RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
carnivash

Few problems with aurora 0.5b

Hello,

I just installed on my external HDD the brand new Aurora 0.5b, beautiful, but i crashed into some troubles, maybe i'll get some help here:

1) Quick View won't detect Xbox 360 games, always get "No titles found", "Show all" displays all games, "Live Arcade" Filter shows only arcade games as expected, but "Xbox 360" filter, gets nothing, i'm on a brand new installation of Aurora, and right after i configured the paths, all games were detect and all covers downloaded, just fine. How can Quick View not know about Xbox 360 games if it shows on the "Show All" tab?

2) Aurora trainers won't show, i downloaded a few Aurora trainers from xyzmods, transfered all to Aurora/Trainers/, updated all TUs, but "No trainer found" errors displays on every game that i downloaded a trainer for, i triple checked my games title IDs, and they all match instructions on xyzmods pages where i downloaded the trainers.

Any help will be much appreciated.

• Like 2

1. Sounds to me like you don't have any "Xbox 360" games? send me your content.db and i'll look into it...

2. Did you put them in a subfolder for each TitleID under Trainers?

Thanks for the reply,

1- I'm pretty sure there are lots of Xbox 360 games detected, here's my content.db: content.zip

2- Yes i did sir, example: Aurora/Trainers/555308C2/Trainer(RETROBYTE).xex  (AC4 Black Flag)

Thanks for the reply,

1- I'm pretty sure there are lots of Xbox 360 games detected, here's my content.db: attachicon.gifcontent.zip

2- Yes i did sir, example: Aurora/Trainers/555308C2/Trainer(RETROBYTE).xex  (AC4 Black Flag)

They're all detected as homebrew, that's why you don't see them as Xbox 360, can you send me your settings db also? i think your scanpath settings are wrong...

You really don't want to use infinite for scanpaths, i'd recommend that you delete your databases and start fresh, this time, don't change anything, just setup the paths and go with it as-is, maybe increase scan depth a little bit, at most -1 from infinite

No good, tried with depth 2,1, games still being detected as homebrew, deleted content.db, and database recreation runs the same as infinite. How can i manually alter the database to force games wrongly detected as homebrewm to change to Xbox360 game?

Trainers are made for specific media ID's m8.. not just title ID's.. xyzmods will tell you what media ID it is for.. (NOTICE HOW THE MEDIA ID IS 1ST??) Title Updates work EXACTLY the same, by MEDIA ID.. and WILL NOT WORK with a diff media ID m8

xgcn7s.jpg

No good, tried with depth 2,1, games still being detected as homebrew, deleted content.db, and database recreation runs the same as infinite. How can i manually alter the database to force games wrongly detected as homebrewm to change to Xbox360 game?

make sure your settings look like this:

v2tsmo.jpg

Just like that, games keep being detected as homebrew no matter what depth i use, there is really no way i can alter content.db to manually fix this?

Just like that, games keep being detected as homebrew no matter what depth i use, there is really no way i can alter content.db to manually fix this?

There is, but you have to know the flag value to use...

They're all detected as homebrew, that's why you don't see them as Xbox 360, can you send me your settings db also? i think your scanpath settings are wrong...

How do you know my games are being detected as homebrew, since on the quick view homebrew tab they are also missing? they only appear on the show all quick view tab

How do you know my games are being detected as homebrew, since on the quick view homebrew tab they are also missing? they only appear on the show all quick view tab

I have a tool in the making which translates the flags, it's meant to allow you to edit the various things in the DB's...

They show up as "Unsigned" which is what homebrew is, so they're not signed correctly for retail, meaning they're detected as homebrew... idk if the quickview for homebrew might be messed up?

OK, it something possible to alter on content.bd? i found lots of information about each detected game on ContentItens table, but i couldn't figure out which data should i change in order to force a game to become Xbox instead of homebrew.

I wanted to try something even if its complicated, while i wait for a more friendly solution, i'm trying to mess with the database, i don't care if it gets corrupted, i can always make a new one, i just need some sort of direction for which table, field, values should i change, or should i try to change.

This problem is really bizarre, i tried several different Aurora versions, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, aways with a new aurora installation, i tried to put just one game on a brand new external hdd just for itself, i tried several different games on different levels of scan depth, no matter what i try, games are always being detected as homebrew (they only appear on show all tab), and even more strange: actual homebrew and emulators, on their separate folders are detected during scan as they should, the same goes for arcade games, no problems with them as well, i even tried to mix xbox games, arcade games, homebrew, and emulators all on the same folder, and everything gets detects just fine, except for the xbox games.

Besides aurora installation folder, does someone know if aurora have any data stored elsewhere? in order to really start from scratch.

Thanks anyway.

content.db -> groupflag should be the one you're looking for, the values i don't have in my memory right now... you might find them on the github repository for the DB Editor, i have some added there which i found without talking to the devs to get the lists...

All Aurora data is stored in the data folder, deleting this folder will reset Aurora completely (the only exception is with connectx which is stored in the nand)

the FSD plugin also have some data stored in plugins\userdata\ but these are basically just screenshots

• Like 1

Well, i'm feeling really dumb right now, maybe we're talking about different things, i triple checked from top to bottom and i'm pretty sure there is no "groupflag" field on any tabe at content.db.

Which DB Editor github are you talking about, is it the one you're developing?

Well, i'm feeling really dumb right now, maybe we're talking about different things, i triple checked from top to bottom and i'm pretty sure there is no "groupflag" field on any tabe at content.db.

Which DB Editor github are you talking about, is it the one you're developing?

Yes, the one i'm developing: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager i may have mixed up the names of it, i've been doing alot of multitasking lately...

** edit: **

Yeah, sorry... i was thinking wrong; https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager/blob/master/AuroraDbManager/Database/AuroraDbManager.cs#L171

Edited by Swizzy

Thank you very much, this, is all the information i needed:

[Flags] public enum ContentGroupValues { Hidden = 0, Xbox360 = 1, Xbla = 2, Indie = 3, XboxClassic = 4, Unsigned = 5, LibXenon = 6, Count = 7 }

Tomorrow i'll test if fixing this problem also fixes my trainers not being detected as well.

I'll also continue investigating why my xbox games were detect as unsigned in first place, if i ever find a solution, i'll post here for anyone who might be having this same issue.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, changing the contegroup value, had no effect on detecting trainers, i triple checked both Title ID and Media ID for several games and none shows up on my trainers list, sad, really sad.

Since all games are now correctly categorized, what are possible causes for trainers not being detect? Besides the obvious: differences in Title/Media ID which i'm sure that's not the case.

Thanks in advance for any help

Well, i found some more evidence, that maybe will help shine some light on this trainers problems, let me show you a piece of my Aurora's log regarding trainer list:

{code]

{ "time" : "08:27:25.112", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  usb0:\\games\\yaiba\\trainers\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:27:25.145", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  game:\\Trainers\\4B5607E2\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:27:25.892", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Found:  game:\\Trainers\\4B5607E2\\Trainer(RETROBYTE).xex" }

{ "time" : "08:27:25.918", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "Xbox360Executable", "message" : "Failed to Get Base File:  Error:  3" }

{ "time" : "08:27:25.920", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Extract Resource Result:  3" }

{ "time" : "08:27:25.922", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Failed to open Aurora xex section" }

{ "time" : "08:27:25.925", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Aurora.dat was empty" }

{ "time" : "08:27:39.140", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  usb0:\\games\\watch.dogs\\trainers\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:27:39.176", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  game:\\Trainers\\555308B7\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:27:39.220", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Found:  game:\\Trainers\\555308B7\\Trainer(RETROBYTE).xex" }

{ "time" : "08:27:39.241", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "Xbox360Executable", "message" : "Failed to Get Base File:  Error:  3" }

{ "time" : "08:27:39.242", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Extract Resource Result:  3" }

{ "time" : "08:27:39.242", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Failed to open Aurora xex section" }

{ "time" : "08:27:39.243", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Aurora.dat was empty" }

{ "time" : "08:28:11.188", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  usb0:\\games\\alice madness returns\\trainers\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:28:11.255", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  game:\\Trainers\\45410916\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:28:11.315", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Found:  game:\\Trainers\\45410916\\Trainer(RETROBYTE).xex" }

{ "time" : "08:28:11.341", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "Xbox360Executable", "message" : "Failed to Get Base File:  Error:  3" }

{ "time" : "08:28:11.343", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Extract Resource Result:  3" }

{ "time" : "08:28:11.349", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Failed to open Aurora xex section" }

{ "time" : "08:28:11.351", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Aurora.dat was empty" }

{ "time" : "08:28:16.125", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  usb0:\\arcade\\alan wake’s american nightmare\\trainers\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:28:16.169", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  game:\\Trainers\\58411233\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:28:16.193", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Found:  game:\\Trainers\\58411233\\Trainer(RETROBYTE).xex" }

{ "time" : "08:28:16.225", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "Xbox360Executable", "message" : "Failed to Get Base File:  Error:  3" }

{ "time" : "08:28:16.230", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Extract Resource Result:  3" }

{ "time" : "08:28:16.231", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Failed to open Aurora xex section" }

{ "time" : "08:28:16.233", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Aurora.dat was empty" }

{ "time" : "08:31:29.783", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  usb0:\\games\\viva piata tip\\trainers\\*" }

{ "time" : "08:31:29.839", "thread" : "0xF9000004", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "GameTrainerList", "message" : "Searching Command:  game:\\Trainers\\4D53085F\\*" }

{/code]

As you can see, every time i try to bring forth the list of trainers for a particular game, the trainer's .xex file is indeed found, but is immediately followed by 3 errors messages:

"Extract Resource Result:  3"

"Failed to open Aurora xex section"

"Aurora.dat was empty"

Just to be sure, i tried to load  trainers for a game that actually didn't have its trainer installed, Aurora searches  for it on both possible folders, and since nothing is found, no errors are thrown.

I really hope someone knows what these error messages means, and maybe help me find a cure for this decease.

Thanks.

it sounds to me that you have transfer problems, how did you transfer the xex's?

Through FTP, no errors, but since you mentioned it, i'll try every other way i can think of to transfer the trainers. Thanks