RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Weevil

I got Aurora, but not sure if right...

Hi!

Ok, I posted elsewhere on this forum, asking for help to get my XBOX to play online. I have / had what seem to be FSD3. I downloaded both Dashlaunch, and Aurora, and then used Dashlaunch to update my Launch.ini to point to Aurora. It boots into Aurora now. 

I then try to link my Unity account. It fails to get an API. It does so in a splitsecond. So, not even sure if it really goes online. xhttps is enabled in dashlaunch.

Did I do something wrong? Or do I just wait it out... The error does include "...try again later."

• Like 1

Hi!

Ok, I posted elsewhere on this forum, asking for help to get my XBOX to play online. I have / had what seem to be FSD3. I downloaded both Dashlaunch, and Aurora, and then used Dashlaunch to update my Launch.ini to point to Aurora. It boots into Aurora now. 

I then try to link my Unity account. It fails to get an API. It does so in a splitsecond. So, not even sure if it really goes online. xhttps is enabled in dashlaunch.

Did I do something wrong? Or do I just wait it out... The error does include "...try again later."

I would check that the console can actually connect to the internet at all...

• Like 1

Log into your xbox unity account on a PC ,go into settings ,RESET API KEY ,then copy that key and manually type that into your API key field on your xbox 360 in Aurora , give it a try and see if that helps ,also make sure that your Dashlaunch settings are configured 100% to what is required for Aurora to work with UNITY.

Log into your xbox unity account on a PC ,go into settings ,RESET API KEY ,then copy that key and manually type that into your API key field on your xbox 360 in Aurora , give it a try and see if that helps ,also make sure that your Dashlaunch settings are configured 100% to what is required for Aurora to work with UNITY.

It's better to have your console request the APIKey ;)

• Like 1

Ok, no joy yet on playing online, but I will pursue that separately. For now though, this morning when I started up my Xbox, it booted back to FSD. I then went to games,and launched Aurora from there. When I got into Aurora, it is like it is a clean install? All the covers I downloaded are gone? Also the TU's?   

I got it to boot into Aurora by editing the launch.ini file.

What would cause this?

Ok, seems if I have my USB stick in the XBOX it boots to Aurora, and all my covers are there... But I am pretty sure the Launch.ini refers to Aurora on the HDD... 

Xbox read the launch file from the USB? Not from the HDD, when the USB gets removed, it searches the HDD for a launch file. Then it would find the old Launch file. 

Now made sure the copy worked, and I am sorted! Thanks! Launching into Aurora again. 

Now just back to issue of not being able to play. Compatibility packs probably being my problem.

It's better to have your console request the APIKey ;)

@Swizzy ,Understood ,but OP said that his console is failing to get API key which is why I told him to go the manual route.

@Swizzy ,Understood ,but OP said that his console is failing to get API key which is why I told him to go the manual route.

When it's failing, it's because of a connection issue, or because the OP wrote the wrong username/password combination

• Like 1