RealModScene
HowlingWolfe93

[Aurora] New Ideas For Aurora/LiNK

PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ENTIRE TOPIC BEFORE POSTING ANY COMMENTS

Okay so before I begin, I should point out now that my ideas mainly have to do the with the new Aurora Plugin. (None of this has anything to do with the F3 Plugin.) There was a lot of confusion because I never stated that in older topics/posts. All of this contributes to the Xbox itself and doing everything from there. No more need for a computer to look for friends or "finding out the hard way" if someone speaks a language you understand, etc. My idea/s are exactly what they are, ideas. I am actually not making any of this happen, simply because I am not capable, and I am not part of the dev team. (Please don't ask or assume that I am.) I will periodically update this post as well as my pictures and picture descriptions to further explain what my ideas are. I will even point out what changes I've made to the updated pictures. Most common questions will be answered for you in the description of each picture. Now, here are my ideas and what I would very much like to see for the future of Aurora and LiNK. Enjoy!

Rules

• Please re-read topic if it's been updated
  • Do not ask questions unless you've actually read this topic, as that is plain laziness
  • Do not be rude
  • Do not make complaints
  • Do not not argue with one another
  • If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it
  • Be careful how you post your comments, as someone could take something the wrong way
  • Do not mention "block wi-fi users" as it has been overly discussed, and is not possible

Follow these simple rules, and you'll be just fine. If you do not follow them, your comments will be treated as spam and will be requested to be removed. Reasons why I have this rule set is simply because there has been a lot of unnecessary bickering/arguing and I don't want to put up with it anymore. If there is an idea that you feel like that may not work, please let me know and explain why. If you have suggestions of your own, don't be afraid to post your thoughts. And of course, if you may have questions about something that has not been explained on here, just ask. ;)

RED texts are important
BLUE texts are examples

post-45795-0-30523800-1438922110_thumb.jpg post-45795-0-96670600-1438922110_thumb.jpg post-45795-0-48025500-1438922111_thumb.jpg
These pictures above are just an example of what I would like to see for the Xbox Guide. The following pictures below are part of the idea.

Player Search
post-45795-0-38235100-1438922130_thumb.png
On the Player Search tab, you can see all players/users who play on LiNK. (It won't matter if they are in a game or on Aurora, they'll still show up.) When you are on the Player Search tab, it will show all players by default. You would be able to either search for a specific player/user or you can scroll through all of them. (Which would take forever and is why this part coming up is awesome and important.) You would also have the option to click on this button here called "Filter."

Filter
post-45795-0-38903100-1438922131_thumb.png post-45795-0-19105300-1438922132_thumb.png
This Filter button allows you to...well, filter of course. LOL! You can either view all players (which is default) sort out by Friends, Recent Players (I'm not even sure if this is possible,) Lobby (In game only,) Language, and Region! (Region is just a thought. Not an official "would want" option.) Now, some of you are probably curious, (As I had to explain it 100 times over in other topics/forums.) this Filter will not ban or kick someone out of a game just because of your settings in the Filter. It's just for viewing players, THAT'S IT!

Language
post-45795-0-68694000-1438922133_thumb.png
The language selection is to sort out people who play on LiNK that speak the language you have selected. The point of this is to find other people who speak the same language as you do. Then you could message them, friend request, etc. There will be other languages to choose from of course.
*All it does is show the people who have that language set for their spoken language, not play with only those people! It will not boot people off a room!*
I see 3 different ways of making this possible.
A: The Aurora plugin "pulls" your info from your Xbox (NXE) settings. Example: Xbox Home>Settings>System Settings>Language.
B: The Aurora plugin "pulls" your info from your Aurora settings.
C: An update created for the Unity website, so that way when you go into your account settings, you select your spoken language and region. As long as people will have to select rather than type in their info, It won't matter if someone would lie about their language to play online. And if someone doesn't want to sate their region, there could be an option saying something like "unchanged" or something.That way no one is forced to state their info. (Aside from email of course.)

Region
post-45795-0-17247200-1438922133_thumb.png
As stated above, it was just a thought, not an "official want." It would work the same way as language. (Info pulled from console or Unity account settings.)

post-45795-0-16532200-1438922144_thumb.png post-45795-0-49871400-1438922144_thumb.png
This is just a basic idea, but mainly I want "Private Messaging." The devs have been working on a "Chat Room." (The Chat Room is for when you are in a game room. Or at least I believe so.) That's fine, but I don't wanna "have to" be in a game, just to send a message to one of my friends. I don't think it would be possible to send a message to someone if they're offline. (Which kinda makes sense I guess.) But I hope this will eventually come.

Player Options
post-45795-0-30219500-1438922134_thumb.png post-45795-0-30458700-1438922135_thumb.png post-45795-0-30916800-1438922136_thumb.png post-45795-0-95767600-1438922136_thumb.png
This is what happens when you select a player/user. If a player/user has been blocked, you will not receive any Messages or Game Invites from him/her and they can not join your room (A room that you have created, not public rooms.) There is also an option on here called "Send Game Invite." The only way I see it being possible is to be in the game that you are playing first, then you could send the Invite. Send Game Invite is basically a "Pre-made message." Example: I am playing on Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. One of my friends in online, he is on Aurora or on a different game. After I send him the invite, he'll get a notification. (It would popup like an achievement.) It would say "You Received A Game Invite." When my friend checks his messages, it will say what game I am playing, what game room I'm in, and what Title Update I'm on too.

Report Player
post-45795-0-63586800-1438922143_thumb.png
This is the exact 100% same thing as Room Ban, just renamed. It has nothing to do with the Report Player option from the F3 Plugin. Basically, before you ban someone from a room, you select a reason why you want to ban him/her from the room. Example: You're online, and someone is using vulgar language, cheating, or maybe both. Then you can ban that person for a longer period of time, rather than 1 or 2 hours. Something that would be nice is that a host can be kicked, but not banned. Example: I am playing Halo: Reach. There are 9 other players. I am the host. I'm away for a long time. (And nobody wants to wait.) I come back and I see that I've been kicked out of the room for Inactivity, but I can re-join at anytime. (If possible, when you report someone with a reason, a "LiNK Monitoring Team" gets a notification on that player who has been reported and why.) This makes sense to me:

• Inactivity = 0 Hours (Kicked From Room)
  • Poor Connection = 1 Hour (Blocked From Room)
  • Inappropriate Behavior = 6 Hours (Blocked From Room)
  • Cheating = 12 Hours (Blocked From Room)
  • Other = 24 Hours. (Blocked From Room)

Thank you for taking your time to read my topic. I'd also like to thank everyone part of the development team for helping all of us. Thank you RMS!

Edited by DustinWolfe117
  • Like 2

and apparently you didn't read your other post.. reporting player was removed by the staff..

messaging will be added in Nova.. so no need for "inviting".. as that really treads close to M$ stuff(might be added tho?).. (and no real need to ask for it, as it is coming)

the "Language" thing, is set by selecting your "Region" when creating your room, or by the Matchmaking Area (and someone can EASILY LIE about it)

now, you REALLY should just have posted in your ORIGINAL thread.. instead of creating a new one..

and YOU cannot close a thread, only MODz can.. IF they will.. 

I would like to apologize for removing my topic. I was having a problem with someone, as he was saying there was somebody after my information. (Name, phone number, location, email, Skype, etc.) I had also found out that this someone was just doing this because of this topic I started. I would like to say that I am trying my best to come up with ideas. NOBODY'S PERFECT! I also don't have alot of time as I now currently have a job. However, I will finish re-uploading my topic sometime this weekend. So I would like to thank all of you for your support and patience, thanks! ;)

I would like to apologize for removing my topic. I was having a problem with someone, as he was saying there was somebody after my information. (Name, phone number, location, email, Skype, etc.) I had also found out that this someone was just doing this because of this topic I started. I would like to say that I am trying my best to come up with ideas. NOBODY'S PERFECT! I also don't have alot of time as I now currently have a job. However, I will finish re-uploading my topic sometime this weekend. So I would like to thank all of you for your support and patience, thanks! ;)

that sounds like some paranoid stuff there m8.. haha

I really like your ideas. Too bad the Report function will most likely not be implemented, because people would abuse it. And beginners would have trouble telling cheaters from good players.

About game inviting: I think after accepting an invitation the Plugin could check the games Path from the Aurora Folder and Launch it.

About Recent Players: I am sure the Plugin Couldnt Tell Players you played with from players you were in a room with.

One thing i would love to have in a new plugin is being able to choose while creating a room wether players who play on wifi can join or not.

Also it would be useful if you could add more than just 1 language. And another thing: yes you can easily Lie about it, but I mean who cares? Its the persons Problem and it isnt Harming anyone. I am excited for more!

• Like 1

I really like your ideas. Too bad the Report function will most likely not be implemented, because people would abuse it. And beginners would have trouble telling cheaters from good players.

About game inviting: I think after accepting an invitation the Plugin could check the games Path from the Aurora Folder and Launch it.

About Recent Players: I am sure the Plugin Couldnt Tell Players you played with from players you were in a room with.

One thing i would love to have in a new plugin is being able to choose while creating a room wether players who play on wifi can join or not.

Also it would be useful if you could add more than just 1 language. And another thing: yes you can easily Lie about it, but I mean who cares? Its the persons Problem and it isnt Harming anyone. I am excited for more!

Well I'm glad someone likes my idea and that I'm finally getting some comments. I worked hard on those pics and all I had was the simple Paint program provided by Microsoft. (I have Photoshop, but I don't know how to use it yet.)

Also, about what you commented on for Report Player, we don't really know if it will happen or not. As I stated on the topic that it is the same thing as Room Ban, just renamed. And it won't matter if (for the lying part) if someone lied about their info, if the plugin is pulling the info based on your settings from the official dash (NXE) Obviously, your not going to have your language set as something you don't understand. So you can't lie about that...duh. ;) And there was something specific about selecting what country you live in on NXE but I can't remember what it was for. Maybe something to do with timezone? IDK

But there's about 20-30 people I know that have Xbox 360's and would love to play on LiNK if my idea happens. (Yes they speak English.)

I'll be doing more work on this when I can. Kinda hard to do the stuff you want to when you're doing the things you need to do. What games do you play on LiNK?

If anyone has some ideas for the remaining option on Report Player, PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS! Anything to fill that gap that would make sense. Report Player description has also been updated.

• Like 1

Maybe it shouldnt extract the data from the NXE, because many people dont even use it and most likely never set the settings up. Also i know many people who arent English, who have their NXE in English.

I often play Black Ops 2, would also like to play Modern Warfare 3 but there are too many cheaters.

Regarding the kick options, it would be nice to have 0min kick option to kick inactive players.

In my opinion there shoud be this options:

-o min kick (inactive players)

-1 hour kick (if someones connection is bad because he is downloading or uploading something)

-block (cheaters and those with really bad connection or from far away)

You would kick someone for "inappropriate behaviour"? yust use the mute button. And if someone is cheating you would ban him for only 12h? Cheating should not be tolerated. They are destroying the game. They should be blocked.

Also as falaga aready said there should be an option when creating a room named "block wifi users", because really weird stuff happens in game because of wifi users. They should be able to see the room but when they want to enter a message would appear: "you cant yoin the room because you play on wifi" (or something like that). This would motivate people to set up wired connection. I know few people that use wifi and than complain about connection but they dont want to set up wired connection because they are lazy.

Everyone needs to do his best so that his connecion is as good as possible so that he is not dragging down everyone else. But since people dont give a s***, we have to force them to do it.

Report function will never work since players are accused of cheating all the time. If you are better than an average player you are accused of cheating. Report function is useless and will never work. We would need cheat protection which as stated from the devs is impossible.

• Like 1

Honestly, i'm not sure sure there is a way for us to tell whether or not the user is connected using wifi at this time... maybe there, maybe there isn't... if there isn't a way to tell the difference between cable and wifi, there's nothing we can do on that end...

The report function would work if it was monitored by our moderation staff, there will be more moderators down the road, some of which are actively playing themselves, over time we'll be able to spot the cheaters based on reports and actual gameplay... so, it would work...

Well I don't remember saying anything about Wi-Fi users. Although, really the best (and only) way to tell if someone has a poor connection, is by pressing (what ever button is assigned) the scoreboard in-game. It shows a connection bar after their Gamer Tag. The game would lag alot if someone has a poor connection.

Plus, if someone was worried about someone cheating, they can block them. So let's say for example: I use trainers, if you want to block me, and when you create an open or private room, I can't join unless you unblock me. Same goes for messages and game invitations. That should be on the Player Options menu idea. (I actually don't use trainers. The only time I really used one was for Call of Duty: Ghosts to get Ghost's mask.)

Regarding the kick options, it would be nice to have 0min kick option to kick inactive players.

In my opinion there shoud be this options:

-o min kick (inactive players)

-1 hour kick (if someones connection is bad because he is downloading or uploading something)

-block (cheaters and those with really bad connection or from far away)

You would kick someone for "inappropriate behaviour"? yust use the mute button. And if someone is cheating you would ban him for only 12h? Cheating should not be tolerated. They are destroying the game. They should be blocked.

Also as falaga aready said there should be an option when creating a room named "block wifi users", because really weird stuff happens in game because of wifi users. They should be able to see the room but when they want to enter a message would appear: "you cant yoin the room because you play on wifi" (or something like that). This would motivate people to set up wired connection. I know few people that use wifi and than complain about connection but they dont want to set up wired connection because they are lazy.

Everyone needs to do his best so that his connecion is as good as possible so that he is not dragging down everyone else. But since people dont give a s***, we have to force them to do it.

Report function will never work since players are accused of cheating all the time. If you are better than an average player you are accused of cheating. Report function is useless and will never work. We would need cheat protection which as stated from the devs is impossible.

We shouldn't be allowed to permanently ban someone just for cheating. That could and would look bad for the community. But that is also why I added the "other" option. I was also trying to do these as fair as possible.

Well I don't remember saying anything about Wi-Fi users. Although, really the best (and only) way to tell if someone has a poor connection, is by pressing (what ever button is assigned) the scoreboard in-game. It shows a connection bar after there Gamer Profiles. The game would lag alot if someone has a poor connection.

Plus, if someone was worried about someone cheating, they can block them. So let's say for example: I use trainers, if you want to block me, and when you create an open or private room, I can't join unless you unblock me. Same goes for messages and game invitations. That should be on the Player Options menu idea. (I actually don't use trainers. The only time I really used one was for Call of Duty: Ghosts to get Ghost's mask.)

I was responding to other requests... after your post there's been talk about being able to block Wifi users...

I was responding to other requests... after your post there's been talk about being able to block Wifi users...

Yeah I noticed that. That wouldn't be fair to anyone though. I mean what if I went on vacation (or anyone for that matter) and decided to take the Xbox. But the only connection I have is Wi-Fi? That'd be unfair to me or anyone else.

Yeah I noticed that. That wouldn't be fair to anyone though. I mean what if I went on vacation (or anyone for that matter) and decided to take the Xbox. But the only connection I have is Wi-Fi? That'd be unfair to me or anyone else.

Maybe make a network bridge out of a wiMAX card and the ethernet port on your laptop when you're abroad and just using a crossover cable to connect the xbox to your laptop that is wiMAX connected?

• Like 1

Maybe make a network bridge out of a wiMAX card and the ethernet port on your laptop when you're abroad and just using a crossover cable to connect the xbox to your laptop that is wiMAX connected?

Or just bridge it normally.. As the xb won't know the difference.. Wired is wired to it.. Haha
  • Like 1

Yes dustin because you are on vacation and you want to play on a bad wifi connection and you want to drag the connection down, we should allow you? That makes perfect sense :D

If you are on vacation rather play single player. If anything its really unfair from you that you would drag 17 other people down just because you want to play.

And also as i wanted it to work is you would not be able to join only the rooms which would use the option to block wifi users. When you would come back home and use wired connection you could yoin us with no problem. I dont get you dustin. We play cod which is a really fast paced game. Its really frustrating when the connection is bad. If you wanna play on wifi you better play hearthstone or any other card game.

We shouldn't be allowed to permanently ban someone just for cheating. That could and would look bad for the community. But that is also why I added the "other" option. I was also trying to do these as fair as possible.

If the block option would not exist we would not be able to make open private rooms. There are people with really bad connection that were constantly connecting to our game and the room leader was unable to play since he had to kick all the time. And also some people cheat all the time. Why should we allow them to play with us? Yes we are bad people because we block cheaters. Everyone knows that cheating is not allowed so they should take responsibility and consequences of their action. And besides even if we block cheaters you still can make a private room and they can play with you :D

I do not understand you dustin.. We want to have an open private room because anyone with decent connection (and no cheats) is welcome to join us.

• Like 1

Yes dustin because you are on vacation and you want to play on a bad wifi connection and you want to drag the connection down, we should allow you? That makes perfect sense :D

If you are on vacation rather play single player. If anything its really unfair from you that you would drag 17 other people down just because you want to play.

And also as i wanted it to work is you would not be able to join only the rooms which would use the option to block wifi users. When you would come back home and use wired connection you could yoin us with no problem. I dont get you dustin. We play cod which is a really fast paced game. Its really frustrating when the connection is bad. If you wanna play on wifi you better play hearthstone or any other card game.

1.) I'm not on vacation. I was just making an example.

2.) No offense, but you are only thinking of yourself.

3.). It doesn't matter what game someone wants to play, someone can still have a poor or good connection. (Even on Wi-Fi, someone could easily have a great connection. I have perfect Wi-Fi connection, but I'm always wired.) Also, it's impossible to tell if someone is using Wi-Fi or wired. So then basically (in your case) block 45% of users on LiNK just because of poor connection.) That is unfair.

4.). I did not start this topic so people would argue with one another.

5.). Next time when you write a comment, word it carefully. Some people can take things the wrong way. And that would cause a problem.

6.). Have a nice day. (Or weekend, LOL!)

1.) I'm not on vacation. I was just making an example.

2.) No offense, but you are only thinking of yourself.

3.). It doesn't matter what game someone wants to play, someone can still have a poor or good connection. (Even on Wi-Fi, someone could easily have a great connection. I have perfect Wi-Fi connection, but I'm always wired.) Also, it's impossible to tell if someone is using Wi-Fi or wired. So then basically (in your case) block 45% of users on LiNK just because of poor connection.) That is unfair.

4.). I did not start this topic so people would argue with one another.

5.). Next time when you write a comment, word it carefully. Some people can take things the wrong way. And that would cause a problem.

6.). Have a nice day. (Or weekend, LOL!)

1.) I know you are not on vacation.

2.) I am on vacation and i didnt bring my xbox because the wifi here is really bad and i would drag everyone else down. I guess i am really selfish. I play hearthstone while on vacation.

3.) And yes we block probably more than 45% of link players because of the connection, but not because we want to but because the game was unplayable with those people. So either we block 50% of link players so that the other 50% pkayers with decent connection can play or we let anyone join and the game is unplayable for 100% of people. What would you do?

4.) Sorry for that

5.) I know that i am a jerk and i try to hold back (this is not sarcasm)

6.) Thank you

1.) I know you are not on vacation.

2.) I am on vacation and i didnt bring my xbox because the wifi here is really bad and i would drag everyone else down. I guess i am really selfish. I play hearthstone while on vacation.

3.) And yes we block probably more than 45% of link players because of the connection, but not because we want to but because the game was unplayable with those people.

4.) Sorry for that

5.) I know that i am a jerk and i try to hold back (this is not sarcasm)

6.) Thank you

I understand your frustration, in fact, your pissed because you (I'm not saying you do) have the best connection possible, and not a hole lot of people have a good enough connection to even really play because of lag. I feel you. I really do. I also put up with it, but it's not terrible. You'll just have deal with it. It's not Xbox LIVE, but it's the next best thing. You could always get the Xbox One. I have it. I love it actually.

Hey, if my idea happens (that is a BIG if) then all you would have to do is find people that have their setting as English, only play with the ones that speak/understand it. Create your own private room with a password, and invite your friends. Then, you won't have to worry about a bad connection. :)

FYI, there's no such thing as a "open private room" LOL! There is Public Rooms, Open User Rooms, and Private User Rooms. (Where you create a password.)

• Like 1

Maybe it shouldnt extract the data from the NXE, because many people dont even use it and most likely never set the settings up. Also i know many people who arent English, who have their NXE in English.

I often play Black Ops 2, would also like to play Modern Warfare 3 but there are too many cheaters.

I forgot to reply, but you actually do have to set things up on NXE, it's not possible to leave such things "blank." If memory serves me right, you always set that stuff up when you are doing the initial setup on NXE (modded or not)
  • Like 1

Or just bridge it normally.. As the xb won't know the difference.. Wired is wired to it.. Haha

If his only connection is wifi and he wants a faster and more reliable wifi connection, a wiMAX would definitely suit his needs. I have a few friends who use one when they're in hotels and the hotel network service just plain sucks. Also, most hotels don't have keystone jacks in the rooms these days and defer to wireless service for their guests. If he had the keystone panel to connect his console,  he wouldn't need a network bridge in the first place...

• Like 1

What if your not in a hotel? Maybe your at your family's house.

Then dont play those few days and rather hang out with family and friends, rather than dragging everyones connection down jist because you want to play.

• Like 1