RealModScene
MaesterRowen

NOVA - The Future of LiNK

Been a long time since I've been here on the site. The site itself has changed, but the whining from those constantly asking when something comes out hasn't. I've given up on the whole thing for my 360. NOVA is just one of those things that takes too long to wait. Just like Deep Silver did when making the Dead Island games. I remember hearing about NOVA when it was an idea, and still not here. I don't expect it to come out at any point this year, if not any year at all. Do yourselves a favor. Stop worrying about your Xbox 360 and play the Xbox One online. No reason why you can't keep both consoles.

Xbox One = Play Online

Xbox 360 = Play Offline with backed up games and Emulators

Now stop the complaining and moaning, find something else to do

6 minutes ago, HowlingWolfe93 said:

Been a long time since I've been here on the site. The site itself has changed, but the whining from those constantly asking when something comes out hasn't. I've given up on the whole thing for my 360. NOVA is just one of those things that takes too long to wait. Just like Deep Silver did when making the Dead Island games. I remember hearing about NOVA when it was an idea, and still not here. I don't expect it to come out at any point this year, if not any year at all. Do yourselves a favor. Stop worrying about your Xbox 360 and play the Xbox One online. No reason why you can't keep both consoles.

Xbox One = Play Online

Xbox 360 = Play Offline with backed up games and Emulators

Now stop the complaining and moaning, find something else to do

You have no idea how wrong you are about that. lol. I think people will be seeing nova sooner than next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

You have no idea how wrong you are about that. lol. I think people will be seeing nova sooner than next year.

Regardless, my point on people still complaining is still true. Anyone that keep asking when something will come out are like children. That's one of the reasons why I stopped visiting the site, that and life got in the way. lol

I believe that this has already reached its final point. With the new consoles they have completely forgotten about previous consoles.

NOVA is dead. Or at least so they do know from when its developers.

I also think that they should be kinder managers do not mock the ignorance of others, should be more humble, all managers, moderators and everything of high rank in this forum are rude, teasing or aggressive and always mocking of the users (Dr. Gonzo) and if they should not treat the users.

3 hours ago, FeArCxDxGx said:

I believe that this has already reached its final point. With the new consoles they have completely forgotten about previous consoles.

NOVA is dead. Or at least so they do know from when its developers.

I also think that they should be kinder managers do not mock the ignorance of others, should be more humble, all managers, moderators and everything of high rank in this forum are rude, teasing or aggressive and always mocking of the users (Dr. Gonzo) and if they should not treat the users.

You want rude? How about this. Your an idiot. First, none of you have any idea what you are talking about. Here is a taste from Team Phoenix's Redmine, pertaining to Nova, that shows that as of a week ago, there were even more bugs fixed in Nova. Just because something isnt ready for public consumption, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Also, Dr. Gonzo knows more than you ever will, and Yes we are assholes, because we have to put up with people like you, who think you know more than you do, asking us questions that are stupid, or have been answered on this forum 20+ times. Try searching before you post. If people did that, the only new threads would be those pertaining to new products, or Skins. Stop being an impatient asshole, or an even better idea, write your own dashboard/plugin, put together your own homebrew team, and see how many impatient people will want you to put all of your time in to a project you do/manage for free, on top of your family and your day job. 

Activity

From 03/30/2017 to 04/28/2017

04/19/2017

04:55 AM Bug #849 (Closed): "Return to Freestyle Home" text still appearing in the minihud.
Fixed
Spkleader
04:54 AM Bug #821 (Closed): Nova Hud File Browser
Fixed!
Launched both DashLaunch installer and Guitar Hero II (game on demand)
Spkleader

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

You want rude? How about this. Your an idiot. First, none of you have any idea what you are talking about. Here is a taste from Team Phoenix's Redmine, pertaining to Nova, that shows that as of a week ago, there were even more bugs fixed in Nova. Just because something isnt ready for public consumption, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Also, Dr. Gonzo knows more than you ever will, and Yes we are assholes, because we have to put up with people like you, who think you know more than you do, asking us questions that are stupid, or have been answered on this forum 20+ times. Try searching before you post. If people did that, the only new threads would be those pertaining to new products, or Skins. Stop being an impatient asshole, or an even better idea, write your own dashboard/plugin, put together your own homebrew team, and see how many impatient people will want you to put all of your time in to a project you do/manage for free, on top of your family and your day job. 

Activity

From 03/30/2017 to 04/28/2017

04/19/2017

04:55 AM Bug #849 (Closed): "Return to Freestyle Home" text still appearing in the minihud.
Fixed
Spkleader
04:54 AM Bug #821 (Closed): Nova Hud File Browser
Fixed!
Launched both DashLaunch installer and Guitar Hero II (game on demand)
Spkleader

I ask you to respect me because I have never offended you

1 minute ago, FeArCxDxGx said:

I ask you to respect me because I have never offended you

You did by calling all of us rude and whatnot, also, NOVA is NOT dead... we haven't forgotten about Xbox 360...

If you don't like us here, feel free to find some other site to visit!

2 minutes ago, Swizzy said:

You did by calling all of us rude and whatnot, also, NOVA is NOT dead... we haven't forgotten about Xbox 360...

If you don't like us here, feel free to find some other site to visit!

I am just expressing what I think but I see that they are so closed to criticism that only you feel with every right to offend anyone you want and in that is wrong I just made that comment, sorry if I offended you in any way

That's why i prefer not writing negative commments about the 360 Scene. It's not really dead. Not yet. But negativity could push it towards it (quicker).

Please be patient, keep calm. Thank you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FeArCxDxGx said:

all managers, moderators and everything of high rank in this forum are rude, teasing or aggressive and always mocking of the users

Hey now! What did I ever do to you?

Anyway, 360 scene is not dead at all (including NOVA). Keep in mind, as the 360 gets older so do the people who made all the fun things we enjoy on it once it's hacked. As people get older, their life situations change, be it school, kids, jobs (or just needing a break from doing one thing for so long) often taking away the "free" time that was once more plentiful. I've seen it happen in every scene over the years, people don't tend to leave the things they love they just get pulled elsewhere and have to sacrifice and take time away.

Now game developers and publishers on the other hand... they left in droves for the new consoles. They clearly were in it only for the money and not the scene. If you want to accuse anyone of abandoning 360, look to the people who were taking your money when it was on the shelves more prominently - and then remember, we aren't them! :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FeArCxDxGx said:

I am just expressing what I think but I see that they are so closed to criticism that only you feel with every right to offend anyone you want and in that is wrong I just made that comment, sorry if I offended you in any way

Every thing you said was offensive. Do you know how many people I have helped fix their consoles in PM? No, you dont, because that isnt public. Do you know how much I alone have done for this scene? Probably not, as I have been here for years. And that is not negating all the work that Team Phoenix has done, TeamFSD before that, Team Xelove, Team Xecuter, or any other team that has developed software or hardware for the 360. Here, I will list a few things.

1. I was on the team that worked on the asset editor for aurora(Swizzy's App, but I was one of the main testers)

2. I pushed for team phoenix to fix the retroarch cores to work with aurora's rom browser feature, as the Libretro team has dropped the 360, due to the main developers devkit breaking.

3. I created the Cheat Manager, that generates cht files for the emulators.

4. I figured out why HUD modifications to the freestyle plugin didnt work, and fixed the XUI tool extensions for that.

5. I released the updated 17511 patched J-Runner, which is running wild on the net, and within 12 hours, I had to remove it from dropbox, as they shut me down for having too many downloads. 

That is a short list of things I have worked on, currently we are working on getting aurora 0.7b finished so it can be released. It is close, but not quite there yet. still a few more bugs to go over, and a few more features to include, which will also create a few more bugs to go over.

When you have done something productive for the Xbox 360 homebrew scene, and you release it, then I will say that you have earned the right to say we are unhelpful and rude to our users. Reality is we have lives, and this is a hobby for us. Your idea of release time tables make no difference to us. We release stuff when it is ready, and not a minute sooner.

On top of that, it doesnt help the scene, when the non developers complain about every thing. If you dont like what we do, or how we do it, you dont have to use it, or be on this forum. That is a choice you and every other user make. If you dont like our attitude, it is not our problem. You dont have to deal with the unruly people, break up the arguments, deal with the kids who have no idea what they are doing, because they bought an RGH on craigslist, and dont know the first thing about how it works, or what it does, and then expect us to spoon feed them information that is all over this site and the internet already. But since this is the only place you can get any updates or news for what is going on in the world of the 360 any more, outside of live hacking, I dont think you have much choice in the matter. Also, whoever said link is dead doesnt know what they are talking about. Just because it isnt used as much as it once was, doesnt make it dead. Full of cheaters, sure, but dead, no.

• Like 6

You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to request, you have the right to have problems that require creative solutions that someone here may or may not come up with. If you choose not to remain silent and want to push your luck it will be admissible to the court... of public opinion, that is!:lolu:

2 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

What is up Cory, havnt seen you post anything on here in years.

Ha, I still watch from time to time. I try not to get too attached to forums these days though, they can take over your life in negative (motivation wise) ways if you lose focus. Figured I'd speak up here when I got a moderation request notice and maybe the whole OT wouldn't devolve further... go figure ;)

• Like 2

@FeArCxDxGx looking at this post   Now that the  entire staff team replied to you, you  did come off rude and offensive. ( now if that was intentional or not that's on you ) The fact that @gavin_darkglider or any moderator left it open for discussion and didn't ban you should let you know that we care about the members and what they have to say. If you where on another Site Modding website you would of been removed instantly. If you ever have any valid complaints about the moderation team Send a private message to a Site admin. If you are going to continue to argue with people and be rude i think the proper action would be to let you sit in time out for 1 month.

The choice is yours

19 minutes ago, Chrishockey55 said:

@FeArCxDxGx looking at this post   Now that the  entire staff team replied to you, you  did come off rude and offensive. ( now if that was intentional or not that's on you ) The fact that @gavin_darkglider or any moderator left it open for discussion and didn't ban you should let you know that we care about the members and what they have to say. If you where on another Site Modding website you would of been removed instantly. If you ever have any valid complaints about the moderation team Send a private message to a Site admin. If you are going to continue to argue with people and be rude i think the proper action would be to let you sit in time out for 1 month.

The choice is yours

Too bad you cant like posts from admins, or I would be liking all over this.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Every thing you said was offensive. Do you know how many people I have helped fix their consoles in PM? No, you dont, because that isnt public. Do you know how much I alone have done for this scene? Probably not, as I have been here for years. And that is not negating all the work that Team Phoenix has done, TeamFSD before that, Team Xelove, Team Xecuter, or any other team that has developed software or hardware for the 360. Here, I will list a few things.

1. I was on the team that worked on the asset editor for aurora(Swizzy's App, but I was one of the main testers)

2. I pushed for team phoenix to fix the retroarch cores to work with aurora's rom browser feature, as the Libretro team has dropped the 360, due to the main developers devkit breaking.

3. I created the Cheat Manager, that generates cht files for the emulators.

4. I figured out why HUD modifications to the freestyle plugin didnt work, and fixed the XUI tool extensions for that.

5. I released the updated 17511 patched J-Runner, which is running wild on the net, and within 12 hours, I had to remove it from dropbox, as they shut me down for having too many downloads. 

That is a short list of things I have worked on, currently we are working on getting aurora 0.7b finished so it can be released. It is close, but not quite there yet. still a few more bugs to go over, and a few more features to include, which will also create a few more bugs to go over.

When you have done something productive for the Xbox 360 homebrew scene, and you release it, then I will say that you have earned the right to say we are unhelpful and rude to our users. Reality is we have lives, and this is a hobby for us. Your idea of release time tables make no difference to us. We release stuff when it is ready, and not a minute sooner.

On top of that, it doesnt help the scene, when the non developers complain about every thing. If you dont like what we do, or how we do it, you dont have to use it, or be on this forum. That is a choice you and every other user make. If you dont like our attitude, it is not our problem. You dont have to deal with the unruly people, break up the arguments, deal with the kids who have no idea what they are doing, because they bought an RGH on craigslist, and dont know the first thing about how it works, or what it does, and then expect us to spoon feed them information that is all over this site and the internet already. But since this is the only place you can get any updates or news for what is going on in the world of the 360 any more, outside of live hacking, I dont think you have much choice in the matter. Also, whoever said link is dead doesnt know what they are talking about. Just because it isnt used as much as it once was, doesnt make it dead. Full of cheaters, sure, but dead, no.

You have done a great job, and it was things like that that made me get into a modded console in the first place. Because some people don't want something so great to go away just yet. The 360 still deserves attention for sure. I agree with you as to why some of us "have to be" rude. Which is why the impatient people that constantly ask when something comes out are like children. I couldn't tell you how many people made an account here on RMS just to ask when NOVA would be out, even though it clearly said it wouldn't be out for some time.

Some people are so impatient that they don't even bother reading the information, and just blindly post "when or how" without even a thought. Honestly Gavin, no one should blame you if you have to be rude back to someone who's being rude in the 1st place. Thank you for sacrificing your sanity for the 360 scene!

• Like 3

:geek:
- For years I'm on the 360 scene, I do not remember seeing so much moderator in a single post Enjoy the meeting
- About delay of release of news, believe that claim not be the key.
- you receive something for free so thanks for having news is the key
- Hug to everyone

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rubensyama said:

:geek:
- For years I'm on the 360 scene, I do not remember seeing so much moderator in a single post Enjoy the meeting
- About delay of release of news, believe that claim not be the key.
- you receive something for free so thanks for having news is the key
- Hug to everyone

The guy called out the whole staff of the forum, and one moderator in specific. We stick up for our own, and I proved the project is not dead. That being said, I havnt seen Cory post anything in years, so it is nice to know that he is still around, even if he is the silent moderator. I personally try to read everything, but we all have lives, and between the work I do for Team Phoenix, moderating this forum, keeping up with what is going on on the TX forums, other research projects, watching children, looking for a new job, etc. I can say that I am pulled pretty thin(not complaining, just a fact), and dont read as much of this as I once did. Dont even get me started on the time I spend answering PM's, sometimes I have multiple people hitting me up there as well, and do what I can for them. I will say this though, it does get tiring some times, and peoples impatiences does start to wear on you after a while. 

• Like 4

Be strong! Im watching many other projects besides projects from the 360 scene and the behaviour of impatience is normal. We all should know that by now. Life of moderators is hard, you just do what you have to do.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, saywaking said:

Be strong! Im watching many other projects besides projects from the 360 scene and the behaviour of impatience is normal. We all should know that by now. Life of moderators is hard, you just do what you have to do.

I didnt even know there were any other major projects going on in the 360 scene, other than the stuff that team phoenix is developing. Most of the other teams disbanded years ago, and occasionally, you get a lone developer(DreamBoy) that continues on the work of others, like pcxsr. I did see some promising work on a port of XBMC to the 360, but that guy seems to have dissapeared, and said he was stuck on converting some function written in assembly to the 360. lol. It really was more the interface, then it was a media center. and even the frontend needed a lot of work. Personally for a project, I would have started with the back end, and then put the front end together using XUI. 

But yeah, I am curious what you are following, shoot me a PM and enlighten me. 

Probably sound slightly rudely because i know that the development of nova takes a long time, but this theme give me Anxiety and intrigue, i speak of NOVA, when for first time i listened of nova, i said wow!!! And get excited so much, but over time we didn't return to know anything, The question that I have is this, it was cancelled? :crybaby:

I really appreciate the work of the teamphoenix with aurora, freestyle, and system link but i need to know it, In case the answer is: Yes, it was cancelled, i wont get angry, because i'm so happy and grateful with system link, but i would like to be so bold of make a little suggestion: :thumbsup:

give more usefulness  for the friend list, I explain,  you add a friend, but you can't do nothing with it, only if you are in the room of he you see the icon with the star and you  know that are you friend, so in the page of xboxunity if you log in you can see your friend list and can see his status if are online, offline, what game are playing and when was the last connection, i want that this beautiful function. in the xbox console:

what i have in mind, its a friend menu with this function and if dont are so difficult when you are for example: if you are playing Black Ops II and a friend recently connect to the game, the console shows up a notification like: (Gamertag) is now online in Black ops II,( and same when he goes offline, ) when you go to the friend menu you see in which room is he, this will upgrade the experience of system link :D 

My english is not very good, I hope that you understood me

Merged with Nova Main Thread !

Dr.Gonzo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaypun said:

Probably sound slightly rudely because i know that the development of nova takes a long time, but this theme give me Anxiety and intrigue, i speak of NOVA, when for first time i listened of nova, i said wow!!! And get excited so much, but over time we didn't return to know anything, The question that I have is this, it was cancelled? :crybaby:

I really appreciate the work of the teamphoenix with aurora, freestyle, and system link but i need to know it, In case the answer is: Yes, it was cancelled, i wont get angry, because i'm so happy and grateful with system link, but i would like to be so bold of make a little suggestion: :thumbsup:

give more usefulness  for the friend list, I explain,  you add a friend, but you can't do nothing with it, only if you are in the room of he you see the icon with the star and you  know that are you friend, so in the page of xboxunity if you log in you can see your friend list and can see his status if are online, offline, what game are playing and when was the last connection, i want that this beautiful function. in the xbox console:

what i have in mind, its a friend menu with this function and if dont are so difficult when you are for example: if you are playing Black Ops II and a friend recently connect to the game, the console shows up a notification like: (Gamertag) is now online in Black ops II,( and same when he goes offline, ) when you go to the friend menu you see in which room is he, this will upgrade the experience of system link :D 

My english is not very good, I hope that you understood me

Merged with Nova Main Thread !

Dr.Gonzo.

This is really fantastic to be able to know when the friend is online, years have passed since this provocative advertisement I do not know of any things if it can take years or even months this is indeterminate for us to think aurora follows with its release every year while NOVA must come Maybe in the very distant future and maybe we will not have as many users on the system link as today ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fabricio Messias De Godoi said:

This is really fantastic to be able to know when the friend is online, years have passed since this provocative advertisement I do not know of any things if it can take years or even months this is indeterminate for us to think aurora follows with its release every year while NOVA must come Maybe in the very distant future and maybe we will not have as many users on the system link as today ...

I still trust in this project, I've been 3 years in system link and i never and never I complained, but if this pass wow!! this will upgrade so much the experience i think that my idea if nova dont release if they implement it is enough for a better system link ;) 

• Like 1

There is really nothing that team phoenix, or any other developer can do to make system link better. System link is tied into the networking API's of the xbox 360. What Nova is attempting to do is remove the HTTP requests to xbox unity(which is slow), and replace it with a socket based system(Dont quote me on this, I am not 100% sure, this is what I have pieced together) possibly using udp packets transmitted over the VPN that ties Link together. There is a lot of complicated changes, not only to the plugin, but also to the server. So really, the end goal will be to add things like messaging, friend finding, etc, to its own singular non HTTP request based system. Think of the current system as a if a middle man were involved. The xbox has to ask the middle man(PHP), then the middle man asks the server(Not really, but this is an analogy) and then the server would talk back to the middle man, who would talk back to you. With linkV2, the plan is to cut out the middle man. This is actually a bad analogy, but with one on one sockets, you get stability, and speed increases. That being said, it still has nothing to do with System Link, as you can do that with a retail console. lol. Also most web servers have alot of unneeded overhead for something like this, so on the server side, it should be more reliable. Just my thoughts based upon what I know. It is a lot of work to create your own network protocols, which is why this hasnt happened yet. FSD was pretty close to done long before the freestyle plugin was introduced to the public, and the main focus is buttoning up Aurora, which from what I understand is pretty much there. Not much more we can ask for in that department. lol.

• Like 2