RealModScene
xDRAGONxLuky

[LiNK] System link not loading and disconnecting

is there any particular reason why system link is having really big problems lately?

system link is not loading (have to refresh several times so that it shows rooms) and you get disconnected several times per hour. even in a room with password and only few people in it. And i know its not only my problem because a lot of people told me that system link isnt loading for them and when i get disconnected and i reconnect i see that all other people were also disconnected. and also when i get disconnected, realmodscene and xbox unity do not work on pc. they are just loading (also doesnt work on my phone using data, so its not a problem on my side). and also system link had only 100 players on bo2 when it happened today (usually there are atleast 200 players online at this hour and the only downside is that it loads slow).

today it was disconnecting every few minutes for 2 hours now and counting. but latelly (like past 2 weeks or so) it happens more and more often.

and the issue of not loading the rooms is happening a lot, and therefore you have to refresh even more.

i dont wanna bitch about it, since i play for free but i am just wondering what is wrong, and maybe notice the developers if they did not notice it.

• Like 6

Same here... I have to hit refresh several times...

i could live with that. biggest probem is that it is disconnecting you from the game :(

• Like 1

Hello, yeah Luky, that's very true, you said it all and it only started recently I think. This is what I meant by asking you what's going on with LiNK. I hope the devs pay attention to your thread and big thanks to them all for the very admirable and hard work.

Last night we were kicked out of our private rooms like in 3 minute intervals, we were unable to play.

Yeah this seems to be a very recent thing.

Are there recently any server problems or is this just kinda "normal" now, because of increasing player numbers or something?

• Like 2

Last night we were kicked out of our private rooms like in 3 minute intervals, we were unable to play.

Yeah this seems to be a very recent thing.

Are there recently any server problems or is this just kinda "normal" now, because of increasing player numbers or something?

It's something that happened after the last maintenance... not sure exactly what the cause is right now...

• Like 2

Same thing happening here.. It's about a week since I tried connecting with system link, beginning with COD Black ops 2.. everything went great but once I enter the rooms , try connecting to servers or try create my own, it keeps disconnecting .. the longest gameplay I've been through is about 40 sec or 50 sec :(. Hope everything goes right as soon as possible.

• Like 2

Just found the solution .. yeah :D I deleted COD Black ops 2 folder from HDD with XEX MENU , copied it again from PC and put it back into HDD once more , start the game and played smoothly without any problem :). GOOD LUCK Guys.

I don't know if it works for you guys but worked for mé perfectly. Just give it a try and it might work as well :) Try to change The name and the place of the Game folder. Best of luck n_n.

I don't know if it works for you guys but worked for mé perfectly. Just give it a try and it might work as well :) Try to change The name and the place of the Game folder. Best of luck n_n.

It's a coincidence... we've been fixing things on the server recently, this might have helped aswell, or you had something with your connection being fixed by your ISP or something... this happens all the time, moving the game or re-uploading it or whatever makes 0 difference, the only difference it could possibly make is if the game wasn't working in the first place (giving you actual errors not related to the connection) then yes, it'd make a difference to re-upload the game... but... that's not the case here is it?

• Like 3

It's a coincidence... we've been fixing things on the server recently, this might have helped aswell, or you had something with your connection being fixed by your ISP or something... this happens all the time, moving the game or re-uploading it or whatever makes 0 difference, the only difference it could possibly make is if the game wasn't working in the first place (giving you actual errors not related to the connection) then yes, it'd make a difference to re-upload the game... but... that's not the case here is it?

I am unable to Authenticate my account and get error with API request when I type in password. So it obviously fails the veryification test on ports and account. Is this a server issue or my set up?

If it works on your PC but not on the console, it's something you're doing wrong on the console...

thank you a lot for fixing things :)

yesterday i played for few hours and until 9pm CET, everything wak ok (few times rooms failed to load, but i did not get disconnected at all which is the most important part), but after 9pm it was really bad. the whole link got disconected all the time. and i checked several times and there were around 200 people on bo2 (few months ago, before the problem started i saw 300 people often and the only thing wrong was that rooms were loading really slow, but otherwise it worked. so its not the problem that to many people connect).

If it works on your PC but not on the console, it's something you're doing wrong on the console...

Yes but do you have any Ideas where I can start to Diagnose?

Yes but do you have any Ideas where I can start to Diagnose?

Make sure you have xhttp enabled in dashlaunch, make sure you write your password/username with the correct upper/lower case characters

Make sure you have xhttp enabled in dashlaunch, make sure you write your password/username with the correct upper/lower case characters

But of caorse that has been done. Maybe I need somone to attempt to log me in to check that the current password and user name works on a Xbox 360. Like a Admin or something I think the issue is with the server.

@ "Devs" I dont want to be ungrateful, you did a really great job, but I really think you should look into these problems if you have the time for this. I noticed that many people and also some of my friends don't want to play, because they know they are going to disconnect/lose the connection to the room and "the game is over" and we must restart. We also get many times this "server connection timed out" thing, which makes us unable to join rooms, which we would have lost the connection to anyway.

One thing I also noticed (not sure about this):

If you are the leader and lose the connection to the room, it looks like the player who most recently joined becomes the leader. This is the opposite of what you wanted to implement later. Is there any way to do that now? Because like this it happens very often that we lose the leadership and someone who just joined the room and doesnt understand us/doesnt have a mic becomes the leader and more people with bad connections join, who we cant kick, and the game becomes unplayable, so we have to create a new room.
Of course we could create a room with a password, but we would like to meet new people as long as their connection is good in our game, we dont want to exclude them.

Update: I can sign into xboxunity.net on the website now but I still can't get on link or verify on my Xbox. 

I found how I can get on the xboxunity.net and login (refer to here)-------->    websitehttp://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5690-i-cant-sign-in-please-help/

Any help getting the Xbox logged in and veryified would be greatly appreciated.

I resolved my issue! See above linked thread!

You know you can link directly to your post by copying the link from the post # in the top right of each post, right. That way when the other thread gets 10 pages longer, this post will still make sense.

• Like 1

Right now for example its impossible to play again, because we keep getting disconnected from the room. This is really annoying, because if the leader gets disconnected in every case the player who joined the room most recently becomes the leader, and in like 80% of cases its someone with a really bad ping who doesn't have a mic and wont give use the leadership back. 5 minutes later the room is full of South American players (who probably disconnected from their rooms as well) even though it is tagged as "EU". So just then the game isnt playable and full of laggers and we cannot do anything about it but creating a new room, which we will lose the connection to anyway. It really is impossible to play at weekends. Also me and my friends are experiencing another problem when we are in the LiNK menus. Sometimes it is just shutting down our consoles, this doesnt happen when normally playing, only if we are joining a room or pressing A on a players name.

• Like 2

I must tell the same as Falaga and Luky at weekends its imposible to play i host alot but players keaps disconncting you must refresh link million time just to open wen you press join room again million time refresh and on and on so can you please fix this and if i create room if i got disconnected no other shud get the leadership THANKS FOR FIXING

• Like 2

Most of this will be fixed/implemented in LiNK v2 which comes with NOVA...