RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
LitrosNub

LiNK Not working...

Well I can't find anything that helps me. So I'm posting this.

Here's my scenaro:

I setup System Link Successfully, like in the picture:

http://imgur.com/NH14Huo

Then when I try Black Ops 2, I get greeted with this error (happens with all games):

http://imgur.com/k6xiNoH

Although refreshing a ton of times seems to fix that, I still get this when I try to join games:

http://imgur.com/uy6h5Kq

Also I have set the Static thingy to see if it works, I didn't know what I was doing either....

http://imgur.com/g1L3xkL

Any help will be appreciated. Also here's some things to consider:

Latest FSD

Latest Dashlaunch

Black Ops 2 All DLC + Final Title Update (18)

Dash: 16756

• Like 1

That portforward you setup is bad...

It redirects any traffic on ports 3071-3075 to port 3071 on your internal network... either way, that should only have an effect if hosting, not playing...

That portforward you setup is bad...

It redirects any traffic on ports 3071-3075 to port 3071 on your internal network... either way, that should only have an effect if hosting, not playing...

I don't plan on Hosting any time soon, only want to join games...

Well here's some news:

I got Aurora running, still nothing, I get a pass on everything but cannot join games still.

Got a friends copy of MW3, doesn't work still. Errors when connecting. Does anyone know why this is happening? I really want to try Link but no one is helping...

Sorry to say that but I don't know whats going on and really want to fix it. It bugs me that I cannot connect to Link for an unknown reason.

Got a friends copy of MW3, doesn't work still. Errors when connecting. Does anyone know why this is happening? I really want to try Link but no one is helping...

Sorry to say that but I don't know whats going on and really want to fix it. It bugs me that I cannot connect to Link for an unknown reason.

It's not like we've got 24/7 support going on around here, and you can't expect everyone to be able to pin point the EXACT issue in your case without actually testing a ton of things, this is a free network based service which MAY end up NOT working for SOME ppl depending on their connection aswell...

On that note, you seem to be having connection issues with the server from your console, perhaps trying out a different router, or putting your console in DMZ might help, or even rebooting things... It could also be a temporary issue with the server, i saw something about that today in the forums, maybe try again a couple of times during the week at different times?

It's not like we've got 24/7 support going on around here, and you can't expect everyone to be able to pin point the EXACT issue in your case without actually testing a ton of things, this is a free network based service which MAY end up NOT working for SOME ppl depending on their connection aswell...

On that note, you seem to be having connection issues with the server from your console, perhaps trying out a different router, or putting your console in DMZ might help, or even rebooting things... It could also be a temporary issue with the server, i saw something about that today in the forums, maybe try again a couple of times during the week at different times?

Alrighty, thanks I'll try that... I saw the compatible routers list and I have one of them. Although it's the one I'm using doing all this testing. It's weird that I see a ton of people on BO2 and MW3 when I can't connect when I see open lobbies just fine. 

Also what is putting the console on 'DMZ'

Also sorry for being a whiny b**ch... I don't know what got to me :(

DMZ is a feature most routers have which basically puts them completely exposed to the internet (no firewall in the way) it's mainly meant for testing purposes, such as this... if it works there, something is wrong with your router settings, if it still don't work it might be something with your modem/connection/ISP

DMZ is a feature most routers have which basically puts them completely exposed to the internet (no firewall in the way) it's mainly meant for testing purposes, such as this... if it works there, something is wrong with your router settings, if it still don't work it might be something with your modem/connection/ISP

Doesn't work... called my ISP and they said theres nothing they can do to fix it. My ISP is Cox. Also reset my router settings. Looks like a new router is needed...