RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Matan Sabag

how can I add a video to a templated skin?

What template are you using? Because it depends on the template/skin you're working off of from.

First you need to extract the *.xzp file using the XZP tool.

Then, depending on the skin, you simply put the video in its designated folder (overwrite it, same name).

BlackEX, for example, has the video in the "Video" folder where the skin.xml file is located: BlackEX/Video/videofile.wmv
But I've encountered another skin, I unfortunately forget the original name, where the vid file was inside: SkinName/Images/Mod/Video/videofile.wmv

Just go through the folders of your template and you'll find the video file.

As for the format, I use Sony Vegas, and encode it to WMV V9. It has to be V9, otherwise it won't show up in the skin, at least from my experience.

Lastly, once the skin is active on your FSD, make sure you go to "Appearance" and turn the video on, unless you already know how to set up your SkinSettings.xml.

What template are you using? Because it depends on the template/skin you're working off of from.

First you need to extract the *.xzp file using the XZP tool.

Then, depending on the skin, you simply put the video in its designated folder (overwrite it, same name).

BlackEX, for example, has the video in the "Video" folder where the skin.xml file is located: BlackEX/Video/videofile.wmv

But I've encountered another skin, I unfortunately forget the original name, where the vid file was inside: SkinName/Images/Mod/Video/videofile.wmv

Just go through the folders of your template and you'll find the video file.

As for the format, I use Sony Vegas, and encode it to WMV V9. It has to be V9, otherwise it won't show up in the skin, at least from my experience.

Lastly, once the skin is active on your FSD, make sure you go to "Appearance" and turn the video on, unless you already know how to set up your SkinSettings.xml.

you have a garden video skin for me to use ? use aurora 0.5 sorry English, translator use