RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
RedEye55

storage issue (usbmu0)

hey, im using a 1tb external hdd and i just noticed i have 32gb avaiable on the USBMU0 folder (which is where i need to put DLCs)

i have 500mb left there but have 580GB free on "aurora" folder. any idea how to add more storage to teh USBMU0 or make aurora read dlcs and TU from other folder?

thanks!

edit:

on aurora folder and 'usb0' it shows 580gb free,ill try paste the dlc content in there and see if its being detected by the system and update the topic.

• Like 1

You can only use 32GB per USBMU for DLC, gamesaves and/or title updates

Starting with 17349 you'll be able to have up to 2TB USBMU, but, there is no official support for this version yet...

• Like 2

You can only use 32GB per USBMU for DLC, gamesaves and/or title updates

Starting with 17349 you'll be able to have up to 2TB USBMU, but, there is no official support for this version yet...

putting dlc and all in the usb0 folder under content wont work? and theres no way to add storage to the usbmu0?

putting dlc and all in the usb0 folder under content wont work? and theres no way to add storage to the usbmu0?

DLC is only read from where the Xbox itself can read it, meaning; if you can see the storage device content in the dashboard, it can be used...

so theres no way to get more than 32gb storage place for saves+dlcs(and tu) ? :(

Currently, that's the maximum limit for USBMU with supported kernels, 17349 will support up to 2TB as i mentioned above, but we haven't released the official stuff for this yet, and you will likely lose current data during the conversion when you switch to the new format...

(unless you first save it to your computer disk)

Currently, that's the maximum limit for USBMU with supported kernels, 17349 will support up to 2TB as i mentioned above, but we haven't released the official stuff for this yet, and you will likely lose current data during the conversion when you switch to the new format...

(unless you first save it to your computer disk)

weird..microsoft didnt think all the way , cuz thinking about people who bought many dlc and got stuck what can they do? dammit..ill have to delete saves :\

weird..microsoft didnt think all the way , cuz thinking about people who bought many dlc and got stuck what can they do? dammit..ill have to delete saves :\

They only think $$, before they added USBMU the only storage device you could have was their own harddrives, then they added support for 16GB USBMU... still making you want to put in that extra cash to buy a HDD, then they increased that to 32GB... again, still making you want to buy that hdd!

Now they're letting go of it as nobody wants to buy overpriced hard drives anymore ;)

• Like 2

You dont have to delete your saves, just plug in another usb device, and copy the content folder from you usbMU to the other usb device, or use an app like horizon which will read the USBMU on the computer, so you can copy the data to your computer, Or just use FTP, make sure it is set up for binary transfer, and copy it all that way. There are many options for this.

• Like 2

You dont have to delete your saves, just plug in another usb device, and copy the content folder from you usbMU to the other usb device, or use an app like horizon which will read the USBMU on the computer, so you can copy the data to your computer, Or just use FTP, make sure it is set up for binary transfer, and copy it all that way. There are many options for this.

thanks but i already finished most of my games so decided to delete their saves since i wont touch it anymore :)

• Like 1

or you could have installed an internal HDD..i personally have a 1TB in mine as well as the 2TB external which i only store games on

or you could wait till the new dash has official support

• Like 1