RealModScene
grampasso

Aurora Multidisc support

Hi everybody,

I installed Aurora and I think is very beautiful and friendly. Just some advice please: I need to manage the multidisc.

Basically I have multidisc game in the external HDD. I have a structure like this:

Folder called as the game.

Two subfolder called DVD1 and DVD2.

Aurora show only DVD1 and DVD2 for all games organized as above. So at the end I have a lot DVD1 and DVD2 and I don't know to which game they refer to. Is there a way to show in aurora the game name ?

I tried to hide multidisc filter, but nothing happen.

Besides, is there a way to organize emulators? I have mame, fbanext dosbox, but with the filters option they are not recognized as emulators.

• Like 2

You need to have your games like this (if you have them as XEX):

GameName\<DVD1 Content>

GameName\Disk2\<DVD2 Content>

Doing so makes Aurora able to switch games for you directly, the filter relies on the fact that the default.xex file have flags saying it's disc #2 or above, when it's DVD2+

GOD games don't need a specific structure as far as i know, well maybe... it should be in Content\000...0\TitleId\0000D000\<Files goes here>

Ok, Swizzy, I'll try your suggested solution and I let you know and yes I have xex, namely folder game format.

Now a second question arise to me: aurora in this way will always open DVD1 xex or it understand automatically which DVD is for the game and which is not. You know better than me that not always the DVD game is in DVD1.

Ok, Swizzy, I'll try your suggested solution and I let you know and yes I have xex, namely folder game format.

Now a second question arise to me: aurora in this way will always open DVD1 xex or it understand automatically which DVD is for the game and which is not. You know better than me that not always the DVD game is in DVD1.

When one disc is a installer such as in the case of GTA V you just grab the content folder from it, then you're done with that disc... Aurora doesn't know which one is which other then Disc# of #...

Other then that, Aurora assumes that default.xex is the one you want to start, regardless of what disc# it is

There should be a "subtitle" that shows you the disc number (something like "Disk 1 of 2" if I remember correctly)

If both disks are DVD game (like Splinter Cell Blacklist), do as Swizzy said, so Aurora will be able to switch disk for you.
But if the disc is not a DVD game (like DVD1 for GTA5), you don't need to keep it

Hi,

First of all a BIG THANK YOU to the whole Aurora Team for the 0.5b Update.

Now i can use ConnectX and leave FSD 3 forever... :clap:

But there seems to be one thing (Bug???) left.

All my Games are stored on a Windows Server PC as GOD Container.

All works fine, loading takes a bit longer as from local USB HDD, but not that bad i think.

BUT....

Multi-Disc Games do not work like it should be.

First of All:

I use JTAG/RGH XBox 360 for 4 Years now. I do know all kind of Swap methods.

For Example:

Bioshock Infinite: Extracted Disc 2 and copied the Content on internal HDD. Works just fine.

I don't use extracted Discs only GODS, because i don't want to have too many files on the hdd on the server. (Slower copy and loading times)

I have no Swap.xex or the Autoswap feature of Dashlaunch active.

But i tried to start Dead Space 2 and 3 (No Content Folder available) with the second disc from Aurora to test if the Autoswap from aurora works.

But it doesn't work. Disc loads fine until you start a Single Player game. After loading for a while a window pops up, that wants me to swap to disc 1. Console is not freezing, but you can't go on, because aurora doesn't swap the disc.

Second Test (Tried the same with FSD 3 B-775):

Started the Game with Disc 2, started Single Player Game, loading for a while, BUT then (Where the window came to swap disc - Aurora) it seems to hang for three seconds (Swapping disc i think) and then it's starting loading again and the game begins. :thumbsup:

Have i found a little bug in Aurora or is there a solution for this problem?

Xbox 360 is on newest Dash (17349) and Dashlaunch 3.15.

Games were loaded from the same Place. (Network - ConnectX) Disc Swap works with FSD 3 BUT NOT with Aurora.... Strange Thing

Make sure you don't have the FSD Plugin loaded by FSD before you start (unload it) then try with Aurora... see if it works, if not... then it's probably a bug...

Thanks for the fast reply.

Ok, i did what you suggested, unloaded FSD Plugin and startet the game with disc 2, but still the same behaviour. (Please insert disc 1)

Seems to be a bug...

PS: Also tried it with Wolfenstein - The new Order. Also didn't work. With FSD 3 it worked.

One more question, but it doesn't belong here, sorry:

As i played around with FSD 3 i found out, that i can delete files on the network drive or copy them to the network drive with FSD3, which doesn't work in Aurora.

Will this 'feature' come for aurora too?

Thanks for the fast reply.

Ok, i did what you suggested, unloaded FSD Plugin and startet the game with disc 2, but still the same behaviour. (Please insert disc 1)

Seems to be a bug...

PS: Also tried it with Wolfenstein - The new Order. Also didn't work. With FSD 3 it worked.

As i played around with FSD 3 i found out, that i can delete files on the network drive or copy them to the network drive with FSD3, which doesn't work in Aurora.

Will this 'feature' come for aurora too?

1. I always put my multi disc games like this.

hdd:\games\<Game Name>\Disc1\<Disk1 Content>

hdd:\games\<Game Name>\Disc2\<Disk2 Content>

hdd:\games\<Game Name>\Disc3\<Disk3 Content>

etc.

Never had a problem, even after switching to aurora.

Wolfenstein TNO requires the first disc to be in GOD format to install the content, as it is generated from files on the disc, and that wont work if it isnt in god format.

2. This is because FSD had a SMB Client/Server built in, and that feature hasnt come for aurora yet, just connectX, which is a dumbed down read only SMB Client for the Xbox, written by MS for DevKits, and modified by the scene to work on a JTAG.

That could be the difference.

I ONLY use GOD Container which should not be a problem for swapping discs. (As i said, works fine with FSD 3 and connectx)

I don't want to extract discs to files, because some games have many files in the ISO. (Slower loading & copy times over network)

Then it can only be a problem with swapping discs when they are GOD's or a problem within connectx (Streaming over Network) itself.

Loading times over network with GOD Containers are not bad (with my system), Extracting them and streaming them over network increases loading time.

Disc swap is handled by the console, god vs extracted doesnt matter, or where it is stored doesnt matter either. Just store your games in the format above, either on a network share, hdd, or USB, and it should work.

GOD games don't need a specific structure as far as i know, well maybe... it should be in 'TitleId\00007000\<Files goes here>'

As Swizzy said, i didn't need to create DVD1 and DVD2... Folders since 4 Years now, when i was using GOD Containers.

They were all in this folder structure: 'TitleId\00007000\<Files goes here>' on Internal, External and Network. All worked incl. swapping discs until now.

And it works with FSD 3 too on the same machine and network.

Do you really think i need DVD1 and DVD2 Folders for it to work with Aurora. Why?

Sorry for that question, but that seems not to be reasonable for me.

PS:

Tested Dead Space 2 with the same GOD Game folder structure (Same as on network drive) from external USB Drive. (Without DVD1 and DVD2 folders)

And yes.......from USB Drive disc swapping works as i know it since years now!

I hope you believe me now, that there must be something wrong how Aurora deals with connectx when it tries to swap discs.

Please Aurora Team, fix this problem. Thank You.

Keep in mind that both FSD and Aurora use the same thing for the disk swapping (it's all handled by the FSD plugin)

Then it's REALLY strange why it's working with FSD 3 and not with Aurora if it's exactly the same plugin.

No modifications were made for Aurora?

Then it's REALLY strange why it's working with FSD 3 and not with Aurora if it's exactly the same plugin.

No modifications were made for Aurora?

None that i know of, try copying the plugin that is working in FSD to Aurora, it should still load fine and work...

Maybe there's a function call that's missing?

It's becoming really weird....

Tried it as you suggested and copied the plugin from FSD 3 to Aurora.

But no success. Now i'm getting out of ideas what else i could try.....

I'm lost :unsure:

I found the end all discussion about multi disk swapping. I installed first disk to games folder in aurora and then went to nxe dash and installed disk 2 and no more problems. No more need for fsd plugin or any other plugin. Works great. Just wanted to post that

• Like 1

Does This Way Work on External drive or do multi disk games HAVE to be on internal drive?

hdd:\games\<Game Name>\Disc1\<Disk1 Content>

hdd:\games\<Game Name>\Disc2\<Disk2 Content>

hdd:\games\<Game Name>\Disc3\<Disk3 Conte

wait so for example if i want to install watch dogs to my xbox (ive been trying to do that for half a year now) so i just have to create two folders in the xex menu ?

This is a bug in Aurora, it is fixed in 0.7. While the plugin does the switching, Aurora gives it the wrong paths for connectx, that is why fsd works for either location and aurora only for local games

I know this is an old topic, but should I disable the disc swap in DashLaunch? Does Aurora handle this itself or do I need to leave this on on DashLaunch?

I do have the latest Aurora installed and DashLaunch says to turn it off if using FSD. I don't even have FSD installed anymore :)

dash launch discswap uses different paths for multi disc stuff. This means that if you disable it, you will have to move the discs from <game>\disk1\<disc1files> to <game>\disc1\<disc1files>