then the message popped up 3 times in a row on the next 3 reboots. it doesnt seem to hamper the console in any way, that i know of. its just a concerning message that means nothing to me but may be more serious than i think, or something i dont need to worry about.

if anyone has any advice, or can tell me what it means, or what i can do to get rid of the message, that would be great

if any other information is req'd, let me know what you need. i hope someone can help or steer me in the right direction

cheers

When does it happen to you? and what language are you using on your console (what language pack is Aurora using)?

Mattie explained above what it means, there is no localization for that particular translatable item, which means it prints that to show us there is a issue with the language pack

Thanks Swizzy for your time, 1st and foremost.

Lately ive been doing alot of TU updates and entering DLC's so alot of rebooting has been done by me lately. So after aurora 0.6b was installed, there was no message of bad string, until about the 5th time i turned the console on, the aurora screen comes on and then the game and content checks at the bottom right of the screen does its thing, once thats done and the dash comes up the message will appear only for a few seconds straight after the dash loads to the game list screen (but i dont think this message hammpers the console, the message goes away and everything seems normal), since then the message has only came up a few more times over the next 20 restarts. unti the other night when the message came on 3 times in a row.

As far as i know, i have always used engish and have not changed the language, is this something i may need to check? the ony other altercation i made was with the weather app, i changed the script of the weather from F to C, but couldnt say if it started after or before i changed that

If its only something to do with language pack and isnt a big concern, then i can live with it. but i read one of the posts saying it may be a bad HDD, which got me concerned, but in that other post there was no confirmmation if it was the HDD or not

Thanks Swizzy for your time, 1st and foremost.

Lately ive been doing alot of TU updates and entering DLC's so alot of rebooting has been done by me lately. So after aurora 0.6b was installed, there was no message of bad string, until about the 5th time i turned the console on, the aurora screen comes on and then the game and content checks at the bottom right of the screen does its thing, once thats done and the dash comes up the message will appear only for a few seconds straight after the dash loads to the game list screen (but i dont think this message hammpers the console, the message goes away and everything seems normal), since then the message has only came up a few more times over the next 20 restarts. unti the other night when the message came on 3 times in a row.

As far as i know, i have always used engish and have not changed the language, is this something i may need to check? the ony other altercation i made was with the weather app, i changed the script of the weather from F to C, but couldnt say if it started after or before i changed that

If its only something to do with language pack and isnt a big concern, then i can live with it. but i read one of the posts saying it may be a bad HDD, which got me concerned, but in that other post there was no confirmmation if it was the HDD or not

If/when it happens again, can you copy the debug.log from your console? It may tell us more about where exactly the issue is at...

It's overwritten everytime you start Aurora, so it won't help if you didn't get it like right now...

Sent from my SM-G903F

i thought aurora backed up previous logs on game launch. My log directory is full of logs with timestamps.

Those are crashes, it moves the current log to debug.log.old or something like that, but that's it... start Aurora more then once and the information is lost... unless you had a crash...

Anything else would cause the data storage to increase ALOT every time you wanted to play a game... who wants that?

the bad string message has been popped up again, i could not copy the debug.log file, it would come up with an error, but the debug.log.last file was under the debug.log file. so i have attached that file Swizzy for you to have a look at, so i hope that helps, if not let me know... or tell me how to copy that debug.log file, it just would not copy onto a usb stick for me

debug.log.last

32 minutes ago, Denver358 said:

the bad string message has been popped up again, i could not copy the debug.log file, it would come up with an error, but the debug.log.last file was under the debug.log file. so i have attached that file Swizzy for you to have a look at, so i hope that helps, if not let me know... or tell me how to copy that debug.log file, it just would not copy onto a usb stick for me

debug.log.last

debug.log.last is the debug log from the previous time you ran Aurora, did you restart Aurora after having the message pop up? if not - restart it and send the new debug.log.last

13 minutes ago, Swizzy said:

debug.log.last is the debug log from the previous time you ran Aurora, did you restart Aurora after having the message pop up? if not - restart it and send the new debug.log.last

damn it... the bad string message came up, i copied that file i sent you and played a game for a bit, turned off the game and console and read your message, i went to reboot the xbox360 and it bloody froze once it got to the aurora screen. will the log still be there or will i have to wait for the bad string message again?? then turn off the console and restart it, then copy the debug.log.last file again??

thanks for helping, im off to bed now, so ill see your response some time tomorrow, cheers

46 minutes ago, Denver358 said:

damn it... the bad string message came up, i copied that file i sent you and played a game for a bit, turned off the game and console and read your message, i went to reboot the xbox360 and it bloody froze once it got to the aurora screen. will the log still be there or will i have to wait for the bad string message again?? then turn off the console and restart it, then copy the debug.log.last file again??

thanks for helping, im off to bed now, so ill see your response some time tomorrow, cheers

You will have to wait as the freeze you had will likely have overwritten the debug.log.last, it does this everytime you start Aurora, debug.log is the log for the currently running instance of Aurora (or previous if you're not running Aurora in that folder) while debug.log.last is the one from the previous run, it begins by copying the current debug.log file to debug.log.last then starts logging current events...

18 hours ago, Swizzy said:

You will have to wait as the freeze you had will likely have overwritten the debug.log.last, it does this everytime you start Aurora, debug.log is the log for the currently running instance of Aurora (or previous if you're not running Aurora in that folder) while debug.log.last is the one from the previous run, it begins by copying the current debug.log file to debug.log.last then starts logging current events...

ok i will wait until the bad string message comes back, then turn off the console and start it up again to copy the debug.log.last file, thanks swizzy for the info

On 02/02/2017 at 1:04 AM, Swizzy said:

Ok Swizzy, here is the debug.log.last file i got after the bad string message had come up and then i turned off the console and rebooted and then copied the file which is listed below, see what you can find in the file bud, cheers

debug.log.last

debug.log.last

got some more errors from tonights session

debug.log.last

debug.log.last

Does anybody know how to recify this intermittent "bad string" error? i have posted some logs from when the errors had occured