RealModScene
Swizzy

Aurora Asset Editor v1.1 Released

It seems that i have to add something that keeps the connection alive to fix that issue, the problems seem to all be that Aurora grows tired of waiting for my application to do something and closes the connection resulting in it needing to reconnect again, this can easily be done using the "Test Connection" button, as all that does is reconnect to whatever settings you have in the textboxes and sending a custom command request to get the revision of Aurora (to verify that you are using aurora, this only works with 0.4b+ if memory serves me right)

Do you have any idea as to how long you've waited before the problem occurred? it makes it easier for me to test it out once i've found a way to fix it if you could tell me that...

Yeah the connection thing is something that 360content manager used to do too. When i first open the app (BTW the settings don't seem to save between sessions, maybe I should move it to programs instead of the desktop) and enter my ftp settings, click test then right click the title to get all assets, is the first time it does it. The other times I would say is usually over 10 minutes. Sometimes I would go to the web to get images then edit them in gimp i.e. making banners for original xbox games, so when I would come back it would time out.

Clicking the test button would be fine, except that clicking get all assets twice is even easier and it always works on the second try. So I don't know if it's worth trying to add a keep alive function. 

Yeah the connection thing is something that 360content manager used to do too. When i first open the app (BTW the settings don't seem to save between sessions, maybe I should move it to programs instead of the desktop) and enter my ftp settings, click test then right click the title to get all assets, is the first time it does it. The other times I would say is usually over 10 minutes. Sometimes I would go to the web to get images then edit them in gimp i.e. making banners for original xbox games, so when I would come back it would time out.

Clicking the test button would be fine, except that clicking get all assets twice is even easier and it always works on the second try. So I don't know if it's worth trying to add a keep alive function.

They save if you press the button to do so...

They're saved in %appdata%\AuroraAssetEditor\

Sorry, not saving here. Always reverts to default user/pass and only keeps 10.0.1. I deleted all registry entries and the app/appdata folders, reinstalled, opened, saved, but when I re-open, it always reverts to default. even edited the ftp.json but it always reverts to 

{"ip":null,"pass":null,"port":null,"user":null}x}

Sorry, not saving here. Always reverts to default user/pass and only keeps 10.0.1. I deleted all registry entries and the app/appdata folders, reinstalled, opened, saved, but when I re-open, it always reverts to default. even edited the ftp.json but it always reverts to 

{"ip":null,"pass":null,"port":null,"user":null}x}

I may have forgotten to make it set the settings before saving using that method, try doing a connection test prior to saving the settings, see if that works?

• Like 1

Tried it, no go. Tried retrieving assets even saving assets. Just not saving ftp settings.

Sorry, spoke too soon, it saved when I tested connection before saving

Edited by quattrogamer

Tried it, no go. Tried retrieving assets even saving assets. Just not saving ftp settings.

Sorry, spoke too soon, it saved when I tested connection before saving

Yeah, i noticed when i looked at the code again that i had forgotten to change it to use that function instead of just the saving one...

I also noticed with your snippet above that the JSON is infact invalid once saved, which could make it unable to load it, which is a bad thing, i've fixed both of those issues already, as they're easy enough to fix, but the Keep Alive thing i'll have to read up a bit more about first, i might do that tomorrow...

I helped test this app, and didnt catch any of those bugs. lol. It then again, I was making sure all the basic functionallity was working propperly, and making sure there were no runtime errors. this stuff didnt even cross my mind. lol.

I helped test this app, and didnt catch any of those bugs. lol. It then again, I was making sure all the basic functionallity was working propperly, and making sure there were no runtime errors. this stuff didnt even cross my mind. lol.

Both issues should now be fixed, altought, i haven't been able to test the FTP keep alive thing yet, if someone feels like doing so, the code is available in the github repository

• Like 1

Sorry, had to step out for family BBQ.@Swizzy I hope no one thinks there's any finger pointing or calling this a sub par app. It's amazing what you've let us do with this and other apps you've created or helped create. Nothing but gratitude on my end. @gavin_darkglider, your testing and help in all the apps and scripts is very much appreciated. Sometimes basic use can bring out scenarios that would otherwise be overlooked in testing. If I can help by posting what I noticed when using, then great. But the app did it's job and that's cool by me. Thanks again  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sorry, had to step out for family BBQ.@Swizzy I hope no one thinks there's any finger pointing or calling this a sub par app. It's amazing what you've let us do with this and other apps you've created or helped create. Nothing but gratitude on my end. @gavin_darkglider, your testing and help in all the apps and scripts is very much appreciated. Sometimes basic use can bring out scenarios that would otherwise be overlooked in testing. If I can help by posting what I noticed when using, then great. But the app did it's job and that's cool by me. Thanks again  :thumbsup:

We appreciate bug reports, I wasnt saying your input wasnt appreciated! More that when I was testing, it never crossed my mind to leave it sitting, to make sure that the ftp connection stayed connected, and stuff like that. ;)

• Like 1

We appreciate bug reports, I wasnt saying your input wasnt appreciated! More that when I was testing, it never crossed my mind to leave it sitting, to make sure that the ftp connection stayed connected, and stuff like that. ;)

i also didn't think about checking that...

• Like 1

At first thanks for such a good and useful application.

There is a little bug in version 1.1 and 1.2 too: when there is no internet connection available the app crashes.

It happens on line 216 (OnlineAssetsControl.xaml.cs):

private void LocaleWorkerDoWork(object sender, DoWorkEventArgs doWorkEventArgs) { _locales = XboxAssetDownloader.GetLocales(); }

when "GetLocales" function tries to download data from "the link" (line 55, XboxAssetDownloader.cs).

At first thanks for such a good and useful application.

There is a little bug in version 1.1 and 1.2 too: when there is no internet connection available the app crashes.

It happens on line 216 (OnlineAssetsControl.xaml.cs):

private void LocaleWorkerDoWork(object sender, DoWorkEventArgs doWorkEventArgs) { _locales = XboxAssetDownloader.GetLocales(); }
when "GetLocales" function tries to download data from "the link" (line 55, XboxAssetDownloader.cs).

Background workers should catch errors and not throw them, are you sure this is where it crashes?

Background workers should catch errors and not throw them, are you sure this is where it crashes?

Sorry, I messed up something, you are right.

It happens on line 55 (XboxAssetDownloader.cs), in "GetLocales" function.

Here is a screenshot:

bug1.jpg

It should hopefully be fixed now in v1.2 (on github) didn't bump versions as it's not yet released anyways ;)

• Like 1

It should hopefully be fixed now in v1.2 (on github) didn't bump versions as it's not yet released anyways ;)

It works, just parentheses near catch ("catch() { return new XboxLocale[0]; }") cause error:  "A class type expected"

It should be "catch { return new XboxLocale[0]; }"

Thanks again  ;)

• Like 4

I noticed, I tried looking for the new commit when you first mentioned it, haha. Then came back to it a few days ago and downloaded the master and noticed the changes. But gave up as it was too much hassle installing cgwyn on my VM for one program. Don't think I can compile windows apps on my mac either, idk. Figured i'd just wait it out for release.  :)

I noticed, I tried looking for the new commit when you first mentioned it, haha. Then came back to it a few days ago and downloaded the master and noticed the changes. But gave up as it was too much hassle installing cgwyn on my VM for one program. Don't think I can compile windows apps on my mac either, idk. Figured i'd just wait it out for release.  :)

This is a visual C# app, which requires visual studio to compile, so I am fairly certain that cygwin is out as a compiling option anyway. :( If you would like, I can build you the latest version, just send me a pm, as I am not going to release compiled versions of swizzys software publically on the forums, as they will not be supported, as they are inbetween releases.

This is a visual C# app, which requires visual studio to compile, so I am fairly certain that cygwin is out as a compiling option anyway. :( If you would like, I can build you the latest version, just send me a pm, as I am not going to release compiled versions of swizzys software publically on the forums, as they will not be supported, as they are inbetween releases.

I'm good, I appreciate the offer though gavin. I have a little patience stowed away, I can wait for release. Besides, it works good for me as is.

The only thing bugging me right now, is that I tried to replace some screenshots and it would not update. Not sure if I did something wrong or not, I did it the same way as covers/backgrounds.

I personally tested these features before the release of the first version, so I can assure you that changing screenshots does work. You must be doing something wrong, or the console is replacing them when aurora loads. That is all I can think of there. :( Try the ftp update feature, after changing the images.

I personally tested these features before the release of the first version, so I can assure you that changing screenshots does work. You must be doing something wrong, or the console is replacing them when aurora loads. That is all I can think of there. :( Try the ftp update feature, after changing the images.

Thanks gavin, i'll try that out later  :thumbup:

I'd really like to use this, but as soon as I open it, it stops working (link to screenshot attatched)

I'm using Windows 7 SP1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/toqdxde4fsm7y8n/error.jpg?dl=0

That's a hard one... no idea what the cause is, do you have all the dll's next to the exe? perhaps you need to install the C++ 2010 redistributable package and/or the SQLite one? (these shouldn't be needed until you start using the features, if this only occurs when you start it up, then it's likely something with your computer causing it to crash, perhaps your antivirus?)

That's a hard one... no idea what the cause is, do you have all the dll's next to the exe? perhaps you need to install the C++ 2010 redistributable package and/or the SQLite one? (these shouldn't be needed until you start using the features, if this only occurs when you start it up, then it's likely something with your computer causing it to crash, perhaps your antivirus?)

all dll's are in folder, I even ran from rar file just to be sure and it says I have C++ 2010 redistributable package already installed. I tried turning off antivirus/firewall but still no joy. surely it wouldn't be the fact that I'm using x64 windows?