RealModScene

LiNK Chat Poll  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue the development of LiNK Chat?

2. 2. If yes, what feature would you want to see added the most?

• Console Notifications (new message alert)
    • Deeper Console Integration (gamertag, gamerscore, etc.)
    • Game-specific Functions (Call of Duty functions such as on-screen text)
    • I voted no.
  3. 3. If no, why not?

• I wouldn't use it.
    • I don't like the idea.
    • It's not an official Phoenix/Aurora/Nova project.
    • I voted yes.

EDIT (05/22/2015): LiNKChat received a rather large update just now. I have removed the XRPC requirement, at the cost of notifications on the console. You can still enable the option, but by default it is disabled so that users don't need to have it. I also added an auto-login function so you don't have to login every time you open the app, and user tagging (double click a user's name). Updates adding web UI authentication will be coming in the next few days, but for now, enjoy the new stuff.

EDIT (05/23/2015): LiNKChat received another update. It now supports web UI security so you don't need to disable your security; now it lets you log in. I also added custom rooms as a possibility, opening the ability for users to host their own private rooms. As always, get the update from the LiNKChat release page. :)

So I doubt it will get very popular, but I figured it can't hurt to see what the community thinks of this.

I know that until Nova is released, we (the community) don't have access to any form of live messaging service for LiNK users.

So I have created this little baby to sort of mend that issue with LiNK until Nova is released.

Let me know what you guys think. I call it LiNKChat (creative, right?).

Download

You can download LiNKChat from it's official site (here).

Screenshots:

4bcb9fb68b.png

20123f5f48.png

48a64b542e.png

Let's hear it guys! If you'd like to help test this project, let me know via PM or in the comments below.

Thanks!

~Leumonic

• Like 3

So I doubt it will get very popular, but I figured it can't hurt to see what the community thinks of this.

I know that until Nova is released, we (the community) don't have access to any form of live messaging service for LiNK users.

So I have created this little baby to sort of mend that issue with LiNK until Nova is released.

Let me know what you guys think. I call it LiNK Chat (creative, right?).

Logged Out: http://puu.sh/hVL9H/ffe5d33642.png

Logged In: http://puu.sh/hVLdw/b3d0a78d06.png

Chatting: http://puu.sh/hVLf2/02a1009d7c.png

Let's hear it guys! If you'd like to help test this project, let me know via PM or in the comments below.

Thanks!

~Leumonic

If you need help testing, feel free to hit me up.. But yeah, I wouldn't dive deeper into some of the other options, as most of that will be done with nova.. But jmo m8.. And I have nothing but time til the 26th.. That's when I start up my college summer semester

What about an app?

i am currently on this.. and it works great so far.. it is a PC app.. that runs through the XB.. where as Nova will be through XB, and not PC.. perfect for those without USB keyboards/chatpads.. for the time being

come join us in the chat room!!!

So, I know it isn't a great solution, and I know it will be deprecated by Nova, but this is a start, right?

Anyway, here is a link to try it out. It is kind of specific right now.

Requirements:

• Running Aurora (0.4b+)
  • Your Web UI does NOT have security enabled
  • You are signed in on the first controller on your console
  • You are signed into LiNK via Aurora's LiNK panel

Once you meet those requirements (most people should), go ahead and open up the app and enter your WebUI port.

It should handle the rest.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22476555/LiNKChat.zip

SDK is also a requirement.. just FYI ppl (neighborhood should have signified that to those who dont know!!)

In future versions, I may remove the need for XRPC and the Neighborhood and just go based on IP:Port.

(Currently, the XRPC features are for security)

WebUI is enabled in Aurora settings

You cannot disable the WebUI in Aurora, it's always enabled, you can however disable security...

In future versions, I may remove the need for XRPC and the Neighborhood and just go based on IP:Port.

(Currently, the XRPC features are for security)

All you really need is a small packet that says "message received", nothing more, nothing less... that doesn't need any security... it's just the one feature...

this works for FSD also, as i am currently on it and chat is working!!

8fde34913bf21d19f7fd2485ebcfdded.gif

you have to have the plugins set, in dashlaunch man.. and the XBOX as default in the "neighborhood"

You cannot disable the WebUI in Aurora, it's always enabled, you can however disable security...

All you really need is a small packet that says "message received", nothing more, nothing less... that doesn't need any security... it's just the one feature...

There is more security than that. Requiring what I do means you can't spoof your console IP and send false info (which would allow impersonators in the chat).

There is more security than that. Requiring what I do means you can't spoof your console IP and send false info (which would allow impersonators in the chat).

good idea on that, lmao.. this will save people from bitching about "english speakers" also.. 

yes.

9a3cfe5a7fa75fcb8440f220f8a3fd76.png

cd1abadd927c9f591f41a99f8bab0529.png

do you have the web ui security disabled?? dunno if that helps or not

do you have the web ui security disabled?? dunno if that helps or not

no, the configuration is on default

552fa8d6c3849fd8fbf7b28fc563fc5f.png

I removed the XRPC dependency. Now you don't need any plugins or anything. Just make sure that you can connect to the WebUI.

yes i connect to the WebUI with firefox

Try disabling security and see what that does.

yes i connect to the WebUI with firefox

did you restart your XB after setting plugins?? and new app doesnt need the plugins.. so re-download and try again!!

8fde34913bf21d19f7fd2485ebcfdded.gif

Copy 'n' paste the actual exception message please? it helps ALOT